The pros and cons of universal health care

Full story: WQAD

By John David Sebastian Alexander Arner is enjoying a warm welcome to the world.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2011
Alex

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Universal health care will not solve our problems in America. There's no such thing as "free" Health care, we would make up the funds by paying more taxes in other areas. Have you ever been to a hospital for uninsured citizens? The wait is unbelievable even going to a doctors appointment with universal health you'd be waiting for hours. Universal health care will also disuede people from becoming doctors in the future. why would you go to school for 10-12 years to be a doctor when you would make juts as much as a teacher would? Healthy people who do pay for their health insurance also would be paying for people who chose to smoke or who are obese, people who destroy their health on their own terms. With this health care reform, the government would now decide where and who gets what treatments and drugs. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
Marek

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

The principle behind universal healthcare is good, and I don't think anyone will disagree with it. The problems come when megacorporations take control of a medical model and abuse it for their own means, eg. profit. I am aware that the UK's NHS model has been used by some politicians in America as a good example of what can be achieved... don't believe a word of it. The NHS is a debt-ridden bureaucracy that now exists purely to bail out the drug companies that have run out of profitable ideas. The budget last year was 11billion, and 8billion of that went to drug companies.

Marek, http://www.blueprintfitness.co.uk
vegas baby

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

They are going to do what they want to do regardless. Suck it up, save your money and move to mexico if you dont like it.
both sides

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Alex wrote:
There's no such thing as "free" Health care, people who destroy their health. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
I think you need to get in touch with reality. You pay for, and they get free health care. If you work for any part of the gov. I didn't get diebetes from poor life style. It just happened. I use to pay for health insurance but now I can't get any because of diebetes. I don't want free insurance but atleast sell me some that I can afford. And as far as your long wait time. It's here with out the obomacare program. Has been for a long time.
both sides

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Alex wrote:
Universal health care will not solve our problems in America. There's no such thing as "free" Health care, we would make up the funds by paying more taxes in other areas. Have you ever been to a hospital for uninsured citizens? The wait is unbelievable even going to a doctors appointment with universal health you'd be waiting for hours. Universal health care will also disuede people from becoming doctors in the future. why would you go to school for 10-12 years to be a doctor when you would make juts as much as a teacher would? Healthy people who do pay for their health insurance also would be paying for people who chose to smoke or who are obese, people who destroy their health on their own terms. With this health care reform, the government would now decide where and who gets what treatments and drugs. Before you decide if you are for this Health Care reform because you hear the word "free", do research and compare the pros and cons.
By the way I work in the health care field. And things are not getting any better. So if you have a better solution. I'm sure a lot of people will listen to it. But we need to try some thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Moline Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••