Freeberg Resident

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2013
I heard a rumor while I was in Linn this evening that the new sheriff Michael Dixon has been charged with sexual assault and stalking.

Does anyone know if that is true?
Help Troll

Cantonment, FL

#2 Jun 27, 2013
Doesn't show up in bookings.
Freeberg Resident wrote:
I heard a rumor while I was in Linn this evening that the new sheriff Michael Dixon has been charged with sexual assault and stalking.
Does anyone know if that is true?
Freeberg Resident

United States

#3 Jun 27, 2013
I wasn't sure. I heard it was in Cole County. They said he assaulted a female deputy.

Where would you try to look it up?
Rumor

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2013
I hope there is no truth to this. If anyone finds out for sure let me know.
Who could arrest him? I was told that only the corner could arrest a sheriff. Is that true too?
Truth

Vienna, MO

#6 Jul 4, 2013
Guess it is true! Sheriff Dixon is in trouble for Sexual Misconduct, and Stalking.

How sad! I thought they were going to finally get a good Sheriff in Linn.
Discrase

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2013
It's really a shame when our new sheriff isn't even allowed to carry a gun because he has a full restraining order against him. You know there is a lot of evidence against him if a Judge would order that!!

I regret my vote for Dixon and he needs to just pack up and go since he lied to all of us during the election. Saying he had intergity.

Step down Dixon before you embarrass our county even more!!!!
tellmewhatyouthi nk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Aug 11, 2015
Osage County Sheriff Michael Dixon, formerly of Franklin County, will be on supervised probation for the next two years for harassing a woman.
Dixon pleaded guilty Tuesday in St. Louis County Circuit Court to one misdemeanor count of harassment in a plea bargain that included dismissing a felony tampering charge for stealing a four-wheel ATV June 26, 2013, and three other misdemeanor charges including sexual misconduct and third-degree assault.
St. Louis County Circuit Judge Richard C. Bresnahan accepted the plea at the conclusion of a 10 minute hearing and issued a suspended sentence with multiple conditions that prohibit Dixon from using alcohol and requiring him to submit to sexual harassment counseling.
With the misdemeanor conviction, Dixon will be able to retain his office of sheriff, but could be subject to sanctions from Missouri’s Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) commission.
Dixon is the former police chief of Belle, Mo., and previously served as a member of the Washington Police Explorer Post.
tellmewhatyouthi nk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#9 Aug 12, 2015
ROLLA -- Osage County Sheriff Michael Dixon pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of harassment rather than go to trial on a variety of charges, from tampering with a motor vehicle, sexual misconduct, third-degree assault, and stalking in exchange for two years probation.

The stalking, sexual misconduct, and harassment charges stem from a complaint by a former female co-worker, and involved incidents that occurred on June 24 and 26, 2013, in which Dixon allegedly placed a flashlight between the legs of the co-worker, and stole her fiance's off-road vehicle after repeatedly demanding to know where she was.

Phelps County Prosecutor John Beger was appointed special prosecutor in the case by courts in Osage and Maries counties. The charges he filed were the result of actions he alleged happened between Oct., 2012 and June, 2013.

Beger said by taking the plea, Dixon, 28, will serve two years on probation, which includes the stipulations of no contact with the victims, regular drug and alcohol evaluations, sexual harassment counselling, and not violating the law.
tellmewhatyouthi nk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Aug 12, 2015
Charges could be filed against a Mid-Missouri sheriff now that the Missouri State Highway Patrol has concluded its investigation.

RELATED CONTENT

Sheriff under investigation for harassment, stalking
Sgt. Erik Eidson told ABC 17 News the Highway Patrol's Division of Drug and Crime Control completed their investigation into Osage County Sheriff Mike Dixon.

Those results have been turned over to the special prosecutor, which is the Phelps County Prosecutor.

Sheriff Dixon is accused of harassing a Maries County woman. Courtney Duncan Mahaney claims Dixon stalked and harassed her.

Maries County Sheriff Chris Heitman said his office received the complaint from the Belle Police Department in June.

Heitman investigated the complaint then turned it over to the Highway Patrol Wednesday.

Highway Patrol Sgt. Paul Reinsch told ABC 17 News that the Maries County Sheriff asked the patrol to begin the investigation.

Reinsch says once the patrol completes a preliminary investigation, they will determine if a full investigation is warranted. There is no word on when the investigation will be completed.

Sheriff Dixon was formerly the police chief in Belle.
tellmewhatyouthi nk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Aug 12, 2015
i am only stating facts that are in black and white not hearsay
tellmewhatyouthi nk

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Aug 14, 2015
i will say that however sheriff michael r. dixon is definetly a crooked sheriff its call me haveing freedom of speech thinks he can take prisoners in different rooms and pulls a gun out on a male prisoner guess what mr dixon i have proof u did that want the people of osage see what you did also u covered up for lt .adam bennett and vice versa i got proof for that too mr.dixon ur corrupt letting ur sheriff power go to ur head u need to step down as sheriff do whats right resign

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mokane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for info on a lot in goose creek Jan 17 Goose creek 1
Rudy Ludemann (Mar '11) Dec '16 Sinu 9
David LeSieur Dec '16 BlankSistym 1
CHad Nov '16 Adolf 1
Elaine Gannon voted to give away 1% of MO land ... Nov '16 Jean W 3
News Fifth-grader held in south Callaway burglary, s... (Oct '07) Jun '16 sorryshooter13 7
The Farm (Oct '12) Apr '13 Spencer 4

Mokane Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mokane Mortgages