Mokena Board Eliminates Vehicle Stickers to Give Residents a Break

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Editor's Note: This article has been edited after publication to correct the spelling of Donald Labriola's name.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
irondale guy

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

We should have never gotten rid of the stickers the money should have been used to hire and train more cops. It looks lke some election ploy to me.
We should be working to lower waterbills. I had to put in a new lawn, because of water restrictions.

We are counting on money we don't have.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

irondale guy: run for office or shut up
Tino Lettieri

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

it's another ploy to get themselfes elected
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Then file your petitions Tino. Put more of your money in a campaign and lose again! I give you credit for keeping on running in elections but you need to get the fact that you are too stupid to get elected to anything!
mokena

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Tino Lettieri wrote:
it's another ploy to get themselfes elected
gee whiz, you think???
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Oh I don't think, I know! And let's throw Jim Giglio and fake mustache Don Labriola into the stupid mix. Just because Lariola has been winning elections, doesn't make him smart, because he is soooooooo stupid!
irondale guy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

The trouble with guys like STYAA they only know how to attack people who don't agree with them. Try to come up with some ideas,by your measure you and I should run against each other.
Just the facts

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

smartas... I mean smarter than you all are, show us how smart you really are. Name all the major businesses that HAVE NOT opened in Mokena in the last few years but have opened nearby. I'll even help get you started.

Home Depot
Portillo's
Target
Kohl's
Lowe's
Walmart
Best Buy
Starbucks
Home Goods
Staples
OfficeMax
McDonald's
and soon ... Meijer's, Mariano's, Menard's and another McDonald's right outside of town. Being smarter than we all are I'm sure you can name quite a few more.
mok2

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

The problem is fat A S S Joe Werner and the board have to go, except Joe Siwinski and possibly Don L. These idiots have driven Mokena into the pit. WE NEED NEW LEADERSHIP IN MOKENA. WE can't survive on Joe Werners chili parties and his military toys. Also John Downs has to go. Come on Mokena WAKEUP. Mokena is broke.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Irondale guy: I am not complaining about Mokena so I have no interest in running for office. Those that are complaining need to run for office.

Just the facts: all you are saying is true.But Mokena has much less land than the towns where these businesses have located. The past 20 years of elected officials from all sides have been much too conservative to protect their precious land and should have gambled a little more with your tax dollars to lure these businesses. But if things didn't work out you would complain about that too. Run for office.

mok2: Are you kidding? Joe Siwinski is No. 1 controller of what comes to Mokena because he owns much of Mokena. Big conflict of interest from him.
And Labriola? He's a wacko. Werner and Downs, I can take or leave them. And Mokena is not broke. They have just refused to go into debt to give the incentives that Frankfort and New Lenox have given all your above mentioned businesses.

You all need to come out from behind your computers and put your money where your mouth is. I am at the stage of my life that I really don't care what happens to Mokena. If things get really bad I can move. I no longer have strong feelings to stay living here. If you all have strong feelings to stay living here hit the pavement and run for office.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

To just the facts: Did some checking today and as I thought, Meijer will be located in Mokena by Penneys.
Just the facts

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Meijer's owns property by Penneys, has for years. They have recently announced a new store going into Homer Glen. Mokena gets bypassed again. When did they announce they will build in Mokena? As far as the village board goes they should all be replaced for not living up to their past promises, but I choose not to make accusations or any name calling. You're right, Mokena is not broke. They refuse to invest where and when needed. But their track record is not good. All that money spent on Front Street and we end up with nothing. Let's hope we get some new choices in the next election. If I hit the pavement and run for office will you help me?
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Depends who you are and what your plans for the village would be if I would help you or not. As for Meijer, they have owned the land at 143rd and Bell Road between Bank of America and Aldi/White Castle for alot longer than they have owned the land in Mokena. They put Homer Glen on hold a long time ago and Mokena building on hold after that and they put land in Romeoville along Weber Road after they put Mokena on hold. So maybe they are building in the order they owned the land. Homer glen first, Mokena second and Romeoville third, but what do I know. It is also very disturbing to me to see the Ace shopping center on Francis Road and the shopping center at 195th and LaGrange Road almost totally vacant. I don't see the sense of having Kurt Zollner and Alan Zordan high paid under Downs. I think Downs and one of those guys should be able to handle what the three are currently doing. That could put over $75,000 toward something else. Just my opinion.
mok2

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

All you knuckleheads out there. Mokena IS broke. They have cut everything to the bare bone. Why do you think they are getting in the gambling business. We should be an economic thriving village just based on our location. All the towns around us are so far ahead of us. Sorry, Joe S. and Don L have to go also . I agree with you.
We need new leadership in Mokena. Please somebody, somewhere step up. We have to throw these idiots out. Zollner needs to be fired. He does nothing. Waste of $75,000, plus he falls asleep at the village board meetings. Come on Mokena, lets get going.
Who THEY kidding

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

There was people out today with petitions for an entire slate with a mayoral candidate, three trustees, and a clerk, all going against the current people. They were all over Grasmere and Green Meadows, I hear.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Yeah but if it's tino or anyone that he supports, forget it! If it's Dennis Bagdon from the park board forget it! The park board sucks. And go check out the budget and bank balances under the freedom of information act and you will see Mokena is not broke. They are just way too conservative and were way too against big box stores way too long. But if someone new does get elected and they get too crazy too fast, that's not good either. Mokena is caught between a rock and a hard place and no longer can even boast about their grade schools and junior high. Mokena 159 has had alot of bad press the past couple years. Thank God Lincolnway East and its school board still has a good reputation. As with everything in life, time will tell! And the more I think about it Zordan and Zollner both need to go. And if the election doesn't go his way, Downs can retire and then get hired somewhere and collect two pensions down the road. And if it gets to that point, Mokena will be totally starting from scratch and will really go in the dumps. There has to be a happy medium.
Just the facts

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

smarter than you all are I'm prepared to consider a run for trustee & would like to earn your support. But how do we make contact to discuss it personally? I'm not ready to go public until I see what kind of support and help I can get. But I won't do any insulting or name calling to get there.
smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

I won't meet personally with anyone until all petitions are filed. Petitions being circulated doesn't mean anything until filed. You need to gather your support from people who already know you, file your petitions and then possible support from me and other people is a bonus. You need your core group and money lined up. It's a big job and a big commitment and a big expense. That's why I still give credit to the current board for their time and commitment. Some of the campaigns in Mokena have been grueling, ie. Rhonda and Laura and others. What a nightmare. That brings me back to the fact, that I am really too old and at a stage of my life that I will not wear myself down and on a fixed income, will not contribute money to any campaign. Call all your friends and family and good luck.
jobs for votes

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Go with the Joe Werner/ Don Peloquin ticket you sillys. Ride the gravy train. Blue Island has a business district second to none and our water dept.is the best in the southland now that "Big Joe" is running things. How is Peloquins kid Danny working out as an engineer for the residents of Mokena?
John Sanchez

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

smarter than you all are wrote:
Yeah but if it's tino or anyone that he supports, forget it! If it's Dennis Bagdon from the park board forget it! The park board sucks. And go check out the budget and bank balances under the freedom of information act and you will see Mokena is not broke. They are just way too conservative and were way too against big box stores way too long. But if someone new does get elected and they get too crazy too fast, that's not good either. Mokena is caught between a rock and a hard place and no longer can even boast about their grade schools and junior high. Mokena 159 has had alot of bad press the past couple years. Thank God Lincolnway East and its school board still has a good reputation. As with everything in life, time will tell! And the more I think about it Zordan and Zollner both need to go. And if the election doesn't go his way, Downs can retire and then get hired somewhere and collect two pensions down the road. And if it gets to that point, Mokena will be totally starting from scratch and will really go in the dumps. There has to be a happy medium.
Are you saying that if Tino announces his support for any particular ticket, he can control how you vote? Tino is a good friend of mine, can I have similar influence over the way that you vote? In that event, if we were to endorse different slates, would you write in something fanciful or stay home in front of the television? How smart is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mokena Discussions

Search the Mokena Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
dist 114 school board 14 min Queen of Hearts 111
No he is insulting Dems and they have no clue 27 min HELLO 22
2014 Triple Play....Who's it going to be this y... (Jan '14) 1 hr NL dad72 93
School'n Hold On For Fun 2 hr Really 8
Jr. Griffins vs. Burros (Feb '12) 2 hr dfhakjslghjngkamlf 1,821
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Chet 48,693
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Midlothian Composer 3,819
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Will County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mokena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mokena People Search