Feds Propose New Cigarette Warnings - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ Allentown

Full story: WFMZ

The Food and Drug Administration wants to go beyond the surgeon general's warning on cigarette packages.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CCS

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Why are they always on the cigarette issue, why not do the same for alcohol too, that kills. How many inocent people were victims of drunk drivers and doesn't that cause liver damage? Instead we have commercials about how good it is. If people want to stop smoking they will. If they do this then lets start putting pictures of the dead people that were killed by drunk drivers on the labels for the bottles.
People do not want the goverment controlling things so they say so why is this ok.
Susan

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Wont make me quit, I will just by a cigg case and call it a day. Sorry govt, you lose again.

When you start putting dead people on booze, aids patients in gay magazines, fat people on sodas, THEN come talk to me. The risk is so minimal with smoking, that I am smart enough to know a brainwashing campaign when see one, and chose to smoke.
whitey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

its real easy to quit, if tobacco companies would stop putting in all the addictive chemicals
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

CCS wrote:
Why are they always on the cigarette issue, why not do the same for alcohol too, that kills. How many inocent people were victims of drunk drivers and doesn't that cause liver damage? Instead we have commercials about how good it is. If people want to stop smoking they will. If they do this then lets start putting pictures of the dead people that were killed by drunk drivers on the labels for the bottles.
People do not want the goverment controlling things so they say so why is this ok.
This forum is about tobacco, not alcohol. If you wish feel free to go to, or start one about alcohol. Thanks in advance for sticking to the subject in the future. 0>:-)
PS/ It's not known if this post will help people keep to the Forums subject, but it's deffently not going to harm any pot-belly pigs.
Kitten

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

If they are going to do that then they should also show pictures of wounded & dead victoms of drunk drivers with beer & liquer ads
Kitten

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

CCS wrote:
LOL...I wrote mine without even looking at any comments
Observer

Womelsdorf, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Susan wrote:
Wont make me quit, I will just by a cigg case and call it a day. Sorry govt, you lose again.
When you start putting dead people on booze, aids patients in gay magazines, fat people on sodas, THEN come talk to me. The risk is so minimal with smoking, that I am smart enough to know a brainwashing campaign when see one, and chose to smoke.
Well, Susan, here's a reason to quit: smoking makes your skin look OLD. Add some sun damage and you'll pass for an old lady at 50.
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

just candid wrote:
<quoted text> This forum is about tobacco, not alcohol. If you wish feel free to go to, or start one about alcohol. Thanks in advance for sticking to the subject in the future. 0>:-)
PS/ It's not known if this post will help people keep to the Forums subject, but it's deffently not going to harm any pot-belly pigs.
If you are going to correct someone, try and figure out that this is a THREAD or a POSTING, not a forum. It's in a forum, dummy.

Since: Aug 10

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Adults know the dangers of smoking and if they choose to smoke thats their problem. I chose not to ever smoke that way I dont have to worry about having trouble quittting.
I have seen so many people sick and suffering from smoking, so if people dont get the message thats their problem.
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

ws w wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to correct someone, try and figure out that this is a THREAD or a POSTING, not a forum. It's in a forum, dummy.
YOU/WE are on a thread making a post. This thread is in a Smoking Form. I understand your confusion and don't think you are a dummy because of it. We all have to live and learn. About anyone who still smokes, well that's a different story. 00>>:-)
PS/ My back yard has 72 million leaces in it. If you question this, feel free to count them yourself.:)
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

just candid wrote:
<quoted text> YOU/WE are on a thread making a post. This thread is in a Smoking Form. I understand your confusion and don't think you are a dummy because of it. We all have to live and learn. About anyone who still smokes, well that's a different story. 00>>:-)
PS/ My back yard has 72 million leaces in it. If you question this, feel free to count them yourself.:)
Wow, you are really stupid. This is not a smoking forum. This is the Topix forum in which threads are posted and commented on. Your ignorance is showing. Again,

A forum is a place to post threads. Threads are what you comment on. Posts are the replies within the threads. It's actually quite simple.

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

ws w wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are really stupid. This is not a smoking forum. This is the Topix forum in which threads are posted and commented on. Your ignorance is showing. Again,
A forum is a place to post threads. Threads are what you comment on. Posts are the replies within the threads. It's actually quite simple.
There is the almighty ws w troll striking again!! Dont listen to anything he says!!
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

Reading Pa Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
There is the almighty ws w troll striking again!! Dont listen to anything he says!!
Hey Reading Trash, you want me to let you alone? Try not to be a hypocrite and keep your comments to yourself. Typical Reading bum. Don't want people to talk bad about them but it's fine to talk bad about others.

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

ws w wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Reading Trash, you want me to let you alone? Try not to be a hypocrite and keep your comments to yourself. Typical Reading bum. Don't want people to talk bad about them but it's fine to talk bad about others.
First of all troll, I am not from Reading, I live there now yes but I wasnt born and raised there. Keep your stupidity to yourself, oh thats impossible cause everytime you open your mouth it shows!!
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Reading Pa Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all troll, I am not from Reading, I live there now yes but I wasnt born and raised there. Keep your stupidity to yourself, oh thats impossible cause everytime you open your mouth it shows!!
And again you reply. Simpleton from Reading. You live there, enough said.
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

"ws w", You are as dumb as half the leaves in my back yard. For your type there's no help. Not even a brain transplant would do you any good.
Have a nice day now.
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

just candid wrote:
"ws w", You are as dumb as half the leaves in my back yard. For your type there's no help. Not even a brain transplant would do you any good.
Have a nice day now.
Thank you for the compliment. I love you too!
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Most riffraff smoke. 0>:-)
ws w

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

just candid wrote:
Most riffraff smoke. 0>:-)
And most people who live in the stone ages still use AOL. What's the matter, can't afford a real connection? LOLOSER.
Mr question

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

ws w wrote:
<quoted text>
And most people who live in the stone ages still use AOL. What's the matter, can't afford a real connection? LOLOSER.
As long as it's around, aol is free for me. I like free. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mohrsville Discussions

Search the Mohrsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prep football players 8 min Goat Cheese 19
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 13 min atomic kneegar 51,183
How Do You Prefer Your Woman's Bush? 19 min Mamas Boy 9
The New Millcreek School District 31 min A Listener 834
I hid an envelope with cash 1 hr OS Riblet 82
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr perseynicolas954 3,802
Mike Holden leaving WJET 3 hr Traci Teudhope 23
•••
•••

Mohrsville News Video

•••
Mohrsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mohrsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000