Survivors of Big Island attack chewed...

Survivors of Big Island attack chewed through their restraints

There are 15 comments on the WQAD story from Mar 16, 2010, titled Survivors of Big Island attack chewed through their restraints. In it, WQAD reports that:

Two women who escaped from a remote cabin on Big Island after a brutal sexual assault managed to flee by chewing their way out of their restraints and make a run for it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

milan

Theodore, AL

#1 Mar 16, 2010
how sad
Terisa

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 16, 2010
This is so sad. Why is there not a picture of the assailant? In California they post the picture so others can identify the suspect and can make claims against him. Who know who can come across this and say he did the same thing? Note the Chelsea King case.
TheLight

Geneseo, IL

#3 Mar 17, 2010
He's a serial killer.
I have to wonder how many times before he has done this and buried his victims? At age 29, it could explain some of the missing people (Trudy Appleby?) in the area?
My heart goes out to the two girls, very brave indeed!
I hope they burn this creep of a coward before he hurts others.
A Woodhull Woman

Alpha, IL

#4 Mar 17, 2010
That's really scary! The Sunday prior to all this happening, Jason Kugler came into the store where I work and started talking to me. He bought a couple of things. I had a few customers come in (two of them happened to be my family members) and he said that was going to walk around the store and look around. He came back up to the counter where I was and started talking to me again. Before he left he asked me if he could have my phone number because he wanted to take me out for a drink sometime. I told him that I was married and that I was pregnat. He then told me that he would come back and see me. I didn't think anything of it until I saw the news a couple of days later. Thank god my family was still in the store. He was wearing a big down coat, so who knows if he had a gun on him them. When I saw the news, I started shaking really bad and thanking god because that could have been me. I'm just glad that those girls are okay and not seriously injured, like have a gunshot wound. I know they are probably very tramatized and my heart goes out to them and my prayers. Just thank God that you're alive to put him behind bars for a long time.
milan

Burlington, IA

#5 Mar 17, 2010
I have know jason for awhile now and i can honestly say i could never see him doing this. They tell u all about this incident but not about how he was a single parent taking care of his kids after his wife thru them out of a car in their carseats or about how he does not have a violent history before this. how does one go from having nothing on his record to violent crimes like this. it is so easy to judge when you only get the bad facts about the person and not the good facts isn't it.
TheLight

Geneseo, IL

#6 Mar 17, 2010
milan wrote:
I have know jason for awhile now and i can honestly say i could never see him doing this.
By "Honestly" you mean the rest of the time you are lying? You can't see cock-a-roaches most of the time..like you...roaches hide in darkness.

milan wrote:
how does one go from having nothing on his record to violent crimes like this.
He didn't get CAUGHT until now?
And you will burn in ell for defending him?
milan wrote:
it is so easy to judge when you only get the bad facts about the person and not the good facts isn't it.
I can appreciate your user name.
You've maybe had some good late night torture parties at that abandoned cultist's cabin on Big Island with Jason and helpless victims?
Two bad those two young Ladies are coming after all you cultist's now, huh?
Can you say 'JUDGED' guilty burn?

I hope they track and arrest everyone criminally involved in this.
milan

Burlington, IA

#7 Mar 18, 2010
To The Light...first off I am an HONEST person all the time. That is why I said i HONESTLY can't see him doing it. Second off, You are judging not only him but myself..i will burn in hell for defending him...WOW....you don't know the first thing about me. You seem to know the bible well...haven't you ever heard..do not judge others? You are not the judge god is the only judge...if these were not his first victims don't you think the other girls would have came forward once these girls did? And no other girls have came forward....these were not two helpless girls...they CHOSE to to get into a STRANGER'S car WILLINGLY..and you don't judge them? Any person over the age of FOUR knows not to take ride from STRANGERS!!!!!
A Woodhull Woman

Alpha, IL

#8 Mar 18, 2010
milan wrote:
I have know jason for awhile now and i can honestly say i could never see him doing this. They tell u all about this incident but not about how he was a single parent taking care of his kids after his wife thru them out of a car in their carseats or about how he does not have a violent history before this. how does one go from having nothing on his record to violent crimes like this. it is so easy to judge when you only get the bad facts about the person and not the good facts isn't it.
You say that you know him and that you could not see him ever doing this, maybe so. But he did tell me about everything going on in his life about his wife and kids,etc. Maybe something sent him over the edge and maybe he was sending a message to his exwife through these girls. He could be a good guy that just got fed up with how everything was going and just snapped. It happens to a lot of people. Not everybody has a "history" to go out and do something stupid that they later regret. I'm not judging you for how you feel and I'm just letting you know that sometimes people don't think about what they are doing, they just do it and sometimes there are consenquences. If he did do it, he needs to be a man and face it and know that he was wrong. Not only did he hurt himself, he hurt his kids and family too.
disgusted

Waseca, MN

#9 Mar 21, 2010
My experience of personally knowing this man was a living hell and drove me to a nervous breakdown. This man is abusive in every manner possible and deserves whatever he gets. I experienced similar abuse and I hate him for it. Thank god theese women had the courage to stand up to this man. I was truly afraid of this man and did not have that courage. I hope that justice is served and in time the woman may heal from this disgust. It takes time ladies to heal but don't you give up because he won't win and I am behind getting theese girls the counseling they need to heal. Theese women need to be given counseling he's a disgusting man I know from more experience than I care to remeber. Finally justice will be served. God bless you women. I will pray that you may heal for what he has done.
not surprised

Waseca, MN

#10 Mar 21, 2010
I guess you haven't known enough about this monster. He has been accused of this kind of behavior before.He got away with it because a close family member of his in Woodhull lied for him and got him off. He abused lots of people in the last few years. He stole money from me and a few others I know. Milan wake up you are so wrong about this useless man. He should be locked up for the rest of his life so he can't ruin the lives of his 5 kids. Well, 5 I know of there are probably more. He dosen't properly support any of them and never has. Those girls should not have got in the car with him, but that in no way gave him the right to torture them and abuse them. There is no excuse for that from any human being.
to you the milan person

Waseca, MN

#11 Mar 21, 2010
milan wrote:
I have know jason for awhile now and i can honestly say i could never see him doing this. They tell u all about this incident but not about how he was a single parent taking care of his kids after his wife thru them out of a car in their carseats or about how he does not have a violent history before this. how does one go from having nothing on his record to violent crimes like this. it is so easy to judge when you only get the bad facts about the person and not the good facts isn't it.
Give up he's a had lad, he's an abusive peice of garbage and deserves the sentencing he get's as for the kids they will know the horror story and don't you forget it. Nothing on his record eeh thank god to the girls to scared to stand up to this man and dropped the issue 5 years prior. It wasn't the first time but thank god it's the last. He has all kinds of violence history he got away with , he walks in peoples lifes only to take them for granted use them for what he want's and leave with everything he was never man enough to provide. Horry the assailant finally gets what he had coming and as for the rest their probably in 7th heaven about time they didn't have to support the no good looser.
not surprised

Waseca, MN

#12 Mar 21, 2010
A Woodhull Woman wrote:
That's really scary! The Sunday prior to all this happening, Jason Kugler came into the store where I work and started talking to me. He bought a couple of things. I had a few customers come in (two of them happened to be my family members) and he said that was going to walk around the store and look around. He came back up to the counter where I was and started talking to me again. Before he left he asked me if he could have my phone number because he wanted to take me out for a drink sometime. I told him that I was married and that I was pregnat. He then told me that he would come back and see me. I didn't think anything of it until I saw the news a couple of days later. Thank god my family was still in the store. He was wearing a big down coat, so who knows if he had a gun on him them. When I saw the news, I started shaking really bad and thanking god because that could have been me. I'm just glad that those girls are okay and not seriously injured, like have a gunshot wound. I know they are probably very tramatized and my heart goes out to them and my prayers. Just thank God that you're alive to put him behind bars for a long time.
He probably was casing the place to rob it. He lost his kids food stamps because they didn't live with him which was his only income. And I am so glad your relatives stayed there in the store because he probably did have a gun. When a person is too lazy or ignorant to work and earn a living for themselves desperation leads to all kinds of stuff, and he had already raped so had nothing to loose. He has raped before just not caught. He has forged checks, just small enough that he was not prosecuted. He damaged an appartment to the tune of 2,500 dollars stole money from everyone he got a chance to. Used family members till they got fed up with him. He was shacking with whoever would put him up for a night or two until he went back to his MOM's place where he was caught. Can't call him a Man, real men work and take care of their families. They do not steal, use and abuse others to get by. And they surely can't think of themselves as men when they sexually abuse women. I grateful that the three young girls and their mother that were around him for a time were not harmed. I am so glad you were not hurt. I hope your boss has security camera's and whatever security they can provide for you at work.
Ive known him since birth

Bettendorf, IA

#13 Mar 22, 2010
He is not a monster at all. Only GOD knows the truth and the truth will come out soon enough. Yes he has done some wrong things in his life, but NEVER something like this. No he didn't get away with it before, he never done it, thats why he was not prosecuted. Yes I feel for those girls, but in my oppinion, its a case of mistaken identity. And he does try to take care of his kids the best he can.
Vince Werber

Rockland, ME

#14 Jul 17, 2010
Any person over the age of FOUR knows not to take ride from STRANGERS!!!!!

That arguement might work for persons that were born in this Country but not for women that don't know or understand about the perverts that roam our streets in this Country... many because of 'progressive' sickos,lawyers and judges...

If you have children,,, perhaps girls... everyone makes mistakes but those that have never been told of the dangers... well you figure it out if you can
Ive known him since HS

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 19, 2011
You should not "send people to Hell" because they were friends with someone who did not show their true nature to them. I was in the same group of friends with Jay in high school. He didn't seem to be like that at all. He did try to hit on me while he was dating a close friend. Because of this none of my friends would hang out with him anymore. Then, we started to see a very small part of his darker side. We thought it was just cause he was upset about losing all his friends and his girlfriend all at once.
I didn't see him until years later. By then he had a wife and a couple of children. He introduced me to them and I liked them instantly. His wife is a VERY nice lady and should not be talked about in such a manner because he didn't show that side of himself to her either. She was in fact looking for him at the time of the incedent so that she could deliver divorce papers. She is a good mom who now has to take care of those children BY HERSELF! She should not be the one under your scrutiny.
Next, while the two women should not have gotten into the van withJay, they did not grow up in the US. They grew up believing that people in the US are nice and want to help people out. They didn't know that one of the first things we Americans are taught is to not get into the car with strangers. However, if they had said no does it really follow that nothing would have happened to them? He had a gun people! He could've forced them into the van in the first place. Blaming the victims in this crime is like trying to say that all women who are raped brought it on themselves because they were dressed the wrong way or were walking in the wrong place. Shame on you if you blame those poor girls!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NC man jailed for 3 days as probation violator ... (Feb '10) Sep 13 Uncle SamLee 2
How do you go about finding a girl for a threes... Sep 10 Couplewantingagirl 1
i see that your are also married Sep 2 Anonymous 1
News Mercer School Board approves prayer before meet... (Feb '10) Aug '17 Todayishutup 83
News Man charged with aggravated sexual assault held... Aug '17 Sad 4
News Three suspects arrested in connection with Syca... Aug '17 Mike B 2
News Repeat DUI offender Bruce Fish paroled (Mar '10) Jul '17 Just joking 53

Moline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moline Mortgages