Another case of animal abuse in Illinois

Another case of animal abuse in Illinois

There are 63 comments on the WQAD story from Apr 9, 2010, titled Another case of animal abuse in Illinois. In it, WQAD reports that:

Sadly, there is another case of animal abuse that is costing an area animal shelter hundreds of dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mamakitty

Annandale, MN

#1 Apr 9, 2010
What is wrong with people? Do you feel so terrible about yourselves that you have to harm helpless animals? I pity you!
TheLight

Geneseo, IL

#2 Apr 9, 2010
There's evidence that shows this was an intentional injury?
catlover

Des Moines, IA

#3 Apr 9, 2010
TheLight wrote:
There's evidence that shows this was an intentional injury?
Yeah, maybe the dog was smoking in bed and caught his fur on fire dumb a**. Like an animal can intentionally burn itself??? Gawd, some people are just more dumb than dirt.
catlover

Des Moines, IA

#4 Apr 9, 2010
No, I recant; MOST people ARE more dumb than dirt, especially when it comes to how people treat animals.
TheLight

Geneseo, IL

#6 Apr 9, 2010
catlover wrote:
No, I recant; MOST people ARE more dumb than dirt, especially when it comes to how people treat animals.
In my last post I referred to you as an 'zzzhole' but it was ****'d out. I'm so glad to know you have included yourself into "people" category. Dummy.
rogersmom

Hamilton, IL

#7 Apr 9, 2010
edie currently lives with my family... she is an amazing little girl. even if her injury wasnt intentional her lack of care after is still animal abuse. how anyone could hurt her will always remain a mystery to us... she is such a loving and fun little dog and how she can still trust people after what she has been through shows how unconditional an animals love is... we should have the same love for them!
TheLight

Geneseo, IL

#8 Apr 9, 2010
rogersmom wrote:
edie currently lives with my family... she is an amazing little girl. even if her injury wasnt intentional her lack of care after is still animal abuse. how anyone could hurt her will always remain a mystery to us... she is such a loving and fun little dog and how she can still trust people after what she has been through shows how unconditional an animals love is... we should have the same love for them!
I'm not sure what you are saying here. It's amazing that you are taking care of her. Good for you, she is a beautiful girl. Not sure what you mean by lack of care. I lost a dog in a tornado once (car accident) it was several weeks before we found him again (Thank-God) did he ever look beat up and burnt.(a grass fire in Iowa) There have been other pets lost and found in the same way. So how can anyone assume that someone should have known? Do you get where I am coming from, as a pet lover myself? Thanks for stepping up to take care of 'Edie.' It's to bad she can't talk, she probably has a few stories to tell. We can only speculate.
MissingPokey

Carthage, IL

#9 Apr 10, 2010
I am very happy these stories have came up and the press has shed such a public light on them. Animal abuse is a horrific thing that happens way to frequently. Unfortunatley, it is often forgotten as it's not usually seen by the public but by the animal rescues and shelters who find and care for the victims. I think we all need to take a moment and Thank all of those who Volunteer, for their tears and love they give to the forgotten, lost, and abused animals in this country. There are so many animals lost and loved ones looking for them, so many abandoned like they never mattered and so many intentionaly abused. I just want to say Thank you to all animal control officers and all volunteers who live with the pain of seeing this everyday, for your efforts in helping them and for the love and care you give to all of them. Thank You!
Pete8632

United States

#10 Apr 10, 2010
My God. They keep doing tis because they aren't getting punished
Dog Lover from Midwest

East Moline, IL

#11 Apr 10, 2010
Who ever did this need to have the same thing done to them. No animal could ever have done anything to deserve this kind of treatment!
I hope this poor baby heals soon and is adopted by a family who would give it the LOVE it deserves.
rogersmom

Hamilton, IL

#12 Apr 10, 2010
the light - if edie's people are out there and they care for her, they have not made any effort to contact the animal shelter regarding her situation. edie has been in the paper and now on the news... as much as we would all like to think edie's life was happy and that she was never abused, its not very likely. very sorry for your unfortuante experience with your own dog, i would be a mess if that were to happen to my baby (the rottie who edie plays with).
tina

East Moline, IL

#13 Apr 10, 2010
I feel that when people are meen to there animals they schould never be aloud to get another one and it schould be posted all over so we know how did it so they can't hurt pets .3124
Horrified and Disgusted

Springfield, MO

#14 Apr 10, 2010
Rogersmom-thank you for taking Edie in. We need more people like you in this world to help animals who have been abused and neglected. I don't know how this happened to Edie, but if it was abuse, then those people need to be caught and punished severely. I think that Pete8632 has a good point. We need to amend the laws dealing with animal abuse. The punishment should be a felony with lengthy prison time AND a huge fine (at least in the six figures).
pbpossum

United States

#15 Apr 10, 2010
You got some mighty sick individuals out there in Illinois.

Could it be that they are reading all these comments (about Edie and Dutch) and feeding off all the attention?
catlover

Des Moines, IA

#16 Apr 10, 2010
TheLight wrote:
<quoted text>In my last post I referred to you as an 'zzzhole' but it was ****'d out. I'm so glad to know you have included yourself into "people" category. Dummy.
I thought you were being sarcastic, as if the dog was not in fact mistreated. Some people were posting on the cat story saying it's just a cat, who cares; that's how I initially took your post. My mistake after reading your later post, and my apologies. I get upset when people don't take animal abuse seriously.
Peggy Terrey

Rockford, IL

#17 Apr 10, 2010
This is absolutely appalling! Anyone who would harm an innocent being that can't defend itself; whether child or animal, is not just sick, he's an evil,depraved psychopath without a conscience. There is a strong probability that the people who have done this to this dog and the cat in Henry County are also abusers of people. I hope someone out there, who knows something, calls Crime Stoppers to report these guys. They don't deserve to be on the streets.
sickofidiots

Murphysboro, IL

#18 Apr 10, 2010
k;l
MissingPokey

Carthage, IL

#19 Apr 10, 2010
I hadn't heard about the it's just a cat comment! But what I say to that is... If you have no respect for the pain and suffering of an animal than you have none for a human being. Yeah it is a cat an animal and there are plenty but that ONE animal feels Pain and Love!! So that nakes it right because there are sooo many? Seriously, that's probably the rationalization of serial killers about there victims too!
KeepPetsIndoors

Moline, IL

#20 Apr 10, 2010
Does anyone know the address of the animal rescue that is caring for Edie so we can make donations?
Doglover-7

United States

#22 Apr 11, 2010
MissingPokey wrote:
I hadn't heard about the it's just a cat comment! But what I say to that is... If you have no respect for the pain and suffering of an animal than you have none for a human being. Yeah it is a cat an animal and there are plenty but that ONE animal feels Pain and Love!! So that nakes it right because there are sooo many? Seriously, that's probably the rationalization of serial killers about there victims too!
Those azzwholes are all over Topix saying things like that,sadly. Drives me insane. I love my cats more than anyone in my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Evans Tree Service (Jun '13) Wed Hard worker 4
News Old family dog is mistaken for a dying stray, s... (Sep '10) Tue i2rhyme 126
Maybe IDK May 16 Jon Bellion 1
Heyy May 11 GirlLooking4Boy 1
Girl lookin for boy May 11 NdDieselBoy 1
Fire Away May 11 NdDieselBoy 2
Ran out of Dog Food. Need h elp May 11 NdDieselBoy 1

Moline Jobs

Personal Finance

Moline Mortgages