Why do people let their dogs bark?

Why do people let their dogs bark?

Posted in the Modesto Forum

Modesto, CA

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Really, why? Don't they hear the noise? The woman behind us has two dogs. They bark day and night and it's just a nightmare. We've tried talking to her, and there just is no reasoning with her. She is absolutely psycho and just unleashes a torrent of profanity and verbal abuse.

Her son (poor kid) is a bit nicer, but he's lazy and won't get off the sofa and let the dogs in. What is wrong with people like this? No consideration at all for anyone else. The worst part is most of the time when the dogs are being a nuisance, these people are home. How can they not hear it and how can they think it's ok to disturb their neighbors like this?

They say they care about the dogs, which is bs. If they're so concerned, why are the poor neglected critters outside in the cold and broiling heat, barking for hours on end? These people shouldn't even be allowed to have a dog.

United States

#2 Jul 31, 2012
I'm 110% with you on your argument. I don't know you, but I feel for the situation. Best bet, is to call the police for noise ordinance violation. Assuming its after hours after.(10 p.m. I believe.) i understand its a smaller issue for them to get involved in and I know MPD has their work cut out for them, but once they start receiving these calls in volume, the city will get involved and will fine them for the infractions. Once they receive more than 3 calls, is when I believe, action starts taking affect.
Its a shame people like that are allowed to own animals..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need employment ASAP! Wed Kent S 1
Birgit Fladager sued for libel and defamation... Wed KeS 5
News $1.8 million mosque rising at Islamic Center in... (Feb '14) Nov 22 HILDA BREAK 49
susan bender missing since 1986 (Jan '11) Nov 18 sarah chupco 11
Jonathan J. Raymond of Stanislaus County Distri... Nov 14 KeS 3
News Modesto's Calvary Temple Academy To Close (Jun '08) Nov 14 KeS 35
News Police Write Ordinance for City Council that Cr... (Jun '12) Nov 10 IEJohn 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Modesto Mortgages