Chili Party Proceed's Check to Wounde...

Chili Party Proceed's Check to Wounded Veterans

Posted in the Mokena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Mayor Werner please don't use the check presentation to the Wounded Veteran's as a political tool. With the Election getting close and the Chili Party being last December the timing will appear quite suspect and this event above all should not have any Political connotations.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Oh, so maybe Werner should call Fleischer and company out of the audiance at the board meeting and let them present it? I bet you wouldn't say it was a political ploy if they were the ones to present it, would you? Do you want some cheese with your whining? And if you really want Werner to respect your wishes, call village hall and leave him a message on his voicemail or send him an email to the village website. Even if he reads this blog something tells me he doesn't care what anyone, including me, puts on this blog. He thinks it's a joke. I do too, but I like messing with you guys.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#3 Feb 21, 2013
This is about Honoring our Wounded Veterans for their service, dedication and sacrifice and nobody should be doing this for any motive but saying Thank You. Keep all the politicians out of this.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Werner has done this for several years in a row. Why should this year be any different? If all the wounded veterans feel like you do, let them refuse the money and it can go to another worthy organization. There is nothing wrong with Werner presenting the donation at a village meeting. How much money have you raised for wounded veterans lately?
Please Dont

Mokena, IL

#5 Feb 21, 2013
Smarter than you all are wrote:
Werner has done this for several years in a row. Why should this year be any different? If all the wounded veterans feel like you do, let them refuse the money and it can go to another worthy organization. There is nothing wrong with Werner presenting the donation at a village meeting. How much money have you raised for wounded veterans lately?
It's really sad that you cannot see the utter disrespect when a Politician uses a platform such as this to garner interest in themselves . There should be no Political innuendo or benefit at all in this type of presentation. In fact it should be done out of the public eye as often is with major benefactors remaining anonymous to keep the sanctity of the effort. The Chili Party is not a village function and it is wrong to do it at the meeting. You seem to try to be the hero in every blog on this site and try following the old adage of choose your battles. I am very involved in groups like Moms Cookies , Patriot Guard Riders , Warrior Watch Riders and other groups benefitting all our Warriors and shame on you for your irresponsible uneducated challenge. I've been doing this for many years and I don't need to puff out my chest ride in army trucks and wear military patches that I've never earned to portray myself as something I'm not to garner some kind of false honor like Werner has. The money is to important to those that need it to turn it down and again shame on you for making such an utterly disrespectful comment, I'd guess you have no Veteran's in your family who served in combat to make such a ridiculous statement.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Of course I have veterans in my family and they would never object to how money is presented to their group unless they have a personal vendetta against the person or group presenting it. Obviously you have a personal dislike for Werner and the incumbents.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#7 Feb 21, 2013
I have a personal dislike for anyone who tries to gain notoriety on the backs of anyone especially Veterans ,and in the case of Werner and his actions yes. Disliking someone is not simply a vendetta , I have no ill wishes towards Werner I just do not respect him and his actions in this case. He does not need to make a big production out of this and do it on cable where he draws attention to himself. The intent to raise the money is credible , the need to broadcast it disrespectful.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Werner isn't even running for office anymore so why are you so worried about him drawing attention to himself? If I was trying to gain notoriety I would tell you who I am so you know who go give notice to. I just want to excercise my right of FREE SPEECH and we can agree to disagree. Werner should just keep the money so you all can have something else to complain about.
cohan

New Lenox, IL

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Werner isn't even running for office anymore so why are you so worried about him drawing attention to himself? If I was trying to gain notoriety I would tell you who I am so you know who go give notice to. I just want to excercise my right of FREE SPEECH and we can agree to disagree. Werner should just keep the money so you all can have something else to complain about.
free speech? more like unwanted b.s.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#10 Feb 22, 2013
cohan wrote:
<quoted text> free speech? more like unwanted b.s.
Just like all you guys and all YOUR unwanted b.s.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#11 Feb 22, 2013
The issue isn't about him running or not , it's about showing Honor and Respect and not diminishing the Sacrifice the Wounded Veteran's have made by politicizing the event. Everyone knows Werner will just make it about him as he has done numerous times before . In this case it should not be done the group receiving the money should be shown the proper respect.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#12 Feb 22, 2013
PLEASE DONT wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't about him running or not , it's about showing Honor and Respect and not diminishing the Sacrifice the Wounded Veteran's have made by politicizing the event. Everyone knows Werner will just make it about him as he has done numerous times before . In this case it should not be done the group receiving the money should be shown the proper respect.
Why did they or you ever complain about this before? Nothing diminishes anyones respect for the group receiving the money.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#13 Feb 24, 2013
If the timing of the presentation coincidides with the Election it would be politicizing the event and thus showing great disrespect to any group involved especially Wounded Veterans. The Chili Party was in December and Werner announced they had a total back then so why has this much time elapsed without a presentation ? Because he will try to gain some political advantage and press from it and that will make it completely disrespectful to the Wounded Veterans. I hope this doesn't happen and I hope I'm wrong and I will be glad apologize if he doesn't but mark my words he will. I would hope if he does schedule it this close to the election the Wounded Veterans will ask him to defer it until after the election so they cannot be used politically.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#14 Feb 24, 2013
PLEASE DONT wrote:
If the timing of the presentation coincidides with the Election it would be politicizing the event and thus showing great disrespect to any group involved especially Wounded Veterans. The Chili Party was in December and Werner announced they had a total back then so why has this much time elapsed without a presentation ? Because he will try to gain some political advantage and press from it and that will make it completely disrespectful to the Wounded Veterans. I hope this doesn't happen and I hope I'm wrong and I will be glad apologize if he doesn't but mark my words he will. I would hope if he does schedule it this close to the election the Wounded Veterans will ask him to defer it until after the election so they cannot be used politically.
You are the one making more of a big deal out of this than needs to be made. It really doesn't matter when the check is presented. There is no disrespect intended. This is a bunch of needless whining.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#15 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>You are the one making more of a big deal out of this than needs to be made. It really doesn't matter when the check is presented. There is no disrespect intended. This is a bunch of needless whining.
Your absolutely wrong, with this group politics should be left completely out of it. No politician should use a Wounded or Disabled Veteran to further their political agenda it's absolutely unacceptable and completely disrespectful .
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#16 Feb 24, 2013
PLEASE DONT wrote:
<quoted text> Your absolutely wrong, with this group politics should be left completely out of it. No politician should use a Wounded or Disabled Veteran to further their political agenda it's absolutely unacceptable and completely disrespectful .
If you are not the only one thinking it is all political, bring the whole group to a board meeting so they can speak for themselves about how disrespected they feel. No one will show up.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Other Veterans will support my feelings to much was sacrificed to allow a politician to use us his ego.
Smarter than you all are

New Lenox, IL

#18 Feb 25, 2013
PLEASE DONT wrote:
Other Veterans will support my feelings to much was sacrificed to allow a politician to use us his ego.
Whatever. Have THEM tell everyone they don't want Werner supposedly using them.
PLEASE DONT

Mokena, IL

#19 Feb 25, 2013
They know !
Tino Lettieri

Mokena, IL

#20 Feb 26, 2013
As a Viet Nam veteran i don't appreciate anyone that uses Village Hall during the discover Mokena session of the meeting to promote themselves or their organization, if The Mayors Charatable Foundation wants to present a donation to The Wounded Worriors Project it should be done at the Mokena VFW Hall. Santino Lettieri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the Pro-Trump imbeciles? 1 hr WellWellWell 1
Henry Bro is funding Bartos 3 hr Steve Curran 7
bartos car lettering company (Oct '15) 3 hr Steve Curran 44
Steve Curran & Henry Brothers (Jul '16) 3 hr Tennis Andy 15
Mike Bartos's son Mon Dan 7
Beware of Lies in small town politics Mar 22 The truth is visible 7
Bartos made the motion increasing MBSA fees Mar 20 Bully 9

Mokena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance