Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,781 - 176,800 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 22 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Never said I was, but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, good for you.
Enough of your great big war hero schtick for now, Jizzy. We'll get back to that later.

Let's get on topic. Why do you use religion as an argument against polygamy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
"Act brave. No-one will know the difference".
LOL
Yeah. I fooled them good. Good thing my sphincter was tightly clenched.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I fooled them good. Good thing my sphincter was tightly clenched.
:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link.
If she DID have her head screwed on right, LOL, she'd not have enlisted.....
But, if one can't back the plan, back the (wo)man...
But, she does have a good head on those tiny shoulders. 5 ft tall 115 lbs, outdoing about 80% of her fellows.
Little tiger...
I have no regrets about my service. It made me a man, gave me a sense of pride, provided real adventure and offered me the GI bill which I used to get an M.S. in geology which resulted in a great career and comfortable retirement.

My grandfather, father, all my uncles and my son all saw combat in various US wars.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
:-D
That's another bit of advice Tuffy gave me. Keep it tight. On the front and in the rear.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Its not my fault that you can not understand how laws are made in this country. I guess that's what happends when you don't finish the 6 th grade. Hey try a community school in your area.
But you say polygamy shouldn't be allowed because of religion. Please elaborate. Why do you base your decisions on who deserves marriage equality on religion?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Where is the logic in defending monogamous marriage when several states have already abandoned the notion that monogamous heterosexual marriage is essential to social stability?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Stop picking your butt, and read what has been posted. Or google religion and US laws.
Fair dodge, but still a dodge. I guess you won't or can't explain why you use religion against marriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You find it difficult to remember to take a breath
No I don't. What a dopey post. Stop making a fool of yourself and tell us why you are a hypocrite.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Real love and real truth go hand in hand. They are always united. You keep trying to claim love by denying the truth. You end up with neither.
Reality does not belong to you. It is not yours to create. It simply is.
You confuse your changing ignorance with reality changing.
The reality is, the sky is different because of different conditions. The reality is, you like males because you are homosexual.
A person's knowledge, honesty and wisdom determine how accurately they perceive truth and reality.
The reality of the sky didn't change when you went to Arizona, your understanding did.
You demand that the reality of marriage change. I simply point out that a SCOTUS ruling didn't grow a vagina on one gay partner, nor did it make them capable of mutual procreation, nor did it equate them to the diverse union of genders.
You react to my stating those things, when it is reality that you should be angry at. It is reality rejecting your demands.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I refuse to redefine truth, facts and reality. If that is being obtuse, so be it.
However, I would suggest you have taken one of the most idiotic politically correct coined phrases and repeated it without logical discretion.
A person's perceptions determining how well they have addressed their blind spots.
If your view were truth, there would be no half-truths.
But even you don't really believe what you say. That is why you angrily debate me on here.
How hysterical...

So, if I "angrily debate you" because I don't believe what I'm saying, then you must not believe what you say because you angrily debate me.

See how stupid that sounds?

Bottom line, your truth is not universal to everyone. My truth is not universal to everyone either.

Either you get it or you don't.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Its not my fault that you can not understand how laws are made in this country. I guess that's what happends when you don't finish the 6 th grade. Hey try a community school in your area.
But I did finish the 6th grade. And the 7,8,9,10,11,12th and college and graduate school. How about yourself?
Really

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Lol
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>WE as a Nation, that being The Untied States of America, do not pass laws based upon religion. Its in the Constitution. Keep up will ya.
But that has been your argument against polygamy. You say it shouldn't be allowed because people in some religions practice it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>All that time in school, and you never learned how our laws are made. Ask for a refund.
Quit dodging and tell us why you are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>All that time in school, and you never learned how our laws are made. Ask for a refund.
Guess you're not going to tell us which grade you dropped out of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Let's play "I'm not Jizzy" with Jizzy today! That was fun last time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>What ever floats your boat
Great argument you've got there. Face it, you're a moron.
Meeee

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Obviously the government does not represent the people.
SanBox

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite.
Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

This pop up warning is BULL, since my post is very tame compared tot eh racist insults and etc. this so called moderator allows to be posted.

Another day at the race track.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Modesto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Modesto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Modesto News, Events & Info