Turnpike Travelers Need To Check Change

Full story: WFMZ 58
WALLACE TWP., Pa. -- Soon, you may have to do some financial planning before hitting the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bob

Phillipsburg, NJ

#42 Dec 9, 2010
Mocha Motive wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuzzy math Bobby
how do you know what the company gross and net is
you begrudge this man a fair wage
jealous?
too bad you failed in life
No my math is not fuzzy. Maybe your intelligence is. He stated "works for an owner that makes 1 mill a year or better." My math was based on $1 Million net profit. If his was based on gross income his wages would be a much higher percentage of the owner's income

Not jealous at all as I do pretty well but I have compssion for the people that are making less and are struggeling.

Nice try mocha. Read before you type and you won't look so stupid.
Fed-Up

Allentown, PA

#43 Dec 9, 2010
I only make 35,000 a year and I have to pay tolls & gas to travel 60 miles each day. What are they thinking!! I am so exhausted from trying to survive each day because of our economy in general. This whole entire frekin country is going down hill quick. Soon it will be just Millionares & Billionares and POOR people. That's it. We need to fight back for once and not be a wimp like our current commander and cheif. Ha...what a joke.
bruno

Sellersville, PA

#44 Dec 9, 2010
again the pa turnpike does something stupid,to much money already. i avoid that highway at all cost. i would rather go 10/20 miles out of my way first. cost is to high,
John

Conshohocken, PA

#45 Dec 9, 2010
Rambling Man wrote:
Well, if it costs too much to print everytime price goes up then maybe they ought to rethink raising prices so often. In six years the price of the trip that I make frequently has gone up nearly $7.00 one way! Believe me if there were a better way for me to get from here to there...I would take it!
They can't change when ever the wont to idiot.
It's obvious you don't drive much what are you home bound.
CONFUSED

Whitehall, PA

#46 Dec 9, 2010
There is more than one roadway across the state. Stay off the turnpike all together and watch how much money they loose. If I don't have to travel a toll road, I won't. Biddeal you have to been on the roadway a little bit longer. Get over it or take your chances on the turnpike and just hope you have enough money with you.......
John

Conshohocken, PA

#47 Dec 9, 2010
Hacksaw wrote:
<quoted text>CORRECT! They want everyone to have EZpass and they will do away with attendants. More jobs lost.
Here's a brain storm for you dumb dumb how about using the computer you used to write you idiotic message on and look it up it pretty simple look up PA turnpike on google and use there travel calculator. I how your kids grow up smarter then you.
John

Conshohocken, PA

#48 Dec 9, 2010
Curt wrote:
If they want to safe money get rid of the surly toll booth attendants, oh, sorry we can't do that we're afraid of unions in this commomwealth. All this is going to do is allow toll booth attendants to rip off the travelers.
Main you idiot are paranoid.
JeezEdith

United States

#49 Dec 9, 2010
Lets see...The machine already time-stamps the tickets when you receive them but the prices are currently pre-printed. If the machine could just print the exit prices on the ticket in real-time (when you receive the ticket), this would solve the problem forever. Of course, they would need to modify the printers and software and that would cost money, but I think it would solve the problem.
John

Conshohocken, PA

#50 Dec 9, 2010
bruno wrote:
again the pa turnpike does something stupid,to much money already. i avoid that highway at all cost. i would rather go 10/20 miles out of my way first. cost is to high,
Yep instead of paying a dollar more you would rather waste the gas what a genus
webeaamericans

Drexel Hill, PA

#51 Dec 9, 2010
how can they get away with this?how are we to know how much we need to pay i personnelly don,t what to wait till i get there to know how much i oue all they haveto do is stop raiseing the fee so much they don,t need to change it every year.but thats right we are americans we have no choice they do what they want anyway heck with us but i will be planing a different route if they change it
webeaamericans

Drexel Hill, PA

#52 Dec 9, 2010
also there has been times i did,nt bring enough money and if it werent for the fees on the ticket i would,nt have known how far i could get with the money i had on me they forget we,re not all rich some of us can,t be hit with surprises some need to know before hand plus is this not going to effect traffic cause now we have to pull up to booth to find out how much we owe come on who thinks of this stuff don,t they understand that it won,t save them anything to do this change the slower traffic the more people to get them through so they spend more not less boy aren,t they smart
Obama lama Dingdong

Palmerton, PA

#53 Dec 9, 2010
I can't wait to see the lines as Grandma pulls up, asks how much she owes, and proceeds to unsnap her change purse, "25 cents, 5 cents 1,2,3,4,5 pennies........
Just like the "express" lane at Giant!
agitated

Hamburg, PA

#54 Dec 9, 2010
i am not an employee of turnpike but i know one who is one reason they are paid higher then the average worker is people to people contact if you had to deal with 1000 pricks a day sometimes would you do it for minimum wage 2nd i do think them taking prices off the tickets is ridiculous as knowing someone who does work for turnpike i know all the ins and outs of it the turnpike is basically a political commission if you aint in politics while working there your screwed i have always said that some of the things they do is ridiculous the money is suppose to be going for roads but when they do fix one the workers are just standing around doing nothing everytime i drive past someone in construction crew so instead of bashing the collectors why dont you take it up with Joe Bremmier head of the Commission as every Commissioner has sunk the Turnpike deeper and deeper into debt and for all of you that think ezpass is wonderful it isnt over time if your transponder fails you get overcharged if they go to all electronic tolling and get rid of toll collectors all together when they take pictures of your lisence plate they will have all your info to me that is an invasion of privacy they would have your name , address , license plate, vin for your car and all so next time you pull up to a booth unless the collector is rude to you try being nice to them its not there fault that all this stuff is going on talk to commission itself there just working just like every one of you guys do everyday trying to make a living..........
Ron

Allentown, PA

#55 Dec 9, 2010
They shouldn't need to raise the prices, if they're saving that much money on ink. :)
Another local

Absecon, NJ

#56 Dec 10, 2010
Corruption looking you right in the face. For someone that doesn't know what they have to pay they can be charged ANYTHING and get away with it. As someone else stated, get a receipt every single time and don't let them whine their way out of it and everytime you do that and they say Oops, looks like you get more money back, make sure you get their info and REPORT THEM!
Another local

Absecon, NJ

#57 Dec 10, 2010
For those that say just look it up on the computer. Not everyone has access 24/7 to a computer. What about the tourists that just want to get from their hotel to someplace they just heard about and want to check out? What about the unexpected trips that you wind up using the turnpike for? My husbands car broke down on the turnpike at 4am during a snowstorm. I didn't have an exact location on him until I got to him. Tired of the Turnpike Commission, tired of a toll road that is constantly crappy, tired of the same area of the road being worked on for years and not seeing any progress, tired of toll rates being raised and seeing nothing in return.
Mocha Motive

Wilmington, DE

#58 Dec 10, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No my math is not fuzzy. Maybe your intelligence is. He stated "works for an owner that makes 1 mill a year or better." My math was based on $1 Million net profit. If his was based on gross income his wages would be a much higher percentage of the owner's income
Not jealous at all as I do pretty well but I have compssion for the people that are making less and are struggeling.
Nice try mocha. Read before you type and you won't look so stupid.
I see spelling correctly isn't required for your employment!
How do you know what his net profit is?
You assume.
If he is showing a mill it is quite a bit more.
Just kidding about the spelling.
The guy that sprays the weed killer on my lawn in the warm months can't spell either.
You should read the notes he makes at the bottom of the invoice.
He has an excuse though,
he sniffs that crappola all day.
How about you?
Hey I live in Nazareth!
Up on Rose Inn Ave
near Mario.
Ann Coulter

Drexel Hill, PA

#59 Dec 10, 2010
agitated wrote:
i am not an employee of turnpike...
Yeah right!!! Who's the phrick?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohrsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domirovitch Skates 6 min East Side Elway 3
I called it 7 min skip the pee pee 18
Erie area economy 27 min Disillusioned Too... 15
OMG Last Day for Sara's!!!!!! 41 min Mike Guy 9
Who Is The "Zugzwang" Carachter?? 46 min Mike Guy 14
East Lake Rd @2:35 Mon thru Fri 49 min Mike Guy 7
Mcdowell 50 min Coach BO 46

Mohrsville News Video

Mohrsville Jobs

Mohrsville People Search