Eriksen Chevrolet donates car to stranded family

Full story: WQAD

There's much better news for the Weismore family Thursday. After dozens of emails, phone calls and contributions, they're almost ready to go home to North Dakota.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Machell

Davenport, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

THis is truly an awsome show of community support. I am proud to say I live in the midwest, Burlington, This is what we are all about
hmmmm

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Wow, how generous of our community!!! Way to go Quad Cities, however,
How about the local families who need car repairs to get back and forth to work? What about the homeless families living here? Do you even realize how many families are stranded here every week (if not, call Traveler's Aid at the Salvation Army and ask them!!). Did anybody verify this information? How about working off your car repairs, hotel cost, and food expenses?
Interesting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

I am a bit of a skeptic...sorry....but I wonder if there was any type of checking done into her story. A simple Google search is very interesting.......
just a number

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

I so agree with hmmmmmm
anna

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

not a single person who helped this family verified the story.
google

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Daily Sun staff reports | Posted: Friday, January 2, 2009 12:00 am

Two Florida residents were arrested at a Beatrice motel for possession of marijuana early Tuesday morning.

James Weismore, Jr., 39, and Michelle Weismore, 40, were arrested Tuesday morning at a motel for possession of marijuana (less than one ounce) and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a news release from the South East Area Drug Enforcement Task Force.

The couple were reported to have been begging around the community for food and money, Beatrice Police Chief Bruce Lang said. Then it was found that they were planning to use the money received to purchase marijuana.

The couple were arrested after they purchased marijuana from an undercover police officer.

SEADE was assisted in the operation by the Gage County Sheriff’s Office and the Beatrice Police Department.
really

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Shame on you WQAD for even airing this story!
Realist

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

From the Bismark Tribune, October 11, 2009
"Driving under suspension: Michelle R. Weismore, YOB 1968, Gackle, five days suspended for one year."

And if you go to the Florida Department of Corrections website, you’ll find listings for a “James Harold Weismore”, age 21, registered sex offender (incest with relative). Spitting image of the mother and one of the sons in the video (same nose).

What a sad world this has become that you can’t trust anyone. I’m sorry for the people who donated to this loser family.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Soooooo, while everybody is busy donating money and cars to this woman and her kids does nobody else smell a rat but me??? Why would someone drive all the way to Florida with no extra money in case of emergencies and in a 90's van that you don't know is in tip top shape??? And why isn't she calling her family from North Dakota to help out financially? We don't know if the woman is wanted, the vehicle was in a crime in Florida or North Dakota!! Did anyone do a back ground check???? I can see putting her up for a couple of nights and even donating a car but to put $1,000 in her hand is just plain dumb!!!
John

Monticello, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Just because they were arrested for drug posession does not mean they are bad people.. but I can understand why people are upset.
IllinoisPam

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Bummer. Those judging these folks. It was your right not to contribute, and your right to your opinion. I'm glad that they received assistance.
Interesting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

"The couple were reported to have been begging around the community for food and money"

I am not against helping people out and I am not judging them....I am only concerned by this one line in the article and wondering...is this a scam??
Scam

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

Most definitely a scam. I think now WQAD will need to do an 8 on your side investigation into the hobo scammers travelling through the Quad Cities.

I'm sorry QC but you were just taken for a car and over $1000.
license

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

So, did she even have a driver's license? How about insurance on the vehicle?
WQAD

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

Are you going to always air stories of people needing assistance? I know of several families that have horrible situations out of their control who could really use some help. Please post who they should contact at your station to get their story aired.
Another Family

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

I saw a couple by the bridge yesterday that was holding a sign saying they were stranded in the area. Can we get them a car and $1000? Please let me know where to donate.
mike hwy 61

Effingham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

i think people wanted to help the children what r the kids supposed to do have a better heart
Lina

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

What a world we live in. If someone wants to help a family in need they should be able to do so without all the nit-picking. Those same people who donated probably donate to all sorts of causes. If it is a scam, then those people will pay some day. But for those who donated, God Bless them.
Gackle ND Resident

Gackle, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

There is no family in North Dakota. You skeptics are all correct in your thoughts. Someone does need to help these children though and the only way to do that is to get them away from Michelle!!
IllinoisPam

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

If she scammed anyone, she'll be exposed in due time. Why even worry about it? Someone was in need, and people helped her out of the kindness of their heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Rock Island County was issued at July 13 at 9:05PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Moline Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moline People Search