Best Western laughs at Disabled Comba...

Best Western laughs at Disabled Combat Veteran

There are 72 comments on the CNN story from Aug 9, 2012, titled Best Western laughs at Disabled Combat Veteran. In it, CNN reports that:

I did not write this story but.I am a fellow Combat Veteran And I feel this story needs the widest distribution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wow

Arlington, TX

#67 Aug 19, 2012
Marinewife wrote:
All the good workers are our nuseses, doctors and law enforcement etc.
Wow: thanks to good men like ss chad staples american women and children are not raped, tortured, enslaved, or murderd by the taliban because they prevented the USA from being invaded! WHAT I CANT HEAR YOUR REPLY, I DONT UNDERSTAND MIDDLE EASTERN LANGUAGES!
So 80% christian: is that the town or individual person?
IF U CANT STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, THEN GET IN FRONT OF THEM
Good ol monahans huh? You need to get out of the country club group more often and see, with open eyes, what is really here.
EVERYONE B*TCH, GOT AN OPINION BUT WHO HAS THE SOLUTION.
You say this good place, then see it for what it is and make the whole town a good place. Because the "good" ive seen is a very very very small minority and they get mistreated alot by the majority they tryng to help! Soo sad to me! SO WHO HAS THE SOLUTION TO SAVE MONAHANS! I graduated highschool here. Town changed for the worst.
So let me get this straight, you call me a bitch, insult people from the middle east yet tell me to get on front of the troops because I'M not Christian?

Alright.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#68 Aug 19, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>The lady in Texas as no "towelhead".
u need to reread the sentence before u answer. He was talking about the manager dummy.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#69 Aug 19, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>U are so stupid... She could have found someone to help. She didn't even try... I can guarantee u she will b dealt with by the public. U want to put our veterans down. U have a lot of nerve!
then u be his mommy or care taker if ur so concerned of his well being he should have stayed at the vet hospital in big spring

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#70 Aug 19, 2012
Kka wrote:
And noone asked him to go to war he went willinug so take off ur chip I went and got hurt but noone owes me snap
yup ur right he went on his own. He wasn't drafted his new what he was getting into.
fred

United States

#71 Aug 19, 2012
Ya rayG he new what he was getting into. But no one veteran or not should be treated like that. If your gonna be that way you should have a job that doesn't involve customer service or people.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#72 Aug 20, 2012
fred wrote:
Ya rayG he new what he was getting into. But no one veteran or not should be treated like that. If your gonna be that way you should have a job that doesn't involve customer service or people.
yup ur right Fred.
Monahans Resident

Midland, TX

#73 Aug 21, 2012
@ Marinewife…You shouldn’t take things so personal or to heart. People are simply voicing their opinions. It almost seems like you have this mentality that just because people don’t agree with you or support your opinion that they are anti-military. That isn’t the case. My question to you is this.. Just because you hold a title of Dr., Police Officer, Nurse, Pastor, Lawyer, Marine, Master Chief, etc….(You get the picture) that you are exempt from lieing, cursing, stealing or behaving badly and because you hold one of these titles you should get a free pass to act however? One thing I know is this. There is no man without skeletons!!! Even those with titles &#61514;
And For Your Information…. I don’t belong to no country club nor am I oblivious to the things that are happening in Monahans. Monahans by far is less than perfect but nevertheless you tell me what place is? I’ll wait.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#74 Aug 21, 2012
Monahans Resident wrote:
@ MarinewifeÂ…You shouldnÂ’t take things so personal or to heart. People are simply voicing their opinions. It almost seems like you have this mentality that just because people donÂ’t agree with you or support your opinion that they are anti-military. That isnÂ’t the case. My question to you is this.. Just because you hold a title of Dr., Police Officer, Nurse, Pastor, Lawyer, Marine, Master Chief, etcÂ….(You get the picture) that you are exempt from lieing, cursing, stealing or behaving badly and because you hold one of these titles you should get a free pass to act however? One thing I know is this. There is no man without skeletons!!! Even those with titles &#61514;
And For Your InformationÂ…. I donÂ’t belong to no country club nor am I oblivious to the things that are happening in Monahans. Monahans by far is less than perfect but nevertheless you tell me what place is? IÂ’ll wait.
thats right Monahans resident.
rayg

Hurst, TX

#75 Aug 27, 2012
Blame the canal jockey it's his motel his rules screw it. Business is business that was the only room they had available so he took it. He should have called for reservations and told him he was handicaped. So what r they supposed to do. While and oilfield worker was working take his stuff out of his room. Cause somebody didn't make a reservation. But assumed to get a room. Yea he got lucky to get a room there in monahans. Or he would have to drive to elpaso to get a room
Expose

Monahans, TX

#76 Aug 31, 2012
This town is crazy and I partially do agree with Marinewife!! The mayor OPENLY hates gays, hires drug addicts, and has all ILLEGAL employees working at this new tomato factory. Well, the majority of them are illegal anyways and we all know that's true! HE HAS TURNED MONAHANS into an RV PARK!!! So sad! When Monahans has become the way it has, what do you expect to happen to the people! There are people being pulled over by the police and being black mailed, IE: "You better tell me who sells cocaine here or else I'm gonna call CPS on you!" The police don't even protect the people anymore, they're so worthless! WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSTICE!!?? I also read a comment where someone said Monahans was about donations, charity, and hospitatlity! You know what, it was at one time. It was a great place to live. But now, you walk into a store and you can't even tell if someone shop lifted or if their pockets are full of stones to throw at the sinners. This story and how it relates to Monahans culture is just the tip of the iceberg. Everything in this town has changed and it's sad!!!! VERY SAD!!!! In relation to the story, I have lived in Monahans all my life. A cousin of mine died in the war, and a few of my cousins have lived to come back and then be reactivated. Also a lot of friends are in the services. My respect to all of the men and women who stand up for us!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#77 Oct 5, 2012
Yea I'm came thru town from Dallas. And I said. Damn. Looks like hillbilly county all u need is laundry hanging on lines. They should of hid them trailers in Thorntonville instead of along the interstate. It makes monahans look trashy. What's the mayor trying to prove that there is oil wells out there so the travelers can be amassed by hmmm I don't think so.
American Woman

Monahans, TX

#78 Oct 9, 2012
RayG89 wrote:
Yea I'm came thru town from Dallas. And I said. Damn. Looks like hillbilly county all u need is laundry hanging on lines. They should of hid them trailers in Thorntonville instead of along the interstate. It makes monahans look trashy. What's the mayor trying to prove that there is oil wells out there so the travelers can be amassed by hmmm I don't think so.
what does this comment have to do with the soldier? Just asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monahans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good time 6 hr him 1
Cheyenne billings and Vanessa brooke 20 hr Stupid junkies 6
The dealers Aug 16 Crimestoppers 13
well miss you lorreta ward Aug 13 Stfu 3
Any ladies wanna chat? Aug 13 Anon 1
Joey the snitch Aug 10 Trap 1
Jackie Smith and Brandi (Oct '13) Aug 7 Brandy 7

Monahans Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monahans Mortgages