Meijer to Build in Mokena in 2013

Meijer to Build in Mokena in 2013

There are 40 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Meijer to Build in Mokena in 2013. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Meijer is coming to Mokena. The supermarket chain, which has owned a lot on the southwest corner of Lincoln Highway and Wolf Road for years, will begin building a store in 2013, with plans to open in 2014, said Alan Zordan, who is the director of economic and community development for the village.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Way to go Incumbants

Chicago Heights, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2013
The Meijer announcement is great!! Way to go to the current Mayor and Board, as well as Village Staff for working hard on this project.
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#2 Feb 11, 2013
One wonders if this deal is going to cost the Village anything, or if it just happened. Is it a bad deal for the Village? Or would it have happened with a collection of hitching posts occupying the Village boardroom?

What exactly did the incumbents contribute to this "coup" other than being there when it happened? And if the credit is to accrue to them, why didn't they do it earlier?
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Oh, just shut up, yee who will never be happy! No wonder you lost the Will County Board election.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#4 Feb 12, 2013
OMG you will never be happy! No wonder you lost the Will County Board election.
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
Oh, just shut up, yee who will never be happy! No wonder you lost the Will County Board election.
Yes, of course. I don't suppose that the loss had anything to do with underhanded Republican challenges to my candidacy that were repudiated by the appellate court and the State Supreme Court, but were successful in hampering the ability to mount a timely campaign in a traditionally Republican area (although, the area is changing). In fact, I didn't notice your complaining about that in the way that you were puling about challenges to your team's petitions and improprieties.

Seeing your powers of analysis, and the way that you skillfully use arguments akin to Pee Wee Herman's, "I know you are but what am I?", I would never tell you to shut up. In fact, I encourage you to keep talking and writing. I can't imagine a better way for your team to be undone than for you to advocate for them.

Oh, by the way, do you have any answers to the questions that I posed earlier other than to say, "shut up"?
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#6 Feb 12, 2013
You make no sense. What does puling mean?
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
OMG you will never be happy! No wonder you lost the Will County Board election.
Come to think of it, that County Board loss should probably leave me feeling somewhat inadequate, in view of the fact that Democrats in other districts won control of the County Board for the first time in decades.

So do you feel vindicated by my loss? Or, with what is perhaps more justified, are you feeling like the last of the Mohicans?
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
You make no sense. What does puling mean?
To pule is "to cry in a thin voice", according to the Random House Dictionary. I recommend that you pick up a copy.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#9 Feb 12, 2013
You are weirder than weird and will never win any election and I hope the FANS you are supporting don't win either! Credibility issues up the ying yang! Is ying yang in the Random House Dictionary?And to answer your earlier question: The incumbants can't force Meijer to build any earlier than they felt comfortable with. So they stayed in contact with them to make sure they knew the village would cooperate with their timeframe and that Mokena wanted them to build here. So now you can pule again.
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
You are weirder than weird and will never win any election and I hope the FANS you are supporting don't win either! Credibility issues up the ying yang! Is ying yang in the Random House Dictionary?And to answer your earlier question: The incumbants can't force Meijer to build any earlier than they felt comfortable with. So they stayed in contact with them to make sure they knew the village would cooperate with their timeframe and that Mokena wanted them to build here. So now you can pule again.
There, now doesn't it feel good to have your vocabulary expanded by one word?

Could you be more specific about those "credibility issues", or were they simply extracted from your ying yang?
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#11 Feb 12, 2013
I checked Random House for "ying yang" and the closest thing they had was "yin and yang", which they defined as, "(in Chinese philosophy) two principles, one negative and feminine (yin), and one positive and masculine (yang), whose interaction influences the destinies of creatures and things." Is that what you had in mind?
mokena phil

Mokena, IL

#12 Feb 12, 2013
I duodt that Meijer will build in Mokena it does not take over a year to build, Marianos in Frankfort built in 6 months, will Meijers build in an area with the following stores,Jewel,Dominicks,Berkots ,Brookhaven,the Super Wal-Mart,Marianos all within a 3 mile radious
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
No. That's not what I had in mind. Credibility issues: Fleischer and all of them OK'd the objections to be filed and cost the village $12,000, Cost the incumbants money, and cost themselves money if they don't win and have to pay their law firm. Tony was on the school board for 159 and helped run it into the ground. Windburg resigned her position with the park board to take a paying position. Vince opposed sales tax that fiscally saved this village when he ran for office in the past. Don't care about the clerk issues.Now bring up all the credibility issues that HAVE HURT MOKENA by the incumbants. They have done nothing to hurt Mokena. Not saying they are perfect, just saying they have done nothing to hurt Mokena. Might as well mention that the FANS campaign manager got caught living here and was still on the board for Thornton Township. So have at it. I am ready for your argument. Tell me why the FANS candidates and their inner circle of supporters should really be trusted.
This is the second time that you have posted that the incumbents are paying for the defense of their political activities with $12,000 of taxpayers' money. Is that a fact? If so, shouldn't it be referred to the State Board of Elections?
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#15 Feb 12, 2013
The village did not pay for the incumbants defense, Doug Heathcock. The $12,000 was paid to Attorney Richard Kavanaugh to represent the Village of Mokena because their deputy village clerk, a village employee was named in the suit. Shame on Fleischer for being behind the VERY WEAK objection filing. So again Sanchez, don't start rumors that the incumbants used taxpayer money, because I clearly stated the village of Mokena had to pay their represetation. You start rumors, and I am sure the incumbants will sue your butt. Again, just watch the tape of last nights meeting and read these posts better. Are you dislexic?
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
The village did not pay for the incumbants defense, Doug Heathcock. The $12,000 was paid to Attorney Richard Kavanaugh to represent the Village of Mokena because their deputy village clerk, a village employee was named in the suit. Shame on Fleischer for being behind the VERY WEAK objection filing. So again Sanchez, don't start rumors that the incumbants used taxpayer money, because I clearly stated the village of Mokena had to pay their represetation. You start rumors, and I am sure the incumbants will sue your butt. Again, just watch the tape of last nights meeting and read these posts better. Are you dislexic?
I didn't start any such rumor. You did.
John Sanchez

Wheaton, IL

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
The village did not pay for the incumbants defense, Doug Heathcock. The $12,000 was paid to Attorney Richard Kavanaugh to represent the Village of Mokena because their deputy village clerk, a village employee was named in the suit. Shame on Fleischer for being behind the VERY WEAK objection filing. So again Sanchez, don't start rumors that the incumbants used taxpayer money, because I clearly stated the village of Mokena had to pay their represetation. You start rumors, and I am sure the incumbants will sue your butt. Again, just watch the tape of last nights meeting and read these posts better. Are you dislexic?
Being in the grammar police, as you are, you'll probably want to know that it's spelled d-y-s-l-e-x-i-c. Look for the squiggly red line under what you type, and get that dictionary.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Yes you were starting a rumor by saying the incumbants should be reported to the State Board of Elections. Like I asked before, are you really that stupid and are you DYSLEXIC. Glad you sleep with your dictionary. I don't use spellcheck because I really don't care. And once more, shame, shame, shame on Fleischer and company.
Change I think not

Mokena, IL

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Marianos started construction in August and will open in March. That is 8 months for a 74,000 square foot store. Meijer is 190,000 plus outdoor shopping areas, and a gas station. Much larger project than Marianos. Meijer also has their own special niche. Frankfort shouldbe concerned with too many grocery stores, most people will prefer and support one stop shoppingat Meijer.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Hopefully will give Wal Mart some competition and the people that don't like a big store will still support berkots and brookhaven. Those 2 stores won't lose any more business than they did to WalMart and now Mokena will be able get those people back to shop in Mokena at Meijer.
Mokena Voter

New Lenox, IL

#21 Feb 12, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
Hopefully will give Wal Mart some competition and the people that don't like a big store will still support berkots and brookhaven. Those 2 stores won't lose any more business than they did to WalMart and now Mokena will be able get those people back to shop in Mokena at Meijer.
All the riff raff from Joliet will be coming to Mokena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Bernie Sanders Will Defeat Any Republican i... 19 min Sanders Nutsack 13
A question for the Mayor? 50 min byetruth 259
Liberal Cowards Called Out By Vets n Bikers 1 hr capt america 18
Man On Man 2 hr Trump 2016 19
Firemen are overpaid (Mar '11) 2 hr Patriot 325
District 228 Athletic Directors 3 hr Give A Hoot 2
Benevolent Totalitarianism 3 hr Patriot 5
More from around the web

Mokena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mokena Mortgages