Fix one bridge before closing another

Fix one bridge before closing another

There are 1 comment on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Aug 17, 2009, titled Fix one bridge before closing another. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

Fix one bridge before closing another Editor: Upon reading the article "Hamburg-Tilden bridge closed for repairs" , I found it interesting that no mention was made of the Berne bridge, which has been closed for three years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

Collingswood, NJ

#1 Dec 13, 2009
PennDOT also as of this summer has reduced the weight limit on a bridge from Centerpor to Bernville to a miniscule 5 tons. This road is the major east west connector for this area. And for years now they have one side of the Centerport to Shartlesville Road barricaded closed because the pipe under the road is bad. Now they have the weight of the barricades full time on that side yet they wanted to limit the weight to one vehicle. These barriers way 2 or 3 tons each and at least two if not three are on the so called bad side of the road. Give me a break. Now also all the traffic is concentrated on one lane. This lane has always had pots at the bridge. At least the closed lane never exhibited any problem. Just how in competent is PennDOT. There are at least 4 bridges closed or partially restricted in this tiny little cornor of Berks County. PennDOT must have one very serious problem on their hand and be inordinately inept at correcting it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohrsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blacks and tipping 59 min cocktail server 19
I am the enemy 1 hr Never a republican 3
Faithful 2 hr just a thought 2
GE vs Eriez Magnetics (Jun '13) 2 hr GE Executive 92
Cops abusing power 2 hr Sarah 2
Police shooting 2 hr Erie news 15
Hi 3 hr Mongo 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mohrsville Mortgages