Voter turnout efforts split Iowa secretary of state candidates Maur...

Full story: WQAD
The candidates for Iowa secretary of state disagree about efforts to increase voter turnout. Full Story
Nick

Des Moines, IA

#1 Oct 7, 2010
It should also be noted that Mauro was instrumental in bringing uniform voting machines with a certified paper trail to each Iowa's 99 counties so that every vote can be traced back to the voter. He has also made Iowa the #1 state for voting access for our military men and women. Mauro values elections that are both secure and accessible to all eligible voters regardless of party, income, nationality, disability, etc. Despite being a democrat, Mauro has received endorsements from 12 republican county election officials/auditors around the state, including the republican auditor from Schult's home county. That's unheard of for local officials to cross party lines like this. Of all the statewide incumbents, Mauro deserves to be re-elected the most.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Common Sense 4,037
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr FriendofKanka 49,941
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Sep 20 fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sep 20 Blwlgo 1,930
One dead after standoff at Elk Grove Village ap... (Apr '12) Sep 17 Eric Kampmeier 9
Review: Dekamore Dental - Kory Waid DDS (Sep '11) Sep 15 Karebear 8
Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings Re... (Jun '13) Sep 14 joanNYadoptees 2
•••
•••
•••

Moline Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Moline News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moline