Frozen social security benefits "icin...

Frozen social security benefits "icing" Quad City seniors

There are 4 comments on the WHOtv story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Frozen social security benefits "icing" Quad City seniors. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Quad Cities seniors enjoying a game of shuffleboard at CASI Monday, said they share the same view when it comes to Washington cutting social security benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

GAIL CUMMINGS

Haughton, LA

#1 Oct 11, 2010
IF YOUR NOT GOING TO GIVE US A RAISE THEN THEIR HAS TO BE A WAY OR A PROGRAM TO HELP SINGLE WOMEN TRYING TO LIVE ON 700.OO A MONTH. ITS IMPOSSIBLE. BANKRUPCY DIDN;T EVEN HELP ME. I HAVE NO FAMILY AND I AM ON 68 YRS OLD BUT EVERYWHERE I GO THEY SAY I CANT' GIVE THEM ENOUGHT YRS FOR THEM TO HIRE ME. NOW WHAT!! I AM ATTRACTIVE AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF MYSELF. I OWNED A BUSINESS WITH MY EX FOR 27 YRS AND MY LAWYER SOLD ME OUT AND LEFT ME WITH NOTHING AS I HAD A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. NOW HE PAYS ME NOTHING AFTER RAISING HIS CHILDREN AND MINE. ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED OR WHAT DIRECTION TO GO FOR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE. THANKS GAIL CUMMINGS HAUGHTON, LA. 71037
mike smith

Portland, OR

#2 Oct 12, 2010
pissing away a billion a day on a war is no problem though. fire every last one of them. one term and out! ask your congresscritter how much of a raise they voted for themselves. pigs in the pocket of corporations.
US VETERAN

Grand Island, NE

#3 Oct 12, 2010
When are you people going to realise that the
"New World Order" has taken over and we are nothing.
crissy

Frankford, DE

#4 Oct 12, 2010
i beleive that we all have to tighten our belts, and adjust
to our struggling economy. i haven't had a raise in years.
i have two more years to work, and i hope that i can enjoy
social security, like our retirees have been for years. it
upsets me to listen our seniors complain about that they might
not get an increase. i wish we all could a raise. i think
people forget when all this started, economics crisis started
when we went to war!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone Know Randy G Lawson??? Apr 7 Brittany 1
News Jone Knapton Homicide Task Force (Mar '06) Mar '17 Mommabear2016 78
My sister was raped by a dekalb cop Mar '17 David Unit 3
Moline High School Baseball Mar '17 Not an alternativ... 1
Missing Person? Korina Blasdell Feb '17 ellameno 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Feb '17 Musikologist 24
News Chicago-area woman arrested, charged after poop... (Sep '10) Feb '17 Its a job 6

Moline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moline Mortgages