Motorcycle run honors wounded warriors

Motorcycle run honors wounded warriors

There are 6 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Aug 26, 2012, titled Motorcycle run honors wounded warriors. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

Sunday's rain may have dampened the numbers of motorcycle riders but not their enthusiasm as they gathered for the 4th Annual Wounded Warrior Motorcycle Run at the Local 597 Pipefitters Training Center on 187th Street in Mokena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#1 Aug 27, 2012
To those who rode in the rain for our wounded warriors and those who worked hard to make the event happen.......nice job!

To those who serve.....thank you.
Neighbor

Naperville, IL

#2 Aug 27, 2012
I wonder if AAS was there with his flag?
secret ID

New Lenox, IL

#3 Aug 27, 2012
Appalled wrote:
To those who rode in the rain for our wounded warriors and those who worked hard to make the event happen.......nice job!

did you attend, appalled? We weren't able to go this year. I was amazed at what they were able to accomplish again!!! We are holding a benefit in a couple weeks, if any of you would be interested in coming. I'm hoping the Patch will post our flier. Herald news is supposed to be there to cover the party again :-)
secret ID

New Lenox, IL

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Appalled wrote:

here is a link explaining some of 'why we do, what we do'. http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/13621860-...
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#5 Aug 27, 2012
secret ID wrote:
<quoted text>
did you attend, appalled? We weren't able to go this year. I was amazed at what they were able to accomplish again!!! We are holding a benefit in a couple weeks, if any of you would be interested in coming. I'm hoping the Patch will post our flier. Herald news is supposed to be there to cover the party again :-)
My husband went. He said it was really impressive in spite of the rain.

Post the info for your benefit, especially if it is for the Joliet Area Community Hospice. They were there for me once.
secret ID

New Lenox, IL

#6 Aug 27, 2012
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>My husband went. He said it was really impressive in spite of the rain.

Post the info for your benefit, especially if it is for the Joliet Area Community Hospice. They were there for me once.
they are truly a wonderful organization. I have met many of the staff and can see why.
If you can go on Facebook to DH choppers for hospice, there is a flier and other information. If you aren't on Facebook, the benefit is september 8th at Ingalls park AC 3-11pm.$20 for beer, 4 bands, a bike show (free entry with your initial 'entry fee'. We will have a nice amount of vendors, raffles, food etc. It's always a lot of fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 45 min sorry kids 165
Mokena Patch needs critical thinking 3 hr report the bad as... 1
Parking at Therafin Lot/Mokena Village property. 14 hr dennis 28
George Mentanias is Joe Peschi 16 hr Family Guy 8
Mazzaronna and Swinski rules of Mokena Mon MokenaStElder 4
Siwinski a crook Jul 26 Knows the facts 6
Is it time for Joe Siwinski to be off the Moken... Jul 25 Knows the facts 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mokena Mortgages