The pros and cons of universal health...

The pros and cons of universal health care

There are 5 comments on the WQAD story from Apr 22, 2005, titled The pros and cons of universal health care. In it, WQAD reports that:

By John David Sebastian Alexander Arner is enjoying a warm welcome to the world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Alex

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 22, 2010
Universal health care will not solve our problems in America. There's no such thing as "free" Health care, we would make up the funds by paying more taxes in other areas. Have you ever been to a hospital for uninsured citizens? The wait is unbelievable even going to a doctors appointment with universal health you'd be waiting for hours. Universal health care will also disuede people from becoming doctors in the future. why would you go to school for 10-12 years to be a doctor when you would make juts as much as a teacher would? Healthy people who do pay for their health insurance also would be paying for people who chose to smoke or who are obese, people who destroy their health on their own terms. With this health care reform, the government would now decide where and who gets what treatments and drugs. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
Marek

London, UK

#2 Feb 23, 2010
The principle behind universal healthcare is good, and I don't think anyone will disagree with it. The problems come when megacorporations take control of a medical model and abuse it for their own means, eg. profit. I am aware that the UK's NHS model has been used by some politicians in America as a good example of what can be achieved... don't believe a word of it. The NHS is a debt-ridden bureaucracy that now exists purely to bail out the drug companies that have run out of profitable ideas. The budget last year was £11billion, and £8billion of that went to drug companies.

Marek, http://www.blueprintfitness.co.uk
vegas baby

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 2, 2010
They are going to do what they want to do regardless. Suck it up, save your money and move to mexico if you dont like it.
both sides

United States

#4 Mar 6, 2011
Alex wrote:
There's no such thing as "free" Health care, people who destroy their health. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
I think you need to get in touch with reality. You pay for, and they get free health care. If you work for any part of the gov. I didn't get diebetes from poor life style. It just happened. I use to pay for health insurance but now I can't get any because of diebetes. I don't want free insurance but atleast sell me some that I can afford. And as far as your long wait time. It's here with out the obomacare program. Has been for a long time.
both sides

United States

#5 Mar 6, 2011
Alex wrote:
Universal health care will not solve our problems in America. There's no such thing as "free" Health care, we would make up the funds by paying more taxes in other areas. Have you ever been to a hospital for uninsured citizens? The wait is unbelievable even going to a doctors appointment with universal health you'd be waiting for hours. Universal health care will also disuede people from becoming doctors in the future. why would you go to school for 10-12 years to be a doctor when you would make juts as much as a teacher would? Healthy people who do pay for their health insurance also would be paying for people who chose to smoke or who are obese, people who destroy their health on their own terms. With this health care reform, the government would now decide where and who gets what treatments and drugs. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
By the way I work in the health care field. And things are not getting any better. So if you have a better solution. I'm sure a lot of people will listen to it. But we need to try some thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This town sucks Aug 21 Sos 4
News Chicago man pleads not guilty to sex abuse, chi... (Aug '15) Aug 14 Tatiana Hernandez 2
News New 8 On Your Side tool is online fix for your ... (Jun '10) Aug 3 Douglass 13
News Knox Co. man arrested after jumping on cars in ... (Jul '10) Jul 30 JaihouseSnitch 23
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jul '16 Chaimpie 93
MOre layoffs at Deere (Aug '15) Jul '16 Thinker 4
News Silvis stabbing victim speaks (Mar '10) Jul '16 Exectec 24

Moline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moline Mortgages