Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201811 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173707 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Semen contains seed you idiot. Men keep producing sperm, you uneducated moron, that is why they don't run out of it.
But, fundie, they believe sperm was "seed", like plant seeds. They believed the womb was like soil. They didn't know that the woman contributed half of the DNA for a child, they didn't know about eggs. They believed men could run out of "seed". Why do you think masturbation was looked down on?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173708 Jan 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Anybody can read Genesis and see that their were plants before there was a sun.
Still waiting for a buy-bull prophesy.
I can predict there will be earthquakes some place on earth.
Gen 1:3
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173709 Jan 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Anybody can read Genesis and see that their were plants before there was a sun.
Still waiting for a buy-bull prophesy.
I can predict there will be earthquakes some place on earth.
Natural disastors of happening all over the world.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#173710 Jan 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But, fundie, they believe sperm was "seed", like plant seeds. They believed the womb was like soil. They didn't know that the woman contributed half of the DNA for a child, they didn't know about eggs. They believed men could run out of "seed". Why do you think masturbation was looked down on?
Explain where in the bible that it said that.
Truthsayer

San Diego, CA

#173711 Jan 7, 2013
The people voted? so what. There was a time in this country when the people in the south voted for slavery....there was a time when our government did not allow women to vote....there was - oh you get the idea. It is called illumination - people grow in understanding and compassion....at least some people do!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#173712 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
Not at all true, there are a lot of things that I just merely believe, but I donít put my puny beliefs in front of actual knowledge.
Religious people understand their belief is built on faith. Many understand the difference between faith and science.

Many radical secularists attribute their irrational beliefs to 'science' or 'enlightenment'. The problem is, when the reject God they think they are rejecting faith.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Alhambra, CA

#173713 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thank God I don't believe in God"
Priceless.
Nothing gets past you! Moron....

[What a putz!]

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#173714 Jan 7, 2013
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. A Jesus for every (and any) schism.....
Thank god I don't believe in that crap!
You are thanking God? but don't believe in God? lol..another idiot response.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173715 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Religious people understand their belief is built on faith. Many understand the difference between faith and science.
Many radical secularists attribute their irrational beliefs to 'science' or 'enlightenment'. The problem is, when the reject God they think they are rejecting faith.
Oh donít even pretend you have some kind of "understanding" that others do not.

What you have is a mere belief, that you put in front of facts, knowledge an all common sense.

There is no way to glorify what it is you do.

I donít reject just any specific God, I have simply found no evidence for any of them, and we are talking about billions of God's, not just one.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#173716 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh donít even pretend you have some kind of "understanding" that others do not.
What you have is a mere belief, that you put in front of facts, knowledge an all common sense.
There is no way to glorify what it is you do.
I donít reject just any specific God, I have simply found no evidence for any of them, and we are talking about billions of God's, not just one.
That you have found no evidence means nothing. I think a cocksure non believer such as yourself is just as arrogant and stupid as a cocksure believer.

You cannot prove or disprove the unprovable.

If there is a God we have to answer to someday, I think he'll value a man who admitted he wasn't wise enough to know of his existence and lived his life accordingly. If he made us, that would be a good feature. Question authority.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#173717 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have simply found no evidence for there not to be a God. That all life formed from a puddle of crud is the fairy tale.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173718 Jan 7, 2013
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing gets past you! Moron....
[What a putz!]
I'm your hero! That's why you plagiarized my name.

What a jackass!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173719 Jan 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I have simply found no evidence for there not to be a God. That all life formed from a puddle of crud is the fairy tale.
I love that argument

because it puts whichever God you happen believe in ( of the Billions of Gods available ) on the same footing as Peter Pan

Have you found any evidence that Peter Pan doesnít exist?

How about Bigfoot?

How about Atlantis, there is no evidence that Atlantis doesnít exist

so You believe in a God, Peter Pan, Bigfoot and Atlantis with equal ferocity

want me to keep the list going for you?
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Alhambra, CA

#173720 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm your hero! That's why you plagiarized my name.
What a jackass!
Whaaahtt!!?

I thought your name was Frank Rizzo!?

Why are you plagerizing MY name?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173721 Jan 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I have simply found no evidence for there not to be a God. That all life formed from a puddle of crud is the fairy tale.
Exactly. I am a scientist. I am awed by nature's complexity and perfection. It cannot possibly be just random.

The evidence I've seen in my life and career suggests much more that there is a grand design than not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173722 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
That you have found no evidence means nothing. I think a cocksure non believer such as yourself is just as arrogant and stupid as a cocksure believer.
You cannot prove or disprove the unprovable.
If there is a God we have to answer to someday, I think he'll value a man who admitted he wasn't wise enough to know of his existence and lived his life accordingly. If he made us, that would be a good feature. Question authority.
Oh I am not cocksure of anything, I donít claim to know.

except this

if the particular God that many here believe in does exist, and sits on a throne and basically says "Worship me or you will be tortured forever"

then I still did the right thing not worshiping a terrorist monster.

That much I am sure of.

But for all I know the Volcano God is the true god and we are all dammed for not sacrificing a virgin to it.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Alhambra, CA

#173723 Jan 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are thanking God? but don't believe in God? lol..another idiot response.
Only an idiot would think I was actually thanking "God".

[What a putz!]
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#173724 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no idiot. It has spread to the animals.
"I'm no idiot."

rings about as true as "I'm not a crook" uttered by Nixon.

you're a laugh (in astonishment of your utter and complete ignorance) a minute chum. just thought you might want to know.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#173725 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said mistreating. Different types of treatment could happen to them causing them to be homosexual.
FYI - sex with animals is illegal in the United States.

apparantly it's because of people like you that the lawmakers had to define that as illegal as it was considered to be mistreatment.

you really are quite the odd (and scary) duck. it's a wonder you're not sitting in a jail cell right now.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#173726 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
I was actually quite disturbed.
Nothing else in this thread comes as close to the straight forward truth as this one single solitary statement.

Here's hoping you get some help for that before you procreate or interact with the real world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Feb '13) May 26 Un agenda 21 and ... 13
Mrs moller May 22 proud mother 3
Review: Massage By Karin (at Embody Day Spa) May 18 jjberri 1
Review: Wiegand Cort V Attorney At Law May 14 Walmart 1
Azenth Castillo she will try to take your man k... (Jul '13) May 12 friend 6
News Suspect in fatal Oakdale shooting dies in Stani... (Jan '13) May 10 Hard knox 22
News Ryan Neal Mazzariello, 25, of Oakdale suspected... (Nov '12) May 5 Emily 48
More from around the web

Modesto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]