Proposition 8: Ruling against Prop. 8 could lead to federal precede...

Full story: KFOR

Judge says the same-sex marriage ban was rooted in 'moral disapproval' and violates constitutional rights to equal protection and due process.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Taylor

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

A Federal Judge again? Is this the same person who stopped Arizona's law from going into effect?
Why even vote anymore? If a tree hugging judge is going to change it anyway it seams like a waste of time to drive to the polls.
Looks like the illegals and faggots have more time to clog up the judicial system with their Un-American agenda. Meanwhile I go to work and I am forced to pay for the courts to hear their un-ethical, immoral, work for nothing, bring in drugs/weapons and anything else they can make a buck doing illegally.
This is not the Land of the free and the home of the brave any longer.
lol

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

wow so one radical judge can overturn the will of the people? are we in America? freakin twilight zone i swear. THE PEOPLE SPOKE so keep your immoral choices out of my face. you can live together in peace with your choice to be gay, but keep it out of the holy sanctimony of marriage because the people DONT want it
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Taylor wrote:
A Federal Judge again? Is this the same person who stopped Arizona's law from going into effect?
Why even vote anymore? If a tree hugging judge is going to change it anyway it seams like a waste of time to drive to the polls.
Looks like the illegals and faggots have more time to clog up the judicial system with their Un-American agenda. Meanwhile I go to work and I am forced to pay for the courts to hear their un-ethical, immoral, work for nothing, bring in drugs/weapons and anything else they can make a buck doing illegally.
Since when is having the freedom to be yourself & live your life as you choose "Un-American"? Also, what does homosexuality have to do with illegal immigration? You're posting way out in left field here.
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

lol wrote:
wow so one radical judge can overturn the will of the people? are we in America? freakin twilight zone i swear. THE PEOPLE SPOKE so keep your immoral choices out of my face. you can live together in peace with your choice to be gay, but keep it out of the holy sanctimony of marriage because the people DONT want it
According to the Topix poll, 7,526 are in favor of it, whereas 7,069 are against it. So, you're right, the people have spoke - in favor of gay marriage.

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Taylor wrote:
While I agree with what the judge said, I disagree with his motion. The Proposition was voted on by the people. The people spoke and decided, but HE determined that the people are wrong. IMO, HE is wrong. Not because he advocates for homosexuals, but because he overrode the will of the people of California.

I'm agree with you. Why vote? It means absolutely nothing. Our country is supposed to be of the people, for the people and by the people. First of all, we're given VERY FEW opportunities to vote on issues. Then, when do get to, our decisions are overturned.

This judge's decision is wrong on so many levels. Not because of his moral ideals but because he spit in the face of every voter in California. He as much as said "I know better than you."

My question is this. Why are we, as American citizens, standing for this kind of stuff? Why are we being pushed around and not pushing back? Oh, I forgot. We're going to vote again in 2012 and then everything will be all better.

Boloney!!! Nothing will change because we don't DEMAND the change. All we do is change the names and faces every few years and that's it. Then when crap hits the fan we sit around and complain.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Vicki wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Topix poll, 7,526 are in favor of it, whereas 7,069 are against it. So, you're right, the people have spoke - in favor of gay marriage.
Comparing a Topix poll to a vote is like comparing filet mignon to a hot dog. When United States citizens go and vote they expect their votes to count for something. I guess in America they don't anymore.

Let's get rid of voting and we'll decide all important issues through Topix polls.
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing a Topix poll to a vote is like comparing filet mignon to a hot dog. When United States citizens go and vote they expect their votes to count for something. I guess in America they don't anymore.
Let's get rid of voting and we'll decide all important issues through Topix polls.
This judge went by the fact that its unconstitutional to forbid same-sex couples to marry, in which he is very much right. Here is the US Constitution for you:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html Show us how a law is passed through the bigotry of people. Also, show us where it says that people of the same gender cannot marry as well. In order for a law to be passed, there's got to be more standing to it, than mere prejudice alone.

Since: Nov 08

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

So you also feel civil rights should have been determined by public vote and women's rights too? Too bad you do not understand our government and how it works. The will of the people in America should never be made law when taking freedom that is not American.
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree with what the judge said, I disagree with his motion. The Proposition was voted on by the people. The people spoke and decided, but HE determined that the people are wrong. IMO, HE is wrong. Not because he advocates for homosexuals, but because he overrode the will of the people of California.
I'm agree with you. Why vote? It means absolutely nothing. Our country is supposed to be of the people, for the people and by the people. First of all, we're given VERY FEW opportunities to vote on issues. Then, when do get to, our decisions are overturned.
This judge's decision is wrong on so many levels. Not because of his moral ideals but because he spit in the face of every voter in California. He as much as said "I know better than you."
My question is this. Why are we, as American citizens, standing for this kind of stuff? Why are we being pushed around and not pushing back? Oh, I forgot. We're going to vote again in 2012 and then everything will be all better.
Boloney!!! Nothing will change because we don't DEMAND the change. All we do is change the names and faces every few years and that's it. Then when crap hits the fan we sit around and complain.
TRB

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

I am sorry people but just because a majority vote was taken place doesn't mean it's right. Slavery was once a majority in this country. It's a transitional change. It will take time and soon people will see that Gay Marriage has no negative impact on anyone. In fact if anything it will strengthen the economy and the lives of many. People need to focus less on fear of people loving each other and more on being loved by each other.
Against

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Vicki wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Topix poll, 7,526 are in favor of it, whereas 7,069 are against it. So, you're right, the people have spoke - in favor of gay marriage.
Now there are 7070 against it.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

OutVoice wrote:
So you also feel civil rights should have been determined by public vote and women's rights too? Too bad you do not understand our government and how it works. The will of the people in America should never be made law when taking freedom that is not American.
<quoted text>
I think ALL issues that concern the country should be determined by the public. Afterall, we are the ones for whom the government is supposed to work.

If things don't work in YOUR particular favor, then you work to change public opinion. We should not have our lives dictated to by judges. To do so is opening ourselves up to being ruled by dictators.

I have no beef with homosexuals. Don't care what they do. But if the majority of America isn't ready for gay marriage and they have made their voices heard in a vote then I think it's wrong for ONE judge to have the power to spit in the face of the voting majority in order to kiss the butts of a few who demand to have THEIR way right now.
Donimus Maximo

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

This is just a large victory in the war for equality!:) Perhaps we should see if a majority vote in California could outlaw LDS religion. All you idiots that think a state's majority vote can supersede the federal constitution's 14th amendment, need to get a clue.
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Against wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there are 7070 against it.
So??? Gay marriage, whether we think its disgusting or not, is a Constitutional right. Nothing prohibits it in the Constitution. Hopefully you will realize sooner or later, that what's in the Constitution has more bearing than what a person thinks. Does that make sense to you? You can fuss all you want about gay marriage, but what's in the Constitution is what is going to matter in the end.

“Jesus Is Lord”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

What the Word of God says that has governed our Great constitution for over 200 yrs.
Rom 1:18 For God's wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodliness and wickedness of those who in their wickedness suppress the truth.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God himself has made it plain to them.
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes-his eternal power and divine nature-have been understood and observed by what he made, so that people are without excuse.
Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him. Instead, their thoughts turned to worthless things, and their ignorant hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22 Though claiming to be wise, they became fools
Rom 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that looked like mortal human beings, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.
Rom 1:24 For this reason, God gave them over to impurity to follow the lusts of their hearts and to dishonor their bodies with one another.
Rom 1:25 They exchanged God's truth for a lie and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this reason, God gave them over to degrading passions. Even their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural.
Rom 1:27 In the same way, their males also abandoned the natural sexual function of females and burned with lust for one another. Males committed indecent acts with males, and received in themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion.
Rom 1:28 Furthermore, because they did not think it worthwhile to retain the full knowledge of God, God gave them over to degraded minds to perform acts that should not be done.
Rom 1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips,
Rom 1:30 slanderers, God-haters, haughty, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to their parents,
Rom 1:31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
Rom 1:32 Although they know God's just requirement-that those who practice such things deserve to die-they not only do these things but even applaud others who practice them.
Vicki

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Man of the Cloth wrote:
What the Word of God says that has governed our Great constitution for over 200 yrs.
Rom 1:18 For God's wrath is being revealed from heaven against all the ungodliness and wickedness of those who in their wickedness suppress the truth.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God himself has made it plain to them.
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes-his eternal power and divine nature-have been understood and observed by what he made, so that people are without excuse.
Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him. Instead, their thoughts turned to worthless things, and their ignorant hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that looked like mortal human beings, birds, four-footed animals, and reptiles.
Rom 1:24 For this reason, God gave them over to impurity to follow the lusts of their hearts and to dishonor their bodies with one another.
Rom 1:25 They exchanged God's truth for a lie and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this reason, God gave them over to degrading passions. Even their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural.
Rom 1:27 In the same way, their males also abandoned the natural sexual function of females and burned with lust for one another. Males committed indecent acts with males, and received in themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion.
Rom 1:28 Furthermore, because they did not think it worthwhile to retain the full knowledge of God, God gave them over to degraded minds to perform acts that should not be done.
Rom 1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips,
Rom 1:30 slanderers, God-haters, haughty, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to their parents,
Rom 1:32 Although they know God's just requirement-that those who practice such things deserve to die-they not only do these things but even applaud others who practice them.
I respect your position on this, but what does any of this have to do with the US Constitution?
This passage is covering a wide variety of sins. It's not singling out any particular one. But if you must cite the Bible, how about citing passages about God loving everyone equally, & loving us unconditionally no matter what we do.

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

That's a basic teabagger argument. Those Americns who are not ready for same sex marriage I agree should not marry someone of the same sex. Lets make a law that says you and your preferred partner are unacceptable and have no right to marry. how's that? You alos failed Civics class I bet.
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think ALL issues that concern the country should be determined by the public. Afterall, we are the ones for whom the government is supposed to work.
If things don't work in YOUR particular favor, then you work to change public opinion. We should not have our lives dictated to by judges. To do so is opening ourselves up to being ruled by dictators.
I have no beef with homosexuals. Don't care what they do. But if the majority of America isn't ready for gay marriage and they have made their voices heard in a vote then I think it's wrong for ONE judge to have the power to spit in the face of the voting majority in order to kiss the butts of a few who demand to have THEIR way right now.

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

See Sheep! No thougts of their own. And who wants these sheep overturning our constitution? Only the shepherds of these sheep. the sheep really don't care only being told they do. Now that that cloth/pillow case off of your head so you can see.
Man of the Cloth wrote:

“Jesus Is Lord”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Vicki wrote:
<quoted text> I respect your position on this, but what does any of this have to do with the US Constitution?
This passage is covering a wide variety of sins. It's not singling out any particular one. But if you must cite the Bible, how about citing passages about God loving everyone equally, & loving us unconditionally no matter what we do.
because it doesnt say that, I would if that was what he said but he didnt, so i must present the truth.
jesus said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

“Jesus Is Lord”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Vicki wrote:
<quoted text> I respect your position on this, but what does any of this have to do with the US Constitution?
it singles out sin and shows how far homsexuals and their advocates will go to justify their own ill feelings.

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

I thought men of the cloth were to speak out and be brave for the sake of God? You are a coward with an anonymous profile. No man of cloth only a right winger with no life.
Man of the Cloth wrote:
<quoted text>
it singles out sin and shows how far homsexuals and their advocates will go to justify their own ill feelings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Rock Island County was issued at July 13 at 11:07AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Moline Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Moline Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000