Medical marijuana's impact concerns Illinois officials

There are 5 comments on the WQAD story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Medical marijuana's impact concerns Illinois officials. In it, WQAD reports that:

Medical marijuana is a hot topic in Illinois. That's where it could become the latest state to legalize the drug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Brian

Boulder, CO

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Personally I feel that marijuana will be legalized at some point in the US, probable within the next 20 years. I just dont understand how alcohol can be legal while marijuana is not.
Jen

Westchester, IL

#2 Oct 2, 2010
This article is extremely one sided. Where are the interviews from the dispensaries in California or colorado or a police report showing it is inviting crime. Where is the interview/statement from doctors or patients who say it helps them function.

Seriously learn how to be a reporter and get both sides of the story before writing this piece of crap article.
LKK

Smithton, IL

#3 Oct 5, 2010
lol realy the crime rate would be reduced quite a bit pot being able to be obtained legaly. Less money for the husslers it would drive them outta the state because their not gettin the money. Plus honestly whats the harm yes some people dont need it but when it comes down to the risk its almost impossible to over dose on pot. Yet again alcihol kill thousands of people a year but its still legal. I say let the people choise not some polititions that are afraid of what people think about it..........BIGGER POINT ITS ILEGAL BUT CAN BE BOUGHT O ABOUT EVERY 2 TA 3 MILES THREW OUT THE WHOLE STATE SO JUST LIKE PROABITION I FEEL IT WILL BE THROWN OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Karl

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2010
This reporter is extremely biased. I have suffered from rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis for 10 years now and I am almost always in pain. Marijuana is one of the only things that has ever helped to completely ease my pain. I am tired of haveing to break the law in order to find relief. I am currently on various painkillers, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflamitories. I would gladly welcome a far less addictive, less dangerous alternative, rather than the highly addictive narcotics I am perscribed now. (you can quote me on this
Debbie

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2010
I am a TBI survivor of 21 years. I have had totally uncontrolled seizures for 19 years. I have been evaluated for brain seizure surgery twice and the Vagal Nerve Stimulator twice. This year I detoxed myself off of 4 seizure meds. My seizures were never controlled but I still had to take mega doses of seizure meds to reduce the number. I have had my large intestine (colon) surgically removed due to a complete loss of the organ due to prescription meds. I started using medicinal pot in March of 2010. I have not had a generalized seizure in six months. I will get my drivers license back legally this month after 19 years. If this state does not make medicinal cannibus available I will move. I am a former Florida DOC felony probation and parole officer. I don't want to see any drug being abused. However, I never abused drugs yet I cannot get the medication I need without either breaking the law or moving. I was a pedestrian run over by a sixteen year old, in a pick up truck. For the first time since age 35 I have hope, I don't live with chronic post traumatic headaches, and I don't have to wear a seizure helmet every waking moment anymore. I don't have to wear a helmet at all anymore. I was a law enforcement officer until my accident 21 years ago.

People keep reading! There are those of us that are functional again, not just without pain. We can interact with our families, and feel spontaneous joy and laughter again. We had hope and now we are living proof that things did get better for us after a lot of research, prayers, and a natural plant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr 21 Musikologist 20
big titty librarian Apr 17 horny dude 1
News Jobless Rates Fall in Most Illinois Metro Areas (Apr '14) Apr 14 KankaFred 3
News New 8 On Your Side tool is online fix for your ... (Jun '10) Apr 6 lacey_2015 10
News Man convicted of stalking Kingston woman (Sep '14) Mar '15 c cox 2
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Mar '15 David Winfrey 5
News First black hospital in Chicago is focus of Bla... (Jan '10) Mar '15 1111111111111111utj 224
More from around the web

Moline People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]