Small Town Shocked By Gang Violence

Small Town Shocked By Gang Violence

There are 5 comments on the KMGH-TV Denver story from Sep 9, 2007, titled Small Town Shocked By Gang Violence. In it, KMGH-TV Denver reports that:

The small community of LaPorte, Colorado, is reacting with shock to what police said may be gang-related violence after one person was killed and another stabbed outside a liquor store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMGH-TV Denver.

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2007
Good God, Channel 7, where have you been??!! There has been an escalating gang problem in Laporte for at least the past 5 years. My daughter goes to school there. I've lived in the area for 20 years. We have supper at Laporte Pizza (in the daylight). I buy my lottery tickets at the Branding Iron (in whose parking lot the shooting took place). My veterinarians are in the plaza at the traffic light. I KNOW THIS AREA. The local law enforcement needs to CRACK DOWN!!!!!!!!!! Get the d*mn trailer parks out at 2025 North College and 4220 WCR54G. The "problem" will be greatly alleviated. Check the Larimer County Sheriff's Department daily reports if you don't believe me.
The Good Fight

Columbia, MO

#2 Sep 29, 2007
I think that maybe the biggest problem is a lack of tough school administration at CLP Jr. High before Williams took control. Under the old Ed Crockett era there was much more discipline. I also feel that our sleepy town needs to run out the gangs. Don't shop at Hardware Hanks and help run out the Thompsons who are the ring leaders behind all of the gang activity.

United States

#3 Sep 27, 2011
LPP for life

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Oct 20, 2011
How sad. I was thinking of moving to colorado as inthink it's a beautiful state. I believe I need to reconsider
this is insane

Moss Point, MS

#5 Apr 5, 2012
Are there really gangs I think they are just high school kids who have not grown up. i own out there and plan on moving there. I hope things get better before I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moffat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ride a mountain train to some of Colorado's bes... Jul '16 Jill Johnson 1
News Missing Man's Family Hires Private Investigator (Apr '09) Jun '16 Out 57
Will Muslim men Blow on a Gork, Ask the Pinhead May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Pedophile clergy??? Tell the Pinhead May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
Crestone the spiritual city in the clowds May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Vote Trump May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Looking for a psychic that lived in Crestone Co... (Dec '10) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 4

Moffat Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moffat Mortgages