Foster Farms comes out on top in crea...

Foster Farms comes out on top in creamery bid

There are 43 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Aug 12, 2009, titled Foster Farms comes out on top in creamery bid. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Foster Farms Dairy of Modesto was the winning bidder for the main part of Humboldt Creamery's business in a bankruptcy court auction Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yikes

Enid, OK

#1 Aug 12, 2009
does this mean no more tasty humboldt creamery milk?
CJ Saint CLaire

Eureka, CA

#2 Aug 12, 2009
Rich Ghilarducci = failure!
reader

Hayward, CA

#3 Aug 12, 2009
First move by new management: Fire the existing management immediatly. Justice served.
fortuna

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Aug 12, 2009
"A bankruptcy court judge was expected to approve or deny Foster Farms' bid today."

the bid will be denied
Mike

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Aug 12, 2009
Good Lord! Give it a rest! Talk about beating a dead horse!
producer

Eureka, CA

#6 Aug 12, 2009
Our hope is now that this is over, we can move on and continue to produce the quality milk that Humboldt Creamery is known for. As a move of good faith we hope the new management does clean house and fire all existing management. DFA's contract with Fosters is for 5 years, hope the creamery is left open longer than that.
layed off employee

Eureka, CA

#7 Aug 12, 2009
I wonder if all the layed off employees are going to be hired back there running a skeleton crew.
revenue

Eureka, CA

#10 Aug 12, 2009
Cesar Chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
They do as they are told, work hard, and don't steal from the company
I agree.
san joaquin valley girl

Tracy, CA

#11 Aug 12, 2009
Thank goodness for Foster Farms. This isn't anything to joke about as far as the workers are concerned. Who do you think has been processing the milk and ice cream, etc. that you claim to like so much because it is locsal?
Someone who cares

Sonoma, CA

#12 Aug 12, 2009
San Joaquin Valley girl-are you crazy. Some of us don't see this as a good thing at all. Another local company down the tubes. And what is going to happen to all the employees who are sticking this thing out! I hope they ALL have a job when this is all said and done.
Save the Humans

United States

#13 Aug 12, 2009
So people will buy "local" milk and the profits go to a corporate giant. Where does that money go? I am disappointed but not surprised that the local farmers couldn't come up with a winning bid. I hope that the farmers who work so hard will benefit from this new management.
Does anyone know where Fosters keeps their money?
Anon

Eureka, CA

#14 Aug 12, 2009
san joaquin valley girl wrote:
Thank goodness for Foster Farms. This isn't anything to joke about as far as the workers are concerned. Who do you think has been processing the milk and ice cream, etc. that you claim to like so much because it is locsal?
Who's joking? Nobody wants to see a local business fail, escpecially because of a greedy, corrupt manager. I hope this new deal is successful for everyone.
Anonyme

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2009
Save the Humans wrote:
Does anyone know where Fosters keeps their money?
In their Udder Wallet...
Sure But

Eureka, CA

#16 Aug 12, 2009
Sure, it would have been nice for a local company to purchase the Creamery. But no one came forward to do that. There are many reasons; the economy, the past practices of HCA, etc. Sure, no one likes the fact that the profits will be going out to the area. But the past practice of keeping it "local" didn't help the employees, the producers, or our economy.
Hopefully most employees will retain their jobs...but we all know there will be changes. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.
san joaquin valley girl

Whitethorn, CA

#17 Aug 12, 2009
I am not crasy. My daughter has been a manager in another one of their industry for over 10 years and nobody treats their people better than Foster Farms.
Middle-o-the-roa d

United States

#18 Aug 12, 2009
Someone who cares wrote:
San Joaquin Valley girl-are you crazy. Some of us don't see this as a good thing at all. Another local company down the tubes. And what is going to happen to all the employees who are sticking this thing out! I hope they ALL have a job when this is all said and done.
You didn't finish the sentence, it should have been "Another local company down the tubes because those running the company are/were thieves".

I can't wait for the other shoe to drop so those responsible get to bunk with "bubba".
john mann

Palo Cedro, CA

#19 Aug 12, 2009
well i hope the vevoda family is happy mybe they can start to bitch about dfa and foster farms now the dairypeople were their own worst enemey because they could have bought it back o well you reap what you sew
john mann

Palo Cedro, CA

#20 Aug 12, 2009
san joaquin valley girl wrote:
I am not crasy. My daughter has been a manager in another one of their industry for over 10 years and nobody treats tsheir people better than Foster Farms.
so whats your point does she have a family to support
what now

Eureka, CA

#21 Aug 12, 2009
well i hope the vevoda family is happy mybe they can start to **** about dfa and foster farms now the dairypeople were their own worst enemey because "they could have bought it back" o well you reap what you sew

Maybe they couldn't buy it back because of the money they lost with HCA. The local producers didn't step up to "buy it back". They don't have the money!!
san joaquin valley girl

Whitethorn, CA

#22 Aug 12, 2009
I don't understand what you mean John Mann. Most adults do have to support families in some way. How about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Linda Ronstadt gained fame with pop songs, but ... (Nov '08) Jul 26 Ted 8
News Police Write Ordinance for City Council that Cr... (Jun '12) Jul 22 Riverbank resident 5
TE Cable Service (Jan '06) Jul 21 KeS 2
News In brief: Higher tax rates kick in for Greece -... Jul 20 Eleanor 1
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) Jul 14 spt54 103
News Man, woman discovered dead inside Modesto house (Sep '08) Jul 12 BeenMobbin 12
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Jul 9 TellItLikeItIs 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Modesto Mortgages