Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,181 - 183,200 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
Hoikers

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Got rid of those "fork Hoikers" those nasty tweeters on drugs.

Now it's the tweakers on religion.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I will check this out, for we have a greek and hebrew dictionary. We do feel that Romans Chapter 1 makes it very clear about homsexuality. These are the verses that we use most of the time. What would be your interpertation of these verses in Romans? We look up greek and hebrew words quite often. We do know that God did not create homosexuals & he would not of created anything that was not perfect. We believe that it is man's sins from the beginning that started sin no matter what it is. Somebody told me earlier that God made homosexuals and I said then, God would have made women to have abortions, children born blind or no limbs. I know personally that there was a medicine that women were taking when they were pregnant many years ago and it was for nausea and I did not take it myself when I was pregnant, but lots of babies were born without limbs. So did God create that? Absolutely Not. This was man's doing. We believe that God created everything perfect and then because of sin, man did sins as time went on and diseases and illnesses came along because of sin and we both know the diseases of homosexuality. I did a research on the second world war and they came up with 9 diseases with homosexuals only. I wrote some material awhile back about this subject. Also, man was so wicked during the time of Sodom and Gomorrah that God destroyed both of those cities. The word sodomy came from Sodom and we know what that means. Anyway thats for your information and we will do our research.
I will not be writing back any individuals from now on. I will write my comments on the forum. It is causing to much confusion and I do not to direct anything that I write to any certain person. There is so much bad language, personal attacks and things that are so bad that in our opinion, we have never witnessed anything like this forum. I write alot of letters to alot of forums from time to
Damn you are dumb. You sound like someone that dropped out of middle school, got pregnant and married before 18, found Jesus through a tent revival and now think you hold a PHD in biology, cultural history and language arts. You sound like a child, and you display the knowledge of a child.

The only confusion you are experiencing is the realization that you don't know what the hell you are talking about and others do, and you can't deal with it. It's called a fundie meltdown.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and you also sound like a huge Cry Baby.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking!! I love it when fundamentalists always speak about how gays want their children. Yet there is not one person on the planet that has ever said, "yes I'm gay because I was recruited". It's so stupid. Yet I can find you 30 websites in a matter of moments, all created and run by fundamentalist Christian organizations, that will all still promote the idea that recruitment exists!! I can't imagine having a life built on a platform of lies. It would be like being in the closet again. Terrible. Fundamentalists are in their own closets. I feel sorry for them.
OK! Do it. Chop chop. Fetch. Remember! You only have moments. And we want 30, not 29.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
Oh, and you also sound like a huge Cry Baby.
That's rich coming from you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I exercised my right to ignore a gay troll whose brain fell out a reamed a//hole.
Your obsession with a//holes is very creepy. Ever notice that it is only fundies like yourself talking about them all the time? Reaming? My, you sure to seem to know a lot about how ass sex works. The Lady Kirschmann doth protest too much.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not trying to rip you argument apart, I am letting you know that I have absolutely zero concern about something you worry about a lot.( shrug )...
You are concerned enough to compose a post to tell him you have "absolutely no concern..."

Priceless!
Hoikers

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

We got no Frankie whistles left, they were taken away as a 'bio-hazard."

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Hoikers wrote:
We got no Frankie whistles left, they were taken away as a 'bio-hazard."
Always encouraging to be singled out by the master troll. Shows I'm effective. Thanks for your continued feedback.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Blatantly untrue as usual. The APA knowingly uses clearly fraudulent and unscientific studies while ignoring a study that is the largest and most scientific to date.
Fairy tale time again!!

Feel free to present APA studies and demonstrate the fraudulency and expose where science has been distorted!! Get right on that. When you do, be sure and present all the numerous other studies that basically reach the same conclusion as the APAs!!!

I love that idiots like you actually think that anyone above a 6th grade education would believe that an organization as large and respected as the APA would risk their credibility in order to promote your mythical "gay agenda"!!!!! You are so f*cking stupid Greggie!!!! LOL!!!!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, they ignored clear medical science to support inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex.
Your obsession over anal sex is creepy. Secondly, medical doctors would never state that a sexual practice was "demeaning". This is a judgment only, and it's yours. It's as irrelevant as all your other made up bullshyt!!! And you will not find medical research that states that anal sex is inherently unhealthy or harmful. You lie. A lot.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You trumpet putting children in that deceitful and unnatural situation.
And yet none of the children raised in gay headed households will concur with that. And guess what, they know better than you. More irrelevant and unsupported judgment from the fantasy land of KiMare's head!!!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. You compare worst case situations to justify putting children with ss couples.
No dear, worst case situations would be children being raised by lying, hypocritical bigots like yourself. Can't imagine how horrible that would be for a child.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And sadly, especially for the child, that is the best you can offer.
Sadly, none of the hundreds of thousands of children being raised in gay headed households would concur. You lose again.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If your concern was for the child's best interest, you would fervently be arguing for the best case scenario.
We already are. But mindless slugs like yourself keep trying to prevent children from being given loving and supportive homes. You don't care about children at all. You're a despicable hypocrite. Nasty and vile to the core. Ugly.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your motivation is clearly not the best interests of the child.
And yet none of the hundreds of thousands of children already raised by gay parents would agree with you. Know who else doesn't agree with you silly bitch?

American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychoanalytic Association
National Association of Social Workers
Child Welfare League of America
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Canadian Psychological Association

LOL!!!! Smile Greggie!! You've just been spanked. Again. But do rush back with any of the supposedly fraudulent studies you mention and dissect them for us!!! We'd love to watch the meltdown!!!!

My guess is instead, you will cowardly ignore doing so and revert back to one of your other nonsensical talking points!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
The fact remains;
In EIGHT THOUSAND years of human history, not one SINGLE culture accepted ss couples as married from start to finish.
Common sense told billions of people and every single culture that ss couples do not equate to marriage. They could simply SEE the difference. They understood the unnaturalness of gay sex, a violation of nature. They were smart enough to know that a barren duplicate gendered couple was not marriage.
Fact remains;
Historical context is the argument of fools!!! Always has been, always will be.

Now you just go to your corner and pout about the fact that just because something hasn't been done before, that that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done now!!!!!! Whether something was done in the past will always and forever be COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusions of grandeur--"I know better than the entire American Psychiatric Association"
Histrionic characteristics--"Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy, and demeaning" (even though millions of gay and straight people engage in it regularly without experiencing any of these issues).
Denial and generalization--"All gay parents are unable to provide adequate environments to raise children. All straight couples provide a better environment than any other parent combination."
----------
You keep showing your cards...
He is the epitome of a DOLT!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I made no such assertion. I simply and accurately pointed out the duplicity of the APA.
No, you made an accusation. One you can't support. One you hope that no one will question, because once they do, you can't support yourself.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. As noted many times before, simple common sense says who engages in a harmful behavior does not change it's consequences.
And simple common sense notes that stating something is harmful doesn't make it so. As always, you are completely unable to support your statement. And everyone knows what a liar you are!!!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
3. I made no such assertion. That is why you lied about quoting me.
The one showing their cards is you.
You make no assertions whatsoever. You just make shyt up and then think by expressing it that it magically becomes truth. Those of us that don't live in your fairy tale land just make sure to point out how wrong you are. Sorry you don't like that.

VV was right. It is you showing your cards, and they all have rips and tears.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains;
Now you just go to your corner and pout about the fact that just because something hasn't been done before, that that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done now!!!!!! Whether something was done in the past will always and forever be COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!
Yep, just because something was true in the past, does not make it a good thing.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn you are dumb. You sound like someone that dropped out of middle school, got pregnant and married before 18, found Jesus through a tent revival and now think you hold a PHD in biology, cultural history and language arts. You sound like a child, and you display the knowledge of a child.
The only confusion you are experiencing is the realization that you don't know what the hell you are talking about and others do, and you can't deal with it. It's called a fundie meltdown.
I can't imagine going up to a handicap kid and telling him it's because of sin in his genealogy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairy tale time again!!
Feel free to present APA studies and demonstrate the fraudulency and expose where science has been distorted!! Get right on that. When you do, be sure and present all the numerous other studies that basically reach the same conclusion as the APAs!!!
I love that idiots like you actually think that anyone above a 6th grade education would believe that an organization as large and respected as the APA would risk their credibility in order to promote your mythical "gay agenda"!!!!! You are so f*cking stupid Greggie!!!! LOL!!!!
<quoted text>
Your obsession over anal sex is creepy. Secondly, medical doctors would never state that a sexual practice was "demeaning". This is a judgment only, and it's yours. It's as irrelevant as all your other made up bullshyt!!! And you will not find medical research that states that anal sex is inherently unhealthy or harmful. You lie. A lot.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the children raised in gay headed households will concur with that. And guess what, they know better than you. More irrelevant and unsupported judgment from the fantasy land of KiMare's head!!!
<quoted text>
No dear, worst case situations would be children being raised by lying, hypocritical bigots like yourself. Can't imagine how horrible that would be for a child.
<quoted text>
Sadly, none of the hundreds of thousands of children being raised in gay headed households would concur. You lose again.
<quoted text>
We already are. But mindless slugs like yourself keep trying to prevent children from being given loving and supportive homes. You don't care about children at all. You're a despicable hypocrite. Nasty and vile to the core. Ugly.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the hundreds of thousands of children already raised by gay parents would agree with you. Know who else doesn't agree with you silly bitch?
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychoanalytic Association
National Association of Social Workers
Child Welfare League of America
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Canadian Psychological Association
LOL!!!! Smile Greggie!! You've just been spanked. Again. But do rush back with any of the supposedly fraudulent studies you mention and dissect them for us!!! We'd love to watch the meltdown!!!!
My guess is instead, you will cowardly ignore doing so and revert back to one of your other nonsensical talking points!!!
Wow! Hysterical much?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains;
Relax fruitloops. You're screaming.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the epitome of a DOLT!!
Yeah. That's our Big D alright!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just because something was true in the past, does not make it a good thing.
Or a bad thing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...VV was right. It is you showing your cards, and they all have rips and tears.
Yours are wilted and floppy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family 11 hr Baby Girl 1
Judge John D. Freeland is wrong! (Dec '13) 15 hr justice 4
I am a multi millionaire (Aug '13) 15 hr KeS 11
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr Donny B 7,922
Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Tue KeS 2
to the young girl selling tamales at winco (Feb '10) Tue KeS 100
Homeless Modesto Men Headed for Trial (Apr '08) Tue KeS 25
•••
•••
•••