Mohawk resident

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2010
I heard that the Diner might close.There is a sign on the door
(CLOSED MONDAYS).What's up with this?
irregular

New York, NY

#2 Jun 21, 2010
dunno but i do know that Chet's in Herkimer is as of a cupple days ago, "Closed for Improvement -- Will Reopen Soon!"
as a result

Newport, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2010
as a result of Chet's being closed their has been an increase in the overall health of the population of Herkimer
Mohawk resident

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2010
Which diner wood you rate the best in the valley?
Anonymous

Vernon, NY

#5 Jun 26, 2010
Mohawk resident wrote:
Which diner wood you rate the best in the valley?
Crazy Otto's Empire Diner in Herkimer, NY
ilionite

Oriskany Falls, NY

#6 Jun 27, 2010
grandmatojcjc wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy Otto's Empire Diner in Herkimer, NY
rarely have i had a good, sound meal at the Empire. i wish I did. I WANTED to like the place, i really did.

but something is always amiss. the bacon is undercooked. the ham is the cheapest variety available. too much mayo in the chicken salad. eggs overcooked. it's freezing in the winter. the heater doesn't work. one friday the prime rib is surprisingly good, the next time it's horrible. a meal comes out overcooked. no jelly on the table. it's always something. seldom did i walk away saying,'Wow, that was great" therefore i no longer go to the empire, i gave it enough chances.

the salads are poor -- a little iceberg lettuce, basically, in a tiny little bowl for $2.95! blech! where's the imagination!? where's the pride in your product? where's the value?

the consistency at empire is really bad. when its done right it's a good place, but that is rare. the whole operation is sloppy without much attention to detail or customer satisfaction. and the prices are too high -- that's guaranteed.

The Mohawk Diner on the other hand is consistently good. the menu is basic, but the quality and delivery are good. the owner, the staff and patrons are fun. it's a fun place. the prices are great. the food is tasty.

go and enjoy.
dan4790

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jun 27, 2010
i've always had a good meal at crazy otto's. donna's is also agreat place. theirs a little place down in l.f. almost across from the post office which is good too.
Anonymous

Vernon, NY

#8 Jun 29, 2010
I have ate at the Mohawk Diner once and that was enough for me they do not wear gloves when prepairing the food and it was the worst food i have ever had. There is 2 people that works there and no place to sit and its always dirty, but the owner is a nice guy bad location for him.
Mohawk resident

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2010
grandmatojcjc wrote:
I have ate at the Mohawk Diner once and that was enough for me they do not wear gloves when prepairing the food and it was the worst food i have ever had. There is 2 people that works there and no place to sit and its always dirty, but the owner is a nice guy bad location for him.
Try it again in 2 weeks,because he's closeing up and new people
are taking over. It's going to be quite a change to the better.
FRANNY37

Clayton, NY

#10 Jul 23, 2010
Looking forward to that!
Native

United States

#11 Jul 24, 2010
grandmatojcjc wrote:
The problem is not location.If you have great food and good
service, you are willing to travel.Donna's diner is 3 miles
from my home but i'll go there twice a week.I left there yesterday
and there was at the very least,30 cars in the parking lot.That
was at 8:30 in the morning.What's that tell you??
ilionite

Oriskany Falls, NY

#12 Jul 24, 2010
so Milt is getting out? who's taking over?
Native

United States

#13 Jul 25, 2010
ilionite wrote:
so Milt is getting out? who's taking over?
Note Not really sure! My wife and I drove by last week and noticed
them painting the building and cutting the neglected 12 inch grass.
Mohawk resident

United States

#14 Jul 25, 2010
I'm really going miss the garbage language.The
owner loved the F word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HOw's the "Utica Nano Space Shuttle" doing? 2 min ROFLOL 61
How Many SPACE SHUTTLES DID AFRICA MAKE 4 min STILL Z 79
prostitution 11 min Emmeline 23
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 14 min KingAndrewCuomo 10
Local candidate again courting young boys 18 min Can I be coroner 1
They covered it up! 23 min DaveDumbablow Waaaah 8
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 24 min Nuts 8

Mohawk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance