straight shooter

New Lenox, IL

#262 Mar 8, 2013
Jim Giglio wrote:
<quoted text>I will address multiple issues in the near future with the legal fee's being one of them , I will do this at a village meeting and at that time I will also have some serious questions relating to the Clerks Office and certain functions of our Administration that have to this point been withheld from the residents. I appreciate your question but without a name on your post I respectfully will wait until the meeting to disclose any additional information . The residents and taxpayers in our community have been kept in the dark about many pertinent issues that I believe should have been disclosed and with important decisions made without public discussion and behind the scenes it leads me to believe our elected officials are afraid of what we have to say. I believe if an Elected Official has violated their ethics, abused their position of power or broken the law then they should be held accountable . I will be glad to discuss at length the information I disclose but I will wait until after the meeting I choose to attend to disclose this . I hope you understand why ? Thanks
thats fine, like i said i appreciate all your efforts.
and thanks for the drop in gas prices.
yep I give that credit to you as you deserve it.

I wont post my name because the general public can be unpredictable and it offers nothing.

I really am just a regular citzen no political intentions or affileation

i have often watched the meetings in the past and I can hardly wait for the meeting now.

Keep up the good fight
Jim Giglio

New Lenox, IL

#263 Mar 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont post my name because the general public can be unpredictable and it offers nothing.
i have often watched the meetings in the past and I can hardly wait for the meeting now.
Keep up the good fight
Thank You , my intentions are to provide information to our residents that our Administration has refused to do , such as pushing for board votes on the Frech Market and the Vehicle Sticker Abatment without any public discussion and attempt to sneak issues through under the Consent Agenda portion of a board meeting where items are lumped together and with little or no explanation. The Illinois State Open Meetings Act requires them to keep us informed but they have failed miserably in their efforts and I believe it was with intent. They seem to believe they dictate to us but in reality they serve us and unfortunately have forgotten this, and when challenged they attempt to intimidate or belittle a resident and this is absolutely unacceptable. PS: We often are gouged here in Mokena with the Gas prices ! Have you ever seen one of our Elected Officials take a stand against this ?
Huh too

New Lenox, IL

#264 Mar 8, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up the good fight
Giglio did nothing for Mokena gas prices. Today $3.79 in Homer Glen,$3.75 in New Lenox and $3.88 in Mokena. Terible in Mokena.
straight shooter

New Lenox, IL

#265 Mar 8, 2013
Huh too wrote:
<quoted text>Giglio did nothing for Mokena gas prices. Today $3.79 in Homer Glen,$3.75 in New Lenox and $3.88 in Mokena. Terible in Mokena.
its down from over $4.00 and thats a start and if nothing else he brought it to my and many other attention.
Like you, I will not buy my gas in town if its cheaper next door and if enough of us follow thru they will get the message.
thanks for the price updates.
its the first "facts" that I have seen posted by either HUH or huh 2
old man winter

Wheaton, IL

#266 Mar 8, 2013
I have heard there was a small fund raising event or meet and greet, what have you on 3-8-13. I heard after the event that it was at Post Game Pub. I was just wondering why the event and any others are not listed on the mokena2013 website. Seems odd. Can anybody perhaps tell why they did not publicize this event a bit more. And if you did attend, how did things go. How well was it attended. Are there are more events planned and if so will there be more advance notice.
How about the FANS group any upcoming events that people might be interested in attending.
Also what happened to the mokenabuzz website, is that no longer up and running?
Mokena Res

Bridgeview, IL

#267 Mar 9, 2013
Jim Giglio I really appreciate the fact that you are asking the uncomfortable questions, and also the only one, along with Tino, with the stones to put a real name here. And no, I am not putting my name out there for the vindictive people in this town to smear me all over like they do everybody else. Keep up the good fight!
Jim Giglio

New Lenox, IL

#268 Mar 9, 2013
Mokena Res wrote:
Jim Giglio I really appreciate the fact that you are asking the uncomfortable questions, and also the only one, along with Tino, with the stones to put a real name here. And no, I am not putting my name out there for the vindictive people in this town to smear me all over like they do everybody else. Keep up the good fight!
I appreciate the support !
Mokena FANS

New Lenox, IL

#269 Mar 9, 2013
old man winter wrote:
I have heard there was a small fund raising event or meet and greet, what have you on 3-8-13. I heard after the event that it was at Post Game Pub. I was just wondering why the event and any others are not listed on the mokena2013 website. Seems odd. Can anybody perhaps tell why they did not publicize this event a bit more. And if you did attend, how did things go. How well was it attended. Are there are more events planned and if so will there be more advance notice.
How about the FANS group any upcoming events that people might be interested in attending.
FANS FUNDER " Business after Hours" - Tuesday 3/12/13 5:30 to 8:00 pm at Mr Benny's $100.00 Food/Wine/Beer
Huh too

New Lenox, IL

#270 Mar 9, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
its down from over $4.00 and thats a start and if nothing else he brought it to my and many other attention.
Like you, I will not buy my gas in town if its cheaper next door and if enough of us follow thru they will get the message.
thanks for the price updates.
its the first "facts" that I have seen posted by either HUH or huh 2
And you are not a new blogger.
Huh too

New Lenox, IL

#271 Mar 9, 2013
Mokena FANS wrote:
<quoted text>FANS FUNDER " Business after Hours" - Tuesday 3/12/13 5:30 to 8:00 pm at Mr Benny's $100.00 Food/Wine/Beer
A little expensive.
old man winter

Wheaton, IL

#272 Mar 9, 2013
Mokena FANS wrote:
<quoted text>FANS FUNDER " Business after Hours" - Tuesday 3/12/13 5:30 to 8:00 pm at Mr Benny's $100.00 Food/Wine/Beer
Thanks, maybe its me but I did not find that information on the website. Looked under news/events and did not see it. When was the last time the site was updated. And again, this site provides a free venue to get the word out. If I did not ask, it seems nobody is telling.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#273 Mar 9, 2013
old man winter wrote:
The event last night was very nice and well attended. The next one is Friday, March 15th from 6-9 PM at the Mokena VFW on Wolf Road. Entertainment, buffet and cash bar.$30.00 per person.
straight shooter

New Lenox, IL

#274 Mar 9, 2013
Huh too wrote:
<quoted text>And you are not a new blogger.
I have been reading along for a while.
never posted before this month.
i think that makes me a new blogger.
( oh dear god I'm now a Blogger I hate that term)
I started reading about the burros /griffin stuff becuase it was amusing. then stumbled on to the 3 stooges.... more entertainment, but with the election coming up I wanted to find out some fact abouut both sides.
This is obviously not the place for that.
however I have learned a lot about SOME Mokena residents.

It definitly takes all types of people to make a village.
it just seems by reading most of the post we have our fair share of the "village idiots"

thats not a slam on you or anyone in paticular just an observation
Huh too

New Lenox, IL

#275 Mar 9, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading along for a while.
never posted before this month.
i think that makes me a new blogger.
( oh dear god I'm now a Blogger I hate that term)
I started reading about the burros /griffin stuff becuase it was amusing. then stumbled on to the 3 stooges.... more entertainment, but with the election coming up I wanted to find out some fact abouut both sides.
This is obviously not the place for that.
however I have learned a lot about SOME Mokena residents.
It definitly takes all types of people to make a village.
it just seems by reading most of the post we have our fair share of the "village idiots"
thats not a slam on you or anyone in paticular just an observation
I would not say village idiots at all. Just 2 groups that have very different ideas of how Mokena should be taken care. I personally am very passionate about Mokena and support the incumbents.
old man winter

Wheaton, IL

#276 Mar 9, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
<quoted text>The event last night was very nice and well attended. The next one is Friday, March 15th from 6-9 PM at the Mokena VFW on Wolf Road. Entertainment, buffet and cash bar.$30.00 per person.
And again to your side as well. Went on the Mokena2013 website and saw no mention of last nights event or this upcoming one. Both sides have taken the time to create a website, but not the time to update them. At least put your upcoming events on the sites.
Huh too

New Lenox, IL

#277 Mar 9, 2013
old man winter wrote:
<quoted text>
And again to your side as well. Went on the Mokena2013 website and saw no mention of last nights event or this upcoming one. Both sides have taken the time to create a website, but not the time to update them. At least put your upcoming events on the sites.
I agree. I can't stand websites or marquis in front of buildings that are not updated.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#278 Mar 9, 2013
Huh too wrote:
<quoted text>I would not say village idiots at all. Just 2 groups that have very different ideas of how Mokena should be taken care. I personally am very passionate about Mokena and support the incumbents.
KUDOS to you! I am also very passionate about Mokena and support the incumbents.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#279 Mar 9, 2013
Jim Giglio wrote:
<quoted text>I will address multiple issues in the near future with the legal fee's being one of them , I will do this at a village meeting and at that time I will also have some serious questions relating to the Clerks Office and certain functions of our Administration that have to this point been withheld from the residents. I appreciate your question but without a name on your post I respectfully will wait until the meeting to disclose any additional information . The residents and taxpayers in our community have been kept in the dark about many pertinent issues that I believe should have been disclosed and with important decisions made without public discussion and behind the scenes it leads me to believe our elected officials are afraid of what we have to say. I believe if an Elected Official has violated their ethics, abused their position of power or broken the law then they should be held accountable . I will be glad to discuss at length the information I disclose but I will wait until after the meeting I choose to attend to disclose this . I hope you understand why ? Thanks
Hmmm....Let's see. Televised board meetings March 11, March 25, and April 8th. Which meeting will Mr. Giglio choose to speak at? Probably all 3 but I predict he will make his biggest rant on April 8th, the night before the election! But he will continue to yell at the incumbents that their timing on issues is all about the election. Whatever.
neighbor

Chicago, IL

#280 Mar 9, 2013
Mokena Res wrote:
i agree. i like jim giglio. my kind of guy.!
Facebook Joe

New Lenox, IL

#281 Mar 9, 2013
Hey everyone take a look at Joe Werner's Facebook and his whining complaint about nasty blogging on this site and his calling it Chicago Style Politics . Then take a look at his biggest supporters on here in particular the " Smarter than you all are " blogger and go back a few months and look at the viscious personal attacks , accusations , threats and name calling this supporter of Werner and his Incumbents has made. Then look at the companies Werner has hired to do campaign work ( polling etc ) and then see who is attached to Chicago Style Politics. Remember WERNER's attack on that 25 yr old kid a few years ago for realizing he couldn't continue his campaign due to FAMILY ISSUES ( sound familiar Joe ) and had to back out ? Come on Joe you can't have it both way's , go grab some tissues ! Grab some tissues !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ahhh Haaa 21 min Sharky 4
Monee Gardening Club 1 hr Gardner wanna be 5
Poll Mayoral Election 5 hr Patriot 221
lincoln way blue demons (Jun '14) 8 hr Tommy No Like Wingy 19
Coach "K" Blasts Obama 11 hr Sharky 16
Mokena ESDA In Crown Point Indiana??? 13 hr Forest G 21
Former Mokena Park Commissioner McJimpsey 22 hr Coach 22
More from around the web

Mokena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE