Tiny Lode community dismayed by proposal to close award-winning school

Nov 29, 2009 Full story: RecordNET 6

Parents and teachers in this tiny rural hamlet are organizing resistance after learning that award-winning Rail Road Flat Elementary School may close next year.

Full Story

“I'M GONNA SAY IT ANYWAY!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 30, 2009
if they end up closing the school, i would hope they would turn the campus into a community center/town hall thingy.................
Joyce

San Jose, CA

#2 Nov 30, 2009
I really hope this is not true, they do not need to close down the school, that would be a shame to bus the kids all over. Hope this is not true.
Big Red of Railroad

Pioneer, CA

#3 Nov 30, 2009
There is a community meeting Wednesday Dec 2 at 5 pm in the community hall in Railroad. Pizza will be served and bought by Steve Wilensky. This is very important. I know Jimmy can't be there but Joyce. Why not come? The owner of the cafe has said he will probably have to close. Much of his business comes from the school and the parents. Not only that, the school is the hub of the community. This is a hard battle and we need a show of support so please pass on the word.
Joyce

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 1, 2009
I will be attending, had planned on it. I go often to the little cafe for breakfast, great little place!
Big Red of Railroad

West Point, CA

#5 Dec 1, 2009
By the way,Jimmy, Buller wants to open up a "old folks home" on the school site. Just think, a captive audience for his shenanigans. He could have wheel chair races....But it is a rumor,I hope. Also a sub-station for the sheriffs dept. But according to Sheriff Downum that is not in the cards. This time no change is good change.

“I'M GONNA SAY IT ANYWAY!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 1, 2009
i hope it's a rumor!........ possibly a satellite for adult education, or a place for the town to get internet access ........library..........SOMET HING!!!

THE BEST THING IS TO LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE AND CUT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokelumne Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bus cheats for gta san andreas (Apr '08) Feb 14 dariel hackette 64
Review: Cornerstone Church Of The Sierras Feb 12 Len Nicholson 1
Building Inspector Murdered. Don't Buy a House ... (Dec '08) Feb 5 deedek3-gamma 48
Rail Road Flat Store (Oct '08) Feb '15 MacFhearghuis 70
Rust to Dust (May '12) Dec '14 Kurt Dunajski 4
Fatal DUI Investigation Oct '14 Kat 1
Review: David Foyil Law Offices (Sep '08) Sep '14 mama 32
Mokelumne Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mokelumne Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News