Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
157,461 - 157,480 of 200,557 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Sure they have, there was a case in Utah very recently. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen, you are ignorant of a lot of things.

But why does it matter how many people want it or how many current court cases there are? WHY? Why do keep saying that?

Do we issue equal rights by popularity contest? Do I get to decide on your marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What crap, no one can talk about the advances that are in the courts now over same sex marriage because of your obsessive infatuation
This crap: "your personal hero Warren Jeffs"

Dishonesty crap. Ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...It probably isnít going to come up because no one seems to be working on bringing it up from a legal perspective. We just have people totally obsessed with it that wine and complain but do nothing.
http://www.sltrib.com/cat/polygamy
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This crap: "your personal hero Warren Jeffs"
Dishonesty crap. Ad hominem.
He has to be, you cant discuss anything else or allow anyone else to discuss anything else.

I bet you have a picture of him in a place of honor where you used to keep an American flag.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Sure they have, there was a case in Utah very recently. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen, you are ignorant of a lot of things.
But why does it matter how many people want it or how many current court cases there are? WHY? Why do keep saying that?
Do we issue equal rights by popularity contest? Do I get to decide on your marriage?
Let me know how that goes, if it every comes to California or to the supreme court I will take notice.

No we are a nation of law, we donít do civil rights by popularity contest which is why your buddies in Utah are so upset that we are overturning prop 8, they wanted it to be by popularity, but they were wrong.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He has to be, you cant discuss anything else or allow anyone else to discuss anything else.
I bet you have a picture of him in a place of honor where you used to keep an American flag.
That crap.

Same sex MARRIAGE, opposite sex MARRIAGE and poly MARRIAGE all deserve the same respect and consideration.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Now it begs the question, if your heroes in Utah are so much for marriage equality, why did they fund the campaign in California opposing it?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>I favor regime change in Afghanistan, down with the Taliban. This is where we differ.
It is not our duty to create or destroy governments in foreign lands. Doing so only brings us grief, death, and financial loss in the end.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know how that goes, if it every comes to California or to the supreme court I will take notice.
No we are a nation of law, we donít do civil rights by popularity contest which is why your buddies in Utah are so upset that we are overturning prop 8, they wanted it to be by popularity, but they were wrong.
Calm down. They are not my buddies.

I suppose you'll never apply for a job at the American Civil Liberties Union. Since you believe unpopular people don't deserve civil liberty.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The huge difference is that straights have an option, gays don't. However, in either case, Anal sex is inherently Harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. Moreover, MOST people don't engage in anal sex. Something about common sense...
Smirk.
Are you saying gays Have to have anal sex? No more than straights have to have vaginal sex. It isn't mandatory. There are a few other options.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down. They are not my buddies.
I suppose you'll never apply for a job at the American Civil Liberties Union. Since you believe unpopular people don't deserve civil liberty.
Yeah I am laughing a lot, people are starting to notice

seriously why did your "oh so concerned" buddies in Utah fund the campaign to oppose marriage equality?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Now it begs the question, if your heroes in Utah are so much for marriage equality, why did they fund the campaign in California opposing it?
How do your heroes on death row in prison feel about it?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How do your heroes on death row in prison feel about it?
I donít have any heroís on death row

but it is interesting that you invoke Utah, the very state that is the champion of fundraising opposed to marriage equality.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Kody, and Mrs Brown, and Mrs Brown, and Mrs. Brown, and let's not forget Mrs. Brown, all support mmarriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I am laughing a lot, people are starting to notice
seriously why did your "oh so concerned" buddies in Utah fund the campaign to oppose marriage equality?
So now your argument is shifting to the "Frankie's heroes in Utah" straw man?

They are not my heroes. I'm not going to bite.

They deserve the same civil rights as you do. Even the .005% of them that are criminals. Which is by the way the about same percentage for you, a heterosexual male.

Do you ban marriage because some men abuse their wives? Do you ban marriage because some men marry underage girls?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
but it is interesting that you invoke Utah, the very state that is the champion of fundraising opposed to marriage equality.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gay-Polygamy/14...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
https://harvard.qualtrics.com/SE/...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your argument is shifting to the "Frankie's heroes in Utah" straw man?
They are not my heroes. I'm not going to bite.
They deserve the same civil rights as you do. Even the .005% of them that are criminals. Which is by the way the about same percentage for you, a heterosexual male.
Do you ban marriage because some men abuse their wives? Do you ban marriage because some men marry underage girls?
You really need to learn to read, I am not opposed to it. I have no argument against it.

But I find it hilarious that you are invoking Utah as the people that are championing marriage equality, the same people that are the primary funding for Prop 8

Sort of a contradiction isnít it?
Doublespaced

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Just a "out of towner" poster, must have hit the repeatee key.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to learn to read, I am not opposed to it. I have no argument against it.
But I find it hilarious that you are invoking Utah as the people that are championing marriage equality, the same people that are the primary funding for Prop 8
Sort of a contradiction isnít it?
ha ha very hilarious.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gay-Polygamy/14...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Modesto Forum right now

Search the Modesto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr facts faced 15,929
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
Review: Monty's Concrete A Professional Concret... Mon Anon 1
Man Arrested in 1999 Disappearance of Modesto W... (Nov '07) Mon KeS 43
Iowa farm creates corn maze of Al Roker's face Aug 16 Maggie Gallaghers... 1
New Jersey's Christie takes Ice Bucket Challenge Aug 15 Vaccines Cause Au... 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Modesto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••