Mohawk Man Arrested For Craigslist Co...

Mohawk Man Arrested For Craigslist Contracting Scam

There are 58 comments on the WIBX-AM Whitesboro story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Mohawk Man Arrested For Craigslist Contracting Scam. In it, WIBX-AM Whitesboro reports that:

New Hartford Police say a Mohawk man is under arrest after accepting money for a roofing job he never started.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIBX-AM Whitesboro.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bad Enough

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Well well well. This kind of crap happens all to often.
tiny tim

New York, NY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
let us just watch the superbowl its will be a great game.u clowns have way to much time on your hands.. get a life and be happy with your self instead of looking for dirty laundry to make u feel better about your self.
Tulips

Minoa, NY

#5 Jan 30, 2013
tiny tim wrote:
let us just watch the superbowl its will be a great game.u clowns have way to much time on your hands.. get a life and be happy with your self instead of looking for dirty laundry to make u feel better about your self.
Go tip toe through your own tulips. We want to trash dishonest people on Topix. It's fun. It's healthy and it serves them right.
Xforce

Fulton, NY

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Well we'll old Joey got caught!!! Every dog has their day!!!!
Curious

Fulton, NY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
What's this guys resl name and what was he exactly doing??
WTF

Athens, PA

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Yes Sir wrote:
Joe Holleran. Read the article.
What article? Where can I find it? I've had his father Dave and crew replace a couple of roofs on my rental properties in the past and didn't have any problems with his work except that I think he charges too much. I believe his son was there working on the roofs with him. WIBX-AM is a radio station, isn't it??
Wdkgj

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Go to wktv.com and read local Mohawk man etc.....
George Bush Master

Cold Brook, NY

#29 Feb 1, 2013
Like Ilion is different. Oh yeah, you guys got the high class joints like Crossways and JDs. excuuuuuuuuse Me !!!!!
wow wrote:
mohawk, toilet of the valley.
again denial

United States

#32 Feb 1, 2013
There u go! Of course u know he is a drug addict however u r in denial of other issues! Keep saying he is great, its the drugs, nothing is ever his fault!! Therego the inderlying issues dad!!!!! U just dont get what uve done to ur son!
Known Family for YEARS

Concord, CA

#33 Feb 1, 2013
Leave Joe alone everyone, everyone has their own skeletons in their own closet and the people on here that just comment about people probably have the worst lives and that is why they spend their time on here all day. Dave-I am a friend of the family and have known you, your wife, your son, and Cass for years, don't worry about replying to these idiots, people that know you guys do truly love you all so don't think that you have to stick up for Joey on here, the real people that know him will understand that mistakes happen, it's the people that throw stones in glass houses that are the problem and get the most satisfaction out of this site. I am sure Joe will learn from this and move on and hopefully get better.
Waaahhhwwagggwah hhh

Ilion, NY

#34 Feb 1, 2013
Blah blah blah just another person to pity him! And no sorry never been arrested nor have I even gotten a ticket of any kind. So much for my skeletons
Shock camp

Ilion, NY

#37 Feb 1, 2013
Still should go jail.
enable

Andover, MA

#38 Feb 1, 2013
You can not honestly believe he just forgot. The article states that person called him repeatedly, di he forget about the phone calls too? I am not goign to bash his character, or talk negatively about him, but that is a cop out and an enabling thing to say. He did something wrong and making excuses for that is just as bad as the act itself. Taking responsibility for your actions, paying the people back (himself, not dad doing it) and owning up to hte mistake will say much more about his cahracter than anyone every can. The more you enable, the more it will continue to happen, I have seen it in so many families where there are drugs involved and it helps no one.
FYI

New York, NY

#42 Feb 1, 2013
Fomer Customer wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you take the money and forget about doing the job? This is not a misunderstanding, it is criminal. Just shows he is not up on the NYS laws for accepting money down or keeping track of his financial records. Stupid contractors. I hope this will make every individual who has put money down and is waiting weeks and/or months to get work done goes after their contractors. They should only be accepting money down when they are about to start the job.
In 2000 I had a $100,000 commercial bussiness building built from the ground up. I did not and would not give the contractor a dime up front or even half way, not one red cent! Two months after the building was complete we settled up. There was a contract in place. My point is any good, or should i say very good contractor doesn't need money up front or half way. They will have excellent credit with their suppliers they shouldn't need your money up front! That is a huge RED FLAG!! FYI my contractor was not the one on this POST i have no experience with them, just thought i'd give a little advice. Good luck, "Buyer Beware!"
Shock camp

Boston, MA

#43 Feb 1, 2013
Um fyi if you are having a building built or anything you best have money up front to buy the materials YOU NEED for them to do your work that you are incapable of doing. Its not their.responsibility to take money out of their pocket to buy materials for your project.
Fomer Customer

New Hartford, NY

#44 Feb 1, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text> In 2000 I had a $100,000 commercial bussiness building built from the ground up. I did not and would not give the contractor a dime up front or even half way, not one red cent! Two months after the building was complete we settled up. There was a contract in place. My point is any good, or should i say very good contractor doesn't need money up front or half way. They will have excellent credit with their suppliers they shouldn't need your money up front! That is a huge RED FLAG!! FYI my contractor was not the one on this POST i have no experience with them, just thought i'd give a little advice. Good luck, "Buyer Beware!"
I have had a great experience with a Marcy contractor who did the same thing with a major project at my house. We settled on the contract, the work was done in a timely manner, then he mailed me the ball which I proptly paid. NO MONEY UP FRONT!!! After this, I will never go back to these a$$e$ that want 30 to 50 percent down then don't start the jobs until you get on their a$$. If you tell me I will not get anyone to do the work without money down, you are lying because there are many excellent ones out there that will do the work.
Disgusted

New Hartford, NY

#45 Feb 1, 2013
Shock camp wrote:
Um fyi if you are having a building built or anything you best have money up front to buy the materials YOU NEED for them to do your work that you are incapable of doing. Its not their.responsibility to take money out of their pocket to buy materials for your project.
Is 50% down a red flag?
homeowerll

Boston, MA

#46 Feb 1, 2013
I have never had a bad experience with contactors ..and I have given 50% down .. You just have to do your homework on them its that simple... And If you live in this valley you already know the good ones from the bad ... now the topix is joe holleran this young men took money and did not do the job period. This is not the first time this young men took money and never did the work. and it will not be his last!!!!9
Listening

New York, NY

#54 Feb 2, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Is 50% down a red flag?
Yes, 50% IS a red flag. It usually means that they do not have good credit based on past practices and performance to pay. Dave Holleran did not have good credit years ago either. He didn't pay his suppliers so he had to pay cash. Where'd the cash come from> From the customers who were willing to give him 50% up front. This IS a red flag.
Bad contractors

Holyoke, MA

#55 Feb 2, 2013
Listening wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, 50% IS a red flag. It usually means that they do not have good credit based on past practices and performance to pay. Dave Holleran did not have good credit years ago either. He didn't pay his suppliers so he had to pay cash. Where'd the cash come from> From the customers who were willing to give him 50% up front. This IS a red flag.
50% is not a red flag it protects contractors from not losing when you home owner do not what to pay this is why you have a signed contract to protect yourself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GLORY DAYS----DO NOT GO there 16 min THE REAL ROCKER 1
Words of wisdom from the REAL PEZ 21 min THE REAL ROCKER 13
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) 22 min North Country bus... 89
Claudia Tenney is a disappointment 26 min Stay Tuned 37
Wells , Cuomo and Hillary 30 min Stay Tuned 2
Fake Marcy "Nano COmpanies" getting sunpoenad b... 32 min House of Cards 32
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 33 min Latest Info 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mohawk Mortgages