Takedowns may not help you to hide fr...

Takedowns may not help you to hide from the truth.

Posted in the Mokena Forum

John Sanchez

Lombard, IL

#1 Jan 24, 2013
On an earlier thread started by right wingers hoping to be able to moan about Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the matter of the Benghazi mission killings, without interference from the truth, points were made about Secretary Clinton's "What difference does it make" response to Senator Johnson of Wisconsin that took the comment completely out of context.

My response to one of those benighted efforts at fascist propaganda interpreted the comment properly for those whose command of facts left something to be desired. I also took the time to point out how Republicans weren't nearly so exercised about the more than 4,000 Americans killed by the Bush administration's elective war in Iraq, how they shed crocodile tears on their way to politicizing the more than 3,000 Americans killed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, and pointedly, the more than thirty State Department foreign service personnel that lost their lives in the line of duty during the Bush administrations.

As they so often do when confronted with statistics that they cannot refute, they simply took the thread down. They actually took it down while I was responding to a reply to the comment that I posted, but I determined that I would, nevertheless, have my say. Such say follows.

A reply to my comment was posted by "Jerky Boy" who said, "Most Democrats also believed that Iraq had such weapons....Let's not forget that. Let's also not forget that Saddam Hussien killed thousands of Kurds with chemical weapons. So, why wouldn't the US believe he had WMD? Was that so far fetched?"

My response is:

Farfetched? No. After the 2002/2003 UN weapons inspections under UN Resolution 1441 and led by Hans Blix, it was absolutely fanciful to believe that there were such weapons, as has been bourne out by experience since then. Moreover, Bush himself suspected as much since he personally cut the inspections short by telling them to clear out because he was sending in the troops. He used 1441 as a pretext, but he had no UN sanction to invade.

Bush later mourned that the greatest shortcoming of his presidency was the intelligence failure leading up to the Iraq War. Let's face it though, it wasn't an intelligence failure, it was a successful effort by Dick Cheney to rig the intelligence.

So, now that we have this thread back in business, you righties can flail away. I promise that I won't run and hide.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#2 Jan 25, 2013
You have way too much time on your hands Sanchez. Go do some volunteer work somewhere. They might even listen to you if you are doing free work somewhere.
John Sanchez

Lisle, IL

#3 Jan 25, 2013
smarter than you all are wrote:
You have way too much time on your hands Sanchez. Go do some volunteer work somewhere. They might even listen to you if you are doing free work somewhere.
It seems that you have way too much opinion without even a casual relationship to facts, and I welcome you to seize the opportunity to butt out of my business and devote some attention to what it is that you think you are doing.

You seem to have volunteered to sound off about support for the village incumbents but have stuffed your head into such a place that even you can't discern a reason to vote for them. I suppose I could be wrong, maybe after repeated requests for your reasoning, you've simply decided to keep it a secret, jealously protecting your privacy while presuming to poke your nose into other people's business.

So what of it, busy body? Do you have something to offer to political discourse?
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I will support ANYBODY that Labriola does not support.
John Sanchez

Lisle, IL

#5 Jan 25, 2013
I will support ANYBODY that Labriola does not support.
Labriola isn't running, and we may suppose that you harbor some grudge against him. Perhaps it is a grudge for which you are willing to sacrifice the welfare of the community.

In any event, for someone who considers themselves, to be so smart it is emblematic of the shallowest sort of thinking.

This community desperately needs commercial development to support not only the services provided by the village government, but to support high quality schools, attractive parks and the other sorts of amenities that support real estate values and the investment that the people of Mokena have made in this community.

The community is hemmed in on all sides, and cannot add enough to its tax base with more residential development. To place the burden of community services exclusively on the shoulders of residential taxpayers will cause an upward spiral in property taxes that will ultimately lead to declining property values and a failed community. We are in a situation where too many residents of Mokena go elsewhere to shop, and too often, they really don't have much choice in the matter, since there is not a wide enough array of options within the village boundaries. We need to offer them those options here in the village in such a manner that it attracts people from outside the community as well.

The people whom you support in order to nurse a personal grudge have accomplished very little, given what they have to work with. They have barely managed maintenance of the status quo, with no vision, no imagination to provide for improvements that work. There is no excuse for that performance, and it is reason enough to dismiss them from office.

If you can find some reason to disagree, other than whining about your little vendetta against Don Labriola, please respond.
John Sanchez

Lisle, IL

#6 Jan 25, 2013
Much has been said of how recent commercial development has taken place in surrounding communities far more than in Mokena. What must also be noted is that those surrounding communities are prospering on the tax receipts engendered by the purchases made by residents of Mokena.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#7 Jan 26, 2013
I don't know Labriola except watchng him at the meetings. He is rude, negative, and has no vision. He conducts himself very poorly at village functions. He doesn't even go to village functions anymore, because people got sick of seeing him there and he finally caught on.
Priorities

Mokena, IL

#9 Jan 26, 2013
Funny thing about our current board , over the last couple years I've heard one of them or another numerous times make negative comments about the Condition of our State and about the representatives who run it and how they keep getting elected ! WORD
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Lenny I agree the debates will be interesting.
neighbor

Griffith, IN

#11 Jan 26, 2013
I don't know Labriola except watchng him at the meetings. He is rude, negative, and has no vision. He conducts himself very poorly at village functions. He doesn't even go to village functions anymore, because people got sick of seeing him there and he finally caught on.
yeah, you're right.
neighbor

Griffith, IN

#12 Jan 26, 2013
Lenny I agree the debates will be interesting.
yeah, you're right.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#13 Jan 26, 2013
amen
Mokena Parent

Frankfort, IL

#14 Feb 21, 2013
I see Don Labriola's articles in the Mokena Messenger and its suppose to be all about how he loves Mokena, yet if you read them, they are only about any one, any place, any thing ITALIAN!!! How prejudice is he??? His articles are so biased! He is also using his column as an endorsement for the those running AGAINST the incumbants. We know that Don is backing Marybeth, Vince, and Tony but come on, really? If you love Mokena so much, then maybe you need to concentrate on more then just them and just the Italian people. Mokena has a lot of wonderful people that are not Italian!!!!
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#15 Feb 21, 2013
Mokena Parent wrote:
I see Don Labriola's articles in the Mokena Messenger and its suppose to be all about how he loves Mokena, yet if you read them, they are only about any one, any place, any thing ITALIAN!!! How prejudice is he??? His articles are so biased! He is also using his column as an endorsement for the those running AGAINST the incumbants. We know that Don is backing Marybeth, Vince, and Tony but come on, really? If you love Mokena so much, then maybe you need to concentrate on more then just them and just the Italian people. Mokena has a lot of wonderful people that are not Italian!!!!
Labriola is so bad for Mokena.
neighbor

Chicago Heights, IL

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
<quoted text>Labriola is so bad for Mokena.
blowing out the other fellow's candle won't make yours shine any brighter.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#17 Mar 2, 2013
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>blowing out the other fellow's candle won't make yours shine any brighter.
Oh yes it will.
neighbor

Chicago Heights, IL

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes it will.
sure it will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr Sulu vs Roy Moore 3 hr Raging Queen 82
Music awards show-fat women 3 hr 3 wheeler 8
Sharkys Gone 3 hr Geezer 1
still? 11 hr MPMMB 51
Roy Moore:twilight zone pig face 13 hr GoofyGrape 1
Immediate Confiscation 17 hr Dennyk 98
You can not out-run your sins! Sun LMAO 17

Mokena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance