First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RightWingRoy

Cochranton, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2013
"It is often said that guns, particularly assault rifles, are designed for one thing, and one thing only: to kill lots of people.

Assault rifles in the United States are failing miserably in this purpose. There are tens of millions of assault rifles in America. Because the definition of an assault rifle has been rather fuzzy, the number can be said to be anywhere from 10 million to 30 million. Of those, the AR-15 type is fairly common with numbers between 5 and 10 million.

The FBI murder statistics do not differentiate between types of rifles. There are about 100 million rifles in the United States. In 2009, the last year in which numbers have been reported, there were 13,636 murders. Guns were used to murder 9,146 people. Hands and feet were used to murder 801 people. Blunt objects were used to murder 611 people. Rifles were used to murder 348 people, and that is all rifles, of which assault rifles are only a small fraction. Assault rifles are used so infrequently in homicides that many police departments almost never see them; in 2009, there were nine states that did not have a single murder committed with any rifle.

So why is the left so intent on banning rifles that are the most suitable for militia use (clearly protected by the U.S. Constitution), when they are used so rarely in murder? Banning baseball bats would make more sense, yet would be nearly as senseless.

It is this disassociation from facts and reality that lead many ordinary people to believe that when their government works to disarm them, it is up to no good."

I would like to challenge anyone to a debate about banning "ARs" or any sort of gun for that matter. Lets take Erie as a prime example. How many of the shootings in Erie are with Semi auto rifles?

One last thing. For those of you who would argue, "Why do you need to have one. You can't hunt with it." You cannot hunt with them in Pa but you sure as hell can in Ohio, for varmints, and many other states for game as large as deer and even bigger.

Anti-gun advocates are so far out of touch with reality because like a typical liberal, you think with your heart. Let the sh!t spray begin...
a dead kid in newton

Erie, PA

#2 Jan 5, 2013
RightWingRoy wrote:
"It is often said that guns, particularly assault rifles, are designed for one thing, and one thing only: to kill lots of people.
Assault rifles in the United States are failing miserably in this purpose. There are tens of millions of assault rifles in America. Because the definition of an assault rifle has been rather fuzzy, the number can be said to be anywhere from 10 million to 30 million. Of those, the AR-15 type is fairly common with numbers between 5 and 10 million.
The FBI murder statistics do not differentiate between types of rifles. There are about 100 million rifles in the United States. In 2009, the last year in which numbers have been reported, there were 13,636 murders. Guns were used to murder 9,146 people. Hands and feet were used to murder 801 people. Blunt objects were used to murder 611 people. Rifles were used to murder 348 people, and that is all rifles, of which assault rifles are only a small fraction. Assault rifles are used so infrequently in homicides that many police departments almost never see them; in 2009, there were nine states that did not have a single murder committed with any rifle.
So why is the left so intent on banning rifles that are the most suitable for militia use (clearly protected by the U.S. Constitution), when they are used so rarely in murder? Banning baseball bats would make more sense, yet would be nearly as senseless.
It is this disassociation from facts and reality that lead many ordinary people to believe that when their government works to disarm them, it is up to no good."
I would like to challenge anyone to a debate about banning "ARs" or any sort of gun for that matter. Lets take Erie as a prime example. How many of the shootings in Erie are with Semi auto rifles?
One last thing. For those of you who would argue, "Why do you need to have one. You can't hunt with it." You cannot hunt with them in Pa but you sure as hell can in Ohio, for varmints, and many other states for game as large as deer and even bigger.
Anti-gun advocates are so far out of touch with reality because like a typical liberal, you think with your heart. Let the sh!t spray begin...
The permission the rest of the country gives to you idiots is going to be revoked soon, you better buy another dozen while you still can.
RightWingRoy

Cochranton, PA

#3 Jan 5, 2013
a dead kid in newton wrote:
<quoted text>The permission the rest of the country gives to you idiots is going to be revoked soon, you better buy another dozen while you still can.
Tell me why I, a citizen with no criminal history, should be punished because some jackass is going to kill people?

I love to shoot guns. It's fun. You may like to read or play hop-scotch. It's the same difference. It's just one thing people like to do. It's like sports cars. People buy them, drive fast and kill others and themselves. It's gonna happen. You're a fool. Although, I never hope you're in a situation where you may need a gun.
apesma

Struthers, OH

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Could you please help me out with the logic. You didn't feel the need to buy one of these guns yesterday,but you're afraid that you're not going to be able to buy 1 tomorrow, so you have to buy one today? See? This is what makes you such jackasses.
RightWingRoy

Cochranton, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2013
apesma wrote:
Could you please help me out with the logic. You didn't feel the need to buy one of these guns yesterday,but you're afraid that you're not going to be able to buy 1 tomorrow, so you have to buy one today? See? This is what makes you such jackasses.
I didn't run out and buy one. Many people do because the value will go up if they're ban. Just like anything else, it's economics. When you say "one of these," what are you referring to? I'm unsure what you mean.. Semi auto guns, handguns, rifles?
RightWingRoy

Cochranton, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2013
apesma wrote:
Do you know anything about firearms? Enlighten me on your vast knowledge, please.
a dead kid in newton

Erie, PA

#7 Jan 5, 2013
RightWingRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why I, a citizen with no criminal history, should be punished because some jackass is going to kill people?
I love to shoot guns. It's fun. You may like to read or play hop-scotch. It's the same difference. It's just one thing people like to do. It's like sports cars. People buy them, drive fast and kill others and themselves. It's gonna happen. You're a fool. Although, I never hope you're in a situation where you may need a gun.
Limiting your ability, and the ability of others, regardless of legal status, to posess a semi-automatic firearm in a military configuration is not "punishment". It is the common sense alternative to a culture that has shown a catastrophic failure to keep guns out of the hands of those who would kill. Fewer guns equals fewer gun crimes.
RightWingRoy

Cochranton, PA

#8 Jan 5, 2013
It useless arguing or telling you people the facts. You're too Fcuking stupid to realize the truth. Go to Chicago where they have ban all handguns. 500+ murders this past year. Facts are facts and liberals are liberals. That's why the two never are never found this the same sentence. Those two words along with common sense.

I'm done. If brains were gasoline you wouldn't make a piss-ants go cart go 2 laps around a Cheerio.
Coyote

Erie, PA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
Counter at Gander was thick with buyers today. A new record for the number of background checks occurred in December and has been very high since November. I won't be shocked at all if it is even higher this month. Keep up the good work Dems.
Tommy Jefferson

Erie, PA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
Let's look at the history of bans- alcohol - failed Miserably actually promoted the growth of organized crime. Drugs, worked so well we now have at least 3 presidents that have used them - that we know of. Bans create crime in that when you have a demand and no supply someone will fill the gap. Maybe that is what Fast & Furious was a training run at snugging guns by those elitists in government
haha

Erie, PA

#11 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>Limiting your ability, and the ability of others, regardless of legal status, to posess a semi-automatic firearm in a military configuration is not "punishment". It is the common sense alternative to a culture that has shown a catastrophic failure to keep guns out of the hands of those who would kill. Fewer guns equals fewer gun crimes.
Ha ha ha
Prove it, fool!
No dumber words have ever been written!
Ha ha ha
#StupidityKills
#Chicago
haha

Erie, PA

#12 Jan 6, 2013
I saw a movie once where only the military and the police had guns.
Ha ha ha
#SchindlersList
Hillbillies

Erie, PA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Them Hillbillies love them guns.
dead kids in newton

Erie, PA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
Coyote wrote:
Counter at Gander was thick with buyers today. A new record for the number of background checks occurred in December and has been very high since November. I won't be shocked at all if it is even higher this month. Keep up the good work Dems.
You get to keep your right to buy and we get to stay murdered by a psycho with a gun. As we entered heaven we were thanking god that our sacrifice allows your sick infatuation to continue. He thanked us for our kindness but for some reason he didn't look that pleased.
haha

Erie, PA

#16 Jan 6, 2013
dead kids in newton wrote:
<quoted text>You get to keep your right to buy and we get to stay murdered by a psycho with a gun. As we entered heaven we were thanking god that our sacrifice allows your sick infatuation to continue. He thanked us for our kindness but for some reason he didn't look that pleased.
40 Million aborted children scream "hypocrite" from heaven.
#LiberalsAreTheBabyKillers
#Psychos
dead kids in newton

Erie, PA

#17 Jan 6, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
40 Million aborted children scream "hypocrite" from heaven.
#LiberalsAreTheBabyKillers
#Psychos
We were 6 years old and then we were aborted by a gun. People like you allowed the guns and facillitated our abortion. You are an accomplice to murder.
jb88x

United States

#18 Jan 6, 2013
You were aborted by a mentally ill kid you mental midget
dead kids in newton

Erie, PA

#19 Jan 6, 2013
jb88x wrote:
You were aborted by a mentally ill kid you mental midget
He could never have hurt all of us without that gun. He didn't drive a car into the school, he didn't set a fire or use a machete. No, he used a gun that was readily available from a legal gun owner. Now 20 of us are dead and the enablers of murder continue to sit atop their soapbox crying about their rights. We were all shot with one of your beloved guns. Our only consolation now is that we are dead, and we don't have to be on the same planet as you assesories to murder.
Jamal

Waterford, PA

#20 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>The permission the rest of the country gives to you idiots is going to be revoked soon, you better buy another dozen while you still can.
Time for you to put your head up your mothers a@@ and let her fart more shit in your mouth A@@hole.
Pat

Waterford, PA

#21 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>Limiting your ability, and the ability of others, regardless of legal status, to posess a semi-automatic firearm in a military configuration is not "punishment". It is the common sense alternative to a culture that has shown a catastrophic failure to keep guns out of the hands of those who would kill. Fewer guns equals fewer gun crimes.
All this shit talk does is drive up the price, As for fewer guns fewer crimes. YOU are full of shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohrsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former County Council candidate Styn to run for... 32 min Politico 58
sue weber to run for county coroner (Mar '13) 1 hr Paul M 28
dump club rollin super weekend wit a quarter pound 3 hr tone 3
Sonya Arrington Running for Council 3 hr Taxpayer 14
Will Joe Sinnott See His Shadow 3 hr Mayornaise 10
Millcreek Township School District 4 hr Millcreeker 31
We Want Dave Belmondo 4 hr Uncle Ted 20

Winter Storm Watch for Berks County was issued at January 31 at 10:22AM EST

Mohrsville News Video

Mohrsville Dating