Proposition 8: Ruling against Prop. 8 could lead to federal precede...

Full story: KFOR 46
Judge says the same-sex marriage ban was rooted in 'moral disapproval' and violates constitutional rights to equal protection and due process. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I'm a transsexual lesbian. So?”

Since: May 08

Bowling Green, OH

#45 Dec 11, 2010
not the other chris wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as off base as you can be. We are one nation under God...etc.
Sorry to burst your fantasy, bigot, but we are not... repeat, NOT a Christian theocracy! As you bringing up the coinage, that was required only since the late 1950s under McCarthyism.

Also, my dear bigot, religious beliefs have NO standing in a court of law! Those justifications have been struck down repeatedly by the US Supreme Court as well as lesser courts, too!

Religion has been used to justify banning interracial marriage as well as the denying women and blacks the right to vote!

There must be a rational and compelling reason to deny same-sex couples the right to vote, my dear bigot... and as the trial proved -- there wasn't any!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#46 Dec 11, 2010
Wow your posts stinks from the smell of bigotry
MarleneBomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your fantasy, bigot, but we are not... repeat, NOT a Christian theocracy! As you bringing up the coinage, that was required only since the late 1950s under McCarthyism.
Also, my dear bigot, religious beliefs have NO standing in a court of law! Those justifications have been struck down repeatedly by the US Supreme Court as well as lesser courts, too!
Religion has been used to justify banning interracial marriage as well as the denying women and blacks the right to vote!
There must be a rational and compelling reason to deny same-sex couples the right to vote, my dear bigot... and as the trial proved -- there wasn't any!

Bowling Green, OH

#47 Dec 11, 2010
I'm no bigot, sweetcheeks!

I've *never* called for the denial of Christians their rights under the Constitution, darling.

If you have a problem with the Constitution being a secular document, my dear... go take it up with Jefferson and Madison, not to mention the many judges who think so too!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48 Dec 11, 2010
The definition of bigotry does not contain the word "constitution" in it in any way shape or form

From dictionary.com
stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

I would say you displayed a great deal of intolerance for his beliefs.
MarleneBomer wrote:
I'm no bigot, sweetcheeks!
I've *never* called for the denial of Christians their rights under the Constitution, darling.
If you have a problem with the Constitution being a secular document, my dear... go take it up with Jefferson and Madison, not to mention the many judges who think so too!

Since: Mar 07

United States

#49 Dec 11, 2010
lol wrote:
wow so one radical judge can overturn the will of the people? are we in America? freakin twilight zone i swear. THE PEOPLE SPOKE so keep your immoral choices out of my face. you can live together in peace with your choice to be gay, but keep it out of the holy sanctimony of marriage because the people DONT want it
You don't know how the government works, do you?

One of the things a federal judge DOES is rule on the constitutionality of laws.

And in what strange world is marrying immoral? And where is some gay couple pushing their license in your face?

Bowling Green, OH

#51 Dec 23, 2010
Honest AbeL wrote:
I would say you displayed a great deal of intolerance for his beliefs.
Darling, a bigot can spew whatever they want. The First Amendment gives them that right!

What I will *NOT* abide is a bigot trying to write their bigotry into civil law. I will also fight any attempt to deny a bigot *their* civil rights as well!

I have *never* heard any LGBT group demanding members of specific American Taliban groups lose their right to vote, or to be denied a job or promotion, or be denied a place to live, etcetera!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking to hook up 2 hr Jude9669 1
Looking for a hookup 2 hr Jude9669 1
Dec. 16 Police Reports Sun bennymutt 1
Married man looking to sext. Dec 13 mrfixit65 2
Sex with my older brother? Dec 10 Zach123 1
Review: Custom Welding & Repair Dec 8 billstacy 1
From Heaven to Hell in The War on Culture Nov '14 Culture Auditor 1
Moline Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Moline News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moline

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:31 pm PST

Bleacher Report11:31PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 8:09 AM
Marc Trestman: We'll talk about whether Jimmy Clausen starts again
NFL 8:57 AM
Dominic Raiola says Ferguson stomp was unintentional
ESPN 9:15 AM
Coughlin chides Beckham but likes his edge
NBC Sports10:07 AM
Robbie Gould questions benching of Jay Cutler