United and Continental ended their ru...

United and Continental ended their run as independent airlines with 3Q profits

There are 7 comments on the WQAD story from Oct 21, 2010, titled United and Continental ended their run as independent airlines with 3Q profits. In it, WQAD reports that:

United and Continental airlines both posted third-quarter profits during their last quarter as independent companies, reversing their losses from a year earlier as they benefited from rising traveler demand and higher fares.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Jeff Painter

Orlando, FL

#1 Oct 21, 2010
Everyone feels sold out CAL.

Many shareholders
don't think the deal is good for them long term. And as described earlier, I'm concerned that customer service is going down to United levels rather than United going up. So customers are being sold out as well.

Who makes out in all this... SLIMSEK. SCUMBAG

I understand and sympathize with the gate agents and others involved in recent fiascos. They may be facing some large layoffs and its been rough the last few years. If you don't have 12 yrs in, you could be laid off. Give it a year or two. disaster

All big company execs at NWA CAL DELTA UNITED are crooks, face it.
EricA

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2 Oct 21, 2010
Old news, United Continental announced results already at 7:00am CT.
JetBlast

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 21, 2010
They both just announced a bunch of new domestic routes as well...out of IAD, CLE, EWR, IAH and DEN.
In the real world

Nerviano, Italy

#4 Oct 21, 2010
No excuse now not to invest in your people on the front line you avarice ridden execs!
OldCapt

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 21, 2010
Yes all executives are crooks, so why do so many of my pilot cohorts support tax breaks for these people. I would bet that with their clever accountants and tax shelters they pay a lower tax rate than most of the people who work for them.

Warren Buffet offered his fellow CEO's a million bucks if they could show that they paid a higher percentage of their pay in taxes than their secretaries... NO TAKERS.
UAL

Orlando, FL

#6 Oct 22, 2010
SCABS WILL PAY AROUND ME
In the real world

Newark, NJ

#7 Oct 22, 2010
It is my understanding that there are more ual scabs than cal scabs...so what's the matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rash of teen suicides in Princeton, Illinois (Apr '10) Jun 24 bcmom 187
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Jun 23 Anonymous 6
Wanna meet up Jun 13 Jude9669 1
Donnie burgess jr Jun 11 hate his guts 1
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May '15 MerrySM 86
Local Politics Do you approve of Colleen Gillaspie as County A... May '15 Monte 1
pain May '15 newbie 1
More from around the web

Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Moline Mortgages