California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
McMansions

Covina, CA

#4348 Mar 5, 2013
Another dictator has bitten the dust, long live the next ruker.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4349 Mar 5, 2013
eddiep wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the stores in the San Diego area use biodegradable bags that I know of. No bag has any markings suggesting it is biodegradable. They do however suggest you participate in a recycling program...???
eddiep.

The reason, perhaps, that the US lacks the technological skills to produce easily biodegradable grocery bags is because of Big Government school policies of dumbing down Government schools to the level of the lowest common denominator.

In more technologically advanced nations, easily biodegradable plastic grocery bags have been manufactured for years. Here is a link to only one of many thousands of non-US based manufacturers of materials that are used in the manufacture of easily biodegradable (Lowenthal harassment tax-free) grocery bags:

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ck5qywu

Ronald
ATTENTION

United States

#4350 Mar 5, 2013
What happened with morning sky school up the 74 in mountain center ? I was there back in 96 and remember there being ah old ma n pop store across the street called bruce n vals
DSA

Sacramento, CA

#4351 Mar 5, 2013
If they are serious, paper bags would
solve the problem, WITHOUT having to
charge us for them.
It only looks to me like another
scheme to get more money out of us.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4352 Mar 5, 2013
DSA wrote:
If they are serious, paper bags would
solve the problem, WITHOUT having to
charge us for them.
It only looks to me like another
scheme to get more money out of us.
DSA.

You are right, of course. When this crowd of taxpayer supported looneys began this scam to enhance the bottom line of their protected unionized BIG FOOD pals, they used the Government licensed "news" media to promote the idea that food eaters who used healthful plastic bags to carry their overpriced groceries to their humble overtaxed homes would save our friends, the trees.

Ronald
McMansions

Covina, CA

#4353 Mar 5, 2013
Clean Wat Act, says you have too!

Or pay a $10,000.00 per violation fine.
Klaus Schubauer

Sonoma, CA

#4354 Mar 6, 2013
This is undescored by the comment suggesting that the Holy Father was deposed because he was coming out and in favor of the American Teaparty and arming everyone with sidearms and even gays and some lesbian and transgenders if they agreed to modest dress and reuseable bags. This was apparently after meeting with 2 wealthy brothers who are important enough to get a secret audience and after they showed His Holiness some kind of secret video that he was told would not be shown. What can this mean?
Rain

Covina, CA

#4355 Mar 6, 2013
It's just ducky out here in the rain?
linda ww

Sonoma, CA

#4356 Mar 7, 2013
Klaus Schubauer wrote:
This is undescored by the comment suggesting that the Holy Father was deposed because he was coming out and in favor of the American Teaparty and arming everyone with sidearms and even gays and some lesbian and transgenders if they agreed to modest dress and reuseable bags. This was apparently after meeting with 2 wealthy brothers who are important enough to get a secret audience and after they showed His Holiness some kind of secret video that he was told would not be shown. What can this mean?
Deposed? RU nutz? He is still in business and ordeering new white dresses as we speak. Does he really like guns? Depends upon who shows.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

#4358 Mar 7, 2013
Personally I don't care what they do with the Glednora, California Taco Bell as long as the employees are taken care of however, I am beginning to find the ad at the top of the page for Dominance by Equinox a bit distracting.

The idea of a naked man being mounted by a woman in panties and a bra and ridden across a Glendora Patch cracks me up.
Fran Bob

Sonoma, CA

#4359 Mar 9, 2013
`
tHere is some problem with the N koreans. they are getting mad because the bags that we now use could be coming from there and if we dont use the bags then what happens to them? they end up with a huge lot of bags and then what do they do? They dont know either what to do with all of the bags that might pile up if this were to happen and so everybody is upset because of some bags that arent there. tEAparty for you and me and the n. koraens.
ProUnPhased

Covina, CA

#4360 Mar 9, 2013
An article in the SGVExaminer.com newspaper, page B3 February 14 - 20, 2013
Glendora, California.
Penned by Robert Sundance.
Helps explain how and why small time police chiefs of small towns are and have become boot-lickers to the political connected and city council member's.
Physical assaults against senior citizen's by city council member's are swept under the rug and or table, reports gets lost etc. What did you say Gene Murabito or Douglas Tessitor?
Why is it the blind eye is turned towards a illegal act by one of the politically connected and or J-walkers are roughed up and charged with felonies etc.
Glendora, California news release 2013.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4361 Mar 9, 2013
Fran Bob wrote:
`
tHere is some problem with the N koreans. they are getting mad because the bags that we now use could be coming from there and if we dont use the bags then what happens to them? they end up with a huge lot of bags and then what do they do? They dont know either what to do with all of the bags that might pile up if this were to happen and so everybody is upset because of some bags that arent there. tEAparty for you and me and the n. koraens.
Fran Bob.

Our North Korean friends are a clever lot. They are developing intercontinental ballistic missiles that are capable of hitting the US mainland. They know Big Government's knee-jerk reaction is to assume these missiles are being developed to carry atomic bombs. The fact is, though, that our wily adversaries are intending them to carry an even more deadly payload - plastic grocery bags. It is likely the first target will be revolutionary controlled Long Beach. Thousands will be killed - including our friends - the fish.

Ronald
Mela Ramberger

Sonoma, CA

#4362 Mar 9, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Fran Bob.
Our North Korean friends are a clever lot. They are developing intercontinental ballistic missiles that are capable of hitting the US mainland. They know Big Government's knee-jerk reaction is to assume these missiles are being developed to carry atomic bombs. The fact is, though, that our wily adversaries are intending them to carry an even more deadly payload - plastic grocery bags. It is likely the first target will be revolutionary controlled Long Beach. Thousands will be killed - including our friends - the fish.
Ronald
My instinxts tell me that this is true about the missiles and that the real payload will be MORE illegal aliens and queers and non-neutered pets of all types and stripes. The missile will land and people will gather to lookee and the aliens jump out and sell tacos or baloons or falafel or whatever the north koreans sell from missiles and then they will blend into the crowd and have money from the sales and no taxes will have been collected and no returns allowed or regulations imposed and they will run everything in three years or sooner or later and then we will all wish we ahd joined the teeparty and had weapons on our persons to test fire when we dont know where the food truck is from or what they are really after.
Dgvluna

San Marcos, CA

#4363 Mar 9, 2013
Third world countrie stores dont provide bags, bring your own is the policie, we are just spoiled, costci doesnt provide bags and you pay for membrship. Bringing your own bag is big deal, hiw long does it take the bag to degrade
Slipped

Covina, CA

#4364 Mar 9, 2013
There's the only reason.
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

#4366 Mar 9, 2013
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
They cost more to produce.
Boris the pedophile

Fitchburg, MA

#4368 Mar 9, 2013
Wickedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Boris was your friend. Is he really a pedophile? That is sick. What did the others at the station say about this fact? Wow, this is big news, huh?

Does his wife and kids know yet? They searched his media phone huh? Are they still allowing him to stay on the force?
Boris the pedophile

Fitchburg, MA

#4371 Mar 9, 2013
Wickedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of site is this? This is where you hang out chatting? Dude, they are pedophiles!

How can we get an A bomb so we can get them all in one chat room!
Idsdsd

Covina, CA

#4374 Mar 9, 2013
I hear tell any racists is welcome to post their Crampon bull in the sgvexaminer.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Charlie's Market Wed hyggbnn 1
Hearing aids (Dec '13) Dec 12 Pavlos Lombardi 4
Obamaa s Action on Immigration Praised in Modesto Dec 3 stell88 1
Bodies found in burned car (Sep '11) Nov 25 Ugiftedgirl 36
1980's Restaurant; Rax or Arbies? (Jul '06) Nov 23 xsturgeonx 3
Turlock candidate has long history in Stanislau... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Joe 6
Walmart in Oakdale? (Aug '07) Nov '14 Riverbank resident 13
Modesto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web