72-year-old tries to run down pedestr...

72-year-old tries to run down pedestrians in apparent road rage incident in Martell

There are 6 comments on the Amador Ledger-Dispatch story from Nov 8, 2007, titled 72-year-old tries to run down pedestrians in apparent road rage incident in Martell. In it, Amador Ledger-Dispatch reports that:

Amador County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Patrick Weart documents an incident of parking lot road rage near Safeway in the Martell Business Park. via Amador Ledger-Dispatch

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amador Ledger-Dispatch.

Barry Griffin

AOL

#1 Nov 16, 2007
The recent article on Charles Herndon is particularly distressing. When I see a news article "go off" this way I am really troubled. When did allegations suddenly become facts?
Barry Griffin

AOL

#2 Nov 16, 2007
The posted article on Charles Herndon is distressing. When I see a news story "go off" as this one does, it is very troubling. When did allegations suddenly become facts.
Truth Seeker

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2007
How did the article "go off" ? It seems to me that the article reported what witnesses saw at the scene.

If that testimony (and it will become testimony in court) is wrong or false - the court will decide it.

At last I checked Mr. Herndon was arrested, a course of action determined by a trained and dedicated police officer.

If your friend wants to avoid such problems, perhaps he should slow down and avoid confrontations. His wife, the author, must be horrified.

This is why I love small towns....
Charles Herndon

San Andreas, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2007
Well, I guess I have to respond to "Truth Seeker" (noble calling).

Does it matter to a truth seeker that the article in question reported a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon, when the actual charge was a misdemeanor Disturbing the Peace?

Does it matter that the article reported Herndon in jail for five days in lieu of $40,000 bail when he was actually incarcerated overnight and released on his own recognizance the next day?

Does it matter that the article refused to identify the "witness" who made the citizen arrest and who had so much to say?

How much do facts matter to a Truth Seeker?
Starna Erickson

AOL

#5 Nov 19, 2007
Dear "Truth" Seeker. I totally agree with Mr. Herndon.
Genger Bennett

AOL

#6 Nov 20, 2007
This story concerning the arrest of Charles Herndon is a disgrace. It is lurid and completely inaccurate, and defames a man who is unfailingly kind and helpful to anyone lucky enough to know him. The story makes him sound like some kind of nut, and we all know how far this is from the truth. The true facts have been provided to the editor of the Ledger, who bears the ultimate responsibility for this example of sleazy and irresponsible journalism. Perhaps if we complain enough we can prevent this happening to anyone else.
Ginger Bennett
P.O. Box 1281
Menlo Park, California 94026

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokelumne Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a Zero energya vision for California homes May '16 Solarman 1
News Kit Carson Mountain Men step back into Californ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
Jeremiah Barrett (Dec '15) Apr '16 Jon 3
Rail Road Flat Store (Oct '08) Mar '16 unbiased101 73
News Butte Fire victims plead for federal help (Oct '15) Feb '16 Susan Sperou 3
Got Spanish? Jan '16 Profe Nora 1
its hot in here Jan '16 Switch 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mokelumne Hill Mortgages