Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Catholic Forever

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 10, 2014
“Our wise old church...has discovered that if you will act as if you believed belief will be given to you; if you pray with doubt, but pray with sincerity, your doubt will be dispelled; if you will surrender yourself to the beauty of that liturgy the power of which over the human spirit has been proved by the experience of the ages, peace will descend upon you.”
― W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge
Catholic Forever

Erie, PA

#2 Jan 10, 2014
“I used to listen to the monks repeating the Lord's Prayer; I wondered how they could continue to pray without misgiving to their heavenly father to give them their daily bread. Do children beseech their earthly father to give them sustenance? They expect him to do it, they neither feel gratitude to him for doing so nor need to, and we have only blame for a man who brings children into the world that he can't or won't provide for. It seemed to me that if an omnipotent creator was not prepared to provide for his creatures with the necessities, material and spiritual, of existence he'd have done better not to create them.”
― W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge

"The Razors Edge" was both a novel and a great movie. The new version of the movie was 1984, starred Bill Murray. A serious role he played well.
geca

Grove City, PA

#3 Jan 10, 2014
We all need a good dose of Fr Larry Richards. He will set all of you straight
Start living

Erie, PA

#4 Jan 10, 2014
Go out and experience life for your self and stop using other people thoughts and experiences. Especially quoting movies.. For real bro!
Tim Leary

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 10, 2014
Start living wrote:
Go out and experience life for your self and stop using other people thoughts and experiences. Especially quoting movies.. For real bro!
the quotes were from a book, not the movie. Try reading one sometime, bro!
maggot

Dundee, OH

#6 Jan 10, 2014
Start living wrote:
the guy isnt capable of an original thought... just mimics. typical democrat
Tim Leary

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 10, 2014
maggot wrote:
<quoted text>the guy isnt capable of an original thought... just mimics. typical democrat
it is mildly entertaining to hear someone living in their Moms basement tell me I need to experience "real life".:-)
Start living

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 10, 2014
Tim Leary .. Can u read? Says Novel and Movie. Cut and paste!!
Erie life

Erie, PA

#9 Jan 10, 2014
Haha ..people like Leary guy reusing the old " mom basement " and "can you read " come back are getting old on this blog.
snoopy

Edinboro, PA

#10 Jan 10, 2014
Larry Richards is one of the meanest, rudest people I've ever encountered...especially when he screamed at and lost it in front of a bunch preschoolers who were practicing in his precious st joes gym for a xmas show couple years ago!!! What a holy jerk and hypocrite.
Dixon Cider

Dundee, OH

#11 Jan 10, 2014
Erie life wrote:
Haha ..people like Leary guy reusing the old " mom basement " and "can you read " come back are getting old on this blog.
no basement in leary's moms cell.
Factoid

Erie, PA

#12 Jan 10, 2014
snoopy wrote:
Larry Richards is one of the meanest, rudest people I've ever encountered...especially when he screamed at and lost it in front of a bunch preschoolers who were practicing in his precious st joes gym for a xmas show couple years ago!!! What a holy jerk and hypocrite.
What did you do that he had to yell at you? 99% of the time it's the bitchers fault for what they were bitched out about. I'll bet you're a woman too because 99% of the time it's a woman bitching because they were corrected in front of others and embarrassed.
Catholic Lumberjack

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2014
I'm a Catholic, I'm O.K.!:-)
snoopy

Edinboro, PA

#15 Jan 11, 2014
Factoid...I'm a dad and I was watching my kid practice for a xmas show at precious st joes gym from st vincent daycare with the classmates and he lost it like a frickin loon. Very rude. Guess there was "no room at the inn" that afternoon. Just a fact...wasn't trying to offend you...it happened. Just a hunch tho...but I don't think he's the holy roller he claims to be as a priest. Its clergy like that that makes you walk away from the church.
Catholic Lumberjack

United States

#16 Jan 11, 2014
snoopy wrote:
Factoid...I'm a dad and I was watching my kid practice for a xmas show at precious st joes gym from st vincent daycare with the classmates and he lost it like a frickin loon. Very rude. Guess there was "no room at the inn" that afternoon. Just a fact...wasn't trying to offend you...it happened. Just a hunch tho...but I don't think he's the holy roller he claims to be as a priest. Its clergy like that that makes you walk away from the church.
doesn'tbother mein the least. I don't blame yoju for being upset. Most of our local clergy are holdovers from Trautman, including the new bishop. Not to worry. Francis is cleaning house. It will take awhile.
Factoid

Erie, PA

#17 Jan 11, 2014
snoopy wrote:
The Church is full of hypocrites but we always have room for one more - should I put you down for that extra spot? As a side note I'm not one of Fr Larry's groupies or fans. The fact is that all priests are humans and all humans are a-holes at times. But we seem to hold other's to a higher standard than we hold ourselves to---think about it.
Kelly

Erie, PA

#18 Jan 11, 2014
Catholic Lumberjack wrote:
<quoted text>doesn'tbother mein the least. I don't blame yoju for being upset. Most of our local clergy are holdovers from Trautman, including the new bishop. Not to worry. Francis is cleaning house. It will take awhile.
You are a creepy old loser who lives in his mothers basement. You've been rotting there for as long as I've been alive. I don't think you should be posting your ignorant opinions about anything. The only thing you are qualified to talk about is field stone VS cinderblock debate for cellar walls.
Catholic Lumberjack

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2014
Pope Francis is the gold standard from what I hae seen in my lifetime. It makes me appreciate the first comment on this thread.
snoopy

Edinboro, PA

#20 Jan 11, 2014
So stating what actually happened makes me a hypocrite? Or truly stating that the golden boy larry richards was a total jerk to a bunch of little kids makes me a hypocrite? Hypocrite to what the truth? I never said anything to him personally so I turned the other cheek...BUT...I can state the truth without being a hypocrite?
Catholic Lumberjack

United States

#21 Jan 11, 2014
snoopy wrote:
So stating what actually happened makes me a hypocrite? Or truly stating that the golden boy larry richards was a total jerk to a bunch of little kids makes me a hypocrite? Hypocrite to what the truth? I never said anything to him personally so I turned the other cheek...BUT...I can state the truth without being a hypocrite?
Pope Francis recentlyy said that Priests who aren't properly trained can be little monsters".
Sounds like you ran into that first hand

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohrsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 5 min sammy 159
Brenda Sandberg to replace old Ray Schrekengost 35 min Mr Anderson 29
He's Alright!!! 38 min coachjerrys 1
Pride marches in Erie 1 hr doug wilson 25
discuss Ayn Rand quote 2 hr McGurk 4
How not to get Beat Up by the Cops 2 hr McGurk 22
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Obama Defends Mus... 3,924
•••

Mohrsville News Video

•••
•••

Mohrsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mohrsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••