Turnpike Travelers Need To Check Change

Turnpike Travelers Need To Check Change

There are 58 comments on the WFMZ story from Dec 8, 2010, titled Turnpike Travelers Need To Check Change. In it, WFMZ reports that:

WALLACE TWP., Pa. -- Soon, you may have to do some financial planning before hitting the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gew

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2010
Seems like a pocket money maker for collectors to me
mary

Perkasie, PA

#2 Dec 8, 2010
oh ok, now we don't need prices to tell us how much we are paying, you just pay pay pay. You may as well takes the price tag off everything and just let the customer service reps or sales clerks say oh well this is this price and this is that price. I guess we don't need price controls anymore.
FED

Melbourne, FL

#3 Dec 8, 2010
Don't miss PA corrupt turnpike, just another typical PA political ripoff of the taxpayer. The entire commission should be kicked the hell out and turned over to business men to operate.
PPG

Allentown, PA

#4 Dec 8, 2010
This is ridiculous and only makes more work for the commuter. I also get a sense that this is a tactic to persuade travelers toward EZ Pass.
Delays

Nazareth, PA

#5 Dec 8, 2010
I can see the delays as folks have to ask the toll collector how much it costs.
ortsc

Allentown, PA

#6 Dec 8, 2010
Wasn't this road paid off about 30 years ago?
30 year ARMY VETERIAN

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 8, 2010
On your short 1 or 2 toll runs use 20's....
If they complain, say you stopped at MAC because you do not know how much it is and it only gave you 20's
unbelieveable

Slatington, PA

#8 Dec 8, 2010
privatize...
FED

Melbourne, FL

#9 Dec 8, 2010
unbelieveable wrote:
privatize...
This and the State Stores!

Since: Aug 10

Reading, PA

#10 Dec 8, 2010
Lots of people don't have access to the internet at home or might not know how to use it. It will take more time with cars stopping to ask how much the toll is.
Craziness!!
Nile Liszt

Rome, PA

#11 Dec 8, 2010
OK. Call the 866 number every day before your commute and remember to get a printed receipt at your exit. If they run out of printer paper request a hand written receipt. They will change their tune.
Jobagofdonuts

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Dec 8, 2010
Maybe we can get rid of the overpaid cashiers at the toll booths ? That wine everytime there contract is up.. seriously it is 2010.. Do we really need them..
Tokens... Ezpass... lets save some money Pa
IN BED AT 10

Perkasie, PA

#13 Dec 8, 2010
WELL MAYBE SOME ONE ON PENN DOT SHOULD TAKE A PAY CUT
THEY SHOULD JUST SELL THE TURN PIKE AND GET RID OF THE UNIONS THAT ARE KILLING AMERICA
mgr

Lansdale, PA

#14 Dec 8, 2010
IN BED AT 10 wrote:
WELL MAYBE SOME ONE ON PENN DOT SHOULD TAKE A PAY CUT
THEY SHOULD JUST SELL THE TURN PIKE AND GET RID OF THE UNIONS THAT ARE KILLING AMERICA
the unions are not killing america...i guess you must have come out of your companies quarterly "anti-union" propaganda meeting...i am union and i am not getting rich by any means...working for a owner who makes 1 mil a year or better while i do my job for 60k..so go spit in somone elses milk you brainwashed loser
jsteng230

Stroudsburg, PA

#15 Dec 8, 2010
What axxhole thought this up ? The tickets cost too much to print how ridiculous. How about getting rid of some of the dead wood at the top. Any store I can think of puts prices on things this way you know how much money you need. I stay off the turnpike anyway, that road is a out dated piece of crap. Especially for what they charge.
Lehigh Valley

United States

#16 Dec 8, 2010
Jobagofdonuts wrote:
Maybe we can get rid of the overpaid cashiers at the toll booths ? That wine everytime there contract is up.. seriously it is 2010.. Do we really need them..
Tokens... Ezpass... lets save some money Pa
They are Teamsters, so it's probably a given that they make a good salary and have great bennies.
Que

Allentown, PA

#17 Dec 8, 2010
Remember how gov $pendell whined for a tpk toll increase a few years ago... and right after that the tpk employees went on strike.

$pendell made sure that the contract terms were quashed until the whole stink quieted down.

The road needs to be state owned but privately operated by a PA firm free of the bondage of politics and labor.

It's obvious that the tpk is and remains a patronage pit where well connected lawyers, contractors and union bosses work well with both parties when in power to screw the motoring public.
rob h

Hazleton, PA

#18 Dec 8, 2010
I can understand trying to save some money but i can see all its going to create is longer lines at the toll booths at least in the cash lanes ez pass only lanes will be the ticket but this has been one of pa turnpikes things for years was to get everybody to go easy pass!
Bob

Allentown, PA

#19 Dec 8, 2010
mgr wrote:
<quoted text>the unions are not killing america...i guess you must have come out of your companies quarterly "anti-union" propaganda meeting...i am union and i am not getting rich by any means...working for a owner who makes 1 mil a year or better while i do my job for 60k..so go spit in somone elses milk you brainwashed loser
Hmmmmmmm. If you are making 60K a year and your employer is making one million that would mean you are making 6% of his total profits. Not too shabby. What about the people that are making far less then you? They pay the same price for a gallon of gas or loaf of bread as you are.

Don't give me your union crap. Unions ARE killing America and their days are numbered.
local

United States

#20 Dec 9, 2010
These idiots have no problem plastering both the toll tickets and the booths with private for pay advertising.
Is this great new plan to remove a bit of ink from the ticket supposed to save money?
for whom?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohrsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breakwater Restaurant & Bar 11 min West 12th 3
(Bye Bye ) Pirrello (May '17) 18 min MrsBryant20 21
Tom StankieWIZZ takes up the fight for Filippi 34 min FBI Man 11
Waffle House Shooter 52 min mike 9
Wabtec the New GE Erie 1 hr Surgeon General 55
Sue Webr is considering a run! (Oct '14) 1 hr Sues friend 111
Trump Eases Sanctions on Russian Metal Giant 1 hr Unauthorized Tim ... 1

Mohrsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Mohrsville Mortgages