Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Edgar

Spring, TX

#188256 Apr 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'We'? Is that the voice in your head and you?
WE don't think you are funny (the trapped lesbian and the straight man).
Snicker.
So not only are you delusional, you're also mentally curved on off-topic, insignificant technicalities and endeavoring to come up with random, sporadic, and incoherent insults. Congratulations. In the art of legitimate debate, you don't even qualify for a tumblr-esque "you tried" gold star sticker. That's how petty your argument is.

"Snicker."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188257 Apr 12, 2013
Across The Pond wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny! We kind of thought the very same about you with every post you write! Funny guy but not the ha ha kind of funny! The delusional kind of funny!
You're both kinds of funny Bill. Funny haha and "funny" as in frikkin crazy-silly!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188258 Apr 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Across the pond? You don't say mate.'Ello guv nah. Jolly good bloke that Pietro is...quite humorous. My condolences for Mrs Thatcher.
Bill's in Livermore the silly bastid! He thinks he's British because he's "funny" and I don't mean haha!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188259 Apr 12, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
So not only are you delusional, you're also mentally curved on off-topic, insignificant technicalities and endeavoring to come up with random, sporadic, and incoherent insults. Congratulations. In the art of legitimate debate, you don't even qualify for a tumblr-esque "you tried" gold star sticker. That's how petty your argument is.
"Snicker."
Backatcha!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188261 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Call your caregiver, you smell.
Don't have or need one.

Must be neat for you though Jizzy, have someone wipe you and powder you when you make a big stinky mess of yourself.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#188262 Apr 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not the right thing to do, and who cares if they come out of the closet, or not? I will tell you what we get, when they emerge, shall I? Public radio broadcasts about "semen cocktails", we get "Main Street" closed off, for a dildo parade. We get public schools, programming the idea that SSSB is perfectly normal, when it, plainly, is not. Among other indecencies. There will be plenty more of these.
There are nice straight people, and there are nasty straight people.
There are nice gay people and there are nasty gay people.
Why punish the good gay people by not letting them marry?
What is needed is censorship of TV programs. Some of the straight "love scenes" are very disturbing.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188263 Apr 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Incest isn't a disorder, until the familial relationship is discovered, then it is a disorder?
You are going to use that as your defense at your trial?

I would get another lawyer
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188264 Apr 12, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if anal sex between two men is an "imitation of normal sex", then what is anal sex between a man and a woman? Is that an "imitation of gay sex"?
They say "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".
Careful now

Remember their marriages are so tragically fragile, that other people being able to marry somehow damages their marriage.

They are right on the edge, you might push them off the cliff accidently

Fortunately my marriage is plenty strong enough that your being able to marry wonít affect mine at all.

Hard for me to even imagine the knife edge these peoples marriages ride on
Payolla

Covina, CA

#188265 Apr 12, 2013
When those filthy Republicans changed the law, with "citizens United" ruling they opened up the gates of hell.

Did you know that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has the authority to pull back the curtain on the secret corporate money that the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling has unleashed into our elections?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#188266 Apr 12, 2013
I agree
Payolla

Covina, CA

#188267 Apr 12, 2013
Those Republicans are rocking on a three legged stool and it's not looking stable anymore.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188268 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now
Remember their marriages are so tragically fragile, that other people being able to marry somehow damages their marriage.
They are right on the edge, you might push them off the cliff accidently
Fortunately my marriage is plenty strong enough that your being able to marry wonít affect mine at all.
Hard for me to even imagine the knife edge these peoples marriages ride on
Yes, you have already told us, so very many times. Your marriage is perfect. Your kids and grand kids are perfect and of course above all, you are perfect. And if we were all like you the world would be perfect. And it's hard for you to imagine not being perfect.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188269 Apr 12, 2013
FLRetiree wrote:
I agree
Me too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188270 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to use that as your defense at your trial?
I would get another lawyer
I know this may end up with your dopey marry a goat nonsense but why can't I marry my sister? Why should I need a lawyer if I married my sister?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188271 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this may end up with your dopey marry a goat nonsense but why can't I marry my sister? Why should I need a lawyer if I married my sister?
Because she doesnít want you for one thing, we donít allow forced marriages in this country. If there is one thing we have determined in this forum is that you do not have the ability to learn.

so... go ahead, and we will let the judge explain it to you
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188272 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have already told us, so very many times. Your marriage is perfect. Your kids and grand kids are perfect and of course above all, you are perfect. And if we were all like you the world would be perfect. And it's hard for you to imagine not being perfect.
so you degenerate to lying... not once can you ever find a post where I said my marriage was perfect, where my kids are perfect nor where I said I was perfect

As far as our marriages being stronger... that isnít a big deal, nearly everyoneís is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188273 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so you degenerate to lying... not once can you ever find a post where I said my marriage was perfect, where my kids are perfect nor where I said I was perfect
As far as our marriages being stronger... that isnít a big deal, nearly everyoneís is.
Uh-oh, here comes Big D's "Frankie is a liar" lie.

No lie. You're full of yourself. And full of it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188274 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh, here comes Big D's "Frankie is a liar" lie.
No lie. You're full of yourself. And full of it!
Stop lying and I will stop pointing it out
That is totally up to you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188275 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying and I will stop pointing it out
That is totally up to you
Oh boy here we go again!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188276 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy here we go again!
Yeah.. you go find a post where I said I was perfect, my children are perfect etc

or you are lying.. that simple

As far as marriages stronger than those who fear SSM, I canít tell you why their marriages are so weak, they will have to tell you that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ryan Neal Mazzariello, 25, of Oakdale suspected... (Nov '12) 6 hr Emily 48
Mrs moller Apr 24 Angry mother 1
Female teachers at Oakdale. Apr 24 Concerned friend 1
mrs moeller at oakdale !!!' read this now Apr 24 killyourselfbitch123 1
News East County E-views: Have you seen a lot of gra... Apr 21 Riverbank resident 2
Hearing aids (Dec '13) Apr 15 Kent Nelson 14
OAKDALE (NWO) FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP being bui... (Nov '08) Apr 15 randy 122
More from around the web

Modesto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]