Review: Andrews Appliance Repair

Review: Andrews Appliance Repair

Posted in the Modesto Forum

Dennis Unhappy Customer

Modesto, CA

#1 Oct 3, 2013
I called ANDREW'S APPLIANCE REPAIR in Modesto at about 11:30am and talked to Shawn. He told me $35.00 to come out and look at it and tell me what is wrong and how much it will be to repair it. Not a problem. Gave him my addess & cell # and said "when you find out what it wrong and how much it will be, call me, I'd like to keep it under $200.00 I can go buy a newer reconditioned one on Crows Landing for about that amount". My daughter calls me about 2:00pm and say's "it's fixed". When I said, "Fixed? How, much", she tells me $250.00

Shawn was here for maaaaybe 30 minutes and replaced the Compressor starting capacitor. Needless to say I was NOT happy, but...the frig is fixed. I get home and look at it and I find he didn't even bother to clean the coils/fins underneath the frig. It was CAKED with dust. So I had to get out our vacuum and clean them and the vent cover. JUST what I want to do after working all day, and PAYING someone to come out and Repair/Service my frig. I called and asked him why he didn't clean the coils/fins and he said because it was drawing air good enough, and (get this) that is "NOT part of their service". OH AND GET THIS, he tells my daughter “you lucky you could afford to go buy an ice chest to put your food in, most people can even afford food.” WTF is with that

SOOOO, in my opinion ANDREW'S APPLIANCE REPAIR is NOT a repair service you would want to come have repair anything in your home. Well maybe if you want a half assed repair done,they are.
Sean

Modesto, CA

#2 Mar 2, 2015
Hello my name is Sean. I am the owner of Andrew's Appliance Repair. The way this man described me was very inaccurate and purely out of anger. I service 1,000 customers a year. All it takes is one difference of opinion to have someone slander your name. This man called me from his work saying,"my refrigerator is broken and all my food is warming up, I am having to put it in a ice chest.' In my business this is an emergency call which means that i service the same day a customer calls. I squeezed him in my busy schedule to help him out. His refrigerator was working after...saved his food and i did my best. Sir i cant do anything about the price. If you can find a refrigerator cheaper than what i charged than please let me know. As for all the rude comments you said i made, For 1, I never even met you in person so what you are saying is hear say and 2 if i treated people disrespectfully like this than you would see a lot more comments referring to my unprofessional behavior. The fact stands that i have served thousands of people and i treat all my customers with kindness, respect and honesty from the moment i walk into your door. I am sorry that you were unhappy, But slandering someones name and hindering me and my family is no way to go about it. If you were that unhappy than you should have called me to come back out, I would have taken off my part and i refunded every bit of your money, As we do offer a 90 guarantee. If only all my other 999 customers would have posted there experience to his 1. Thank you for reading my rebuttal on this experience I hope this mans angry out burst doesn't deter you from using Andrew's Appliance Repair. Have a Blessed Day!
Julia

Modesto, CA

#3 Mar 18, 2015
I had a washing machine malfunctioning... Andrew's Appliance came out within 24 hours and got it working perfectly for a good price. Don't know about the father/son crook review I read on Yahoo, or the above review, but I did my business with Sean and he was completely professional and honest. Money well spent to avoid the laundry mat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modesto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats going on at Savemart?? (Aug '09) 13 hr Lonnie 31
Google and Facebook in default on fraud and ill... (Oct '15) May 25 Your Service Prov... 3
News Oakdale homeowner clearing clutter, but neighbo... (Oct '11) May 25 Your Service Prov... 2
News Sixth grader on why reading matters: 'Reading c... May 24 Who 1
Cottonwood Cafe Proprietors May 21 KBS 1
Hey Gerald R. Creager ... May 19 Your Service Prov... 1
Unauthorized user notification May 18 Your Service Prov... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Modesto Mortgages