BVB fan09

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

oh really...? yeah in GErmany welearn English since 3rd grade..... and of course i learned it here in America..... It is hard but after living in America for 1 year and 6 months, it is getting easier every day.....
MIKE

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

You will be very sucessfull if you are bi-lingual.
BVB fan09

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Oh really? yeah we have English in 3rd grade in Germany....
Bobby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

I am scheduled for training orientation. What does this mean? Any one went through this? How long did the training last?If so did you get hired and how long did it take to get hired? Thanks.
BVB fan09

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Bobby wrote:
I am scheduled for training orientation. What does this mean? Any one went through this? How long did the training last?If so did you get hired and how long did it take to get hired? Thanks.
are you talking to me...? If you are i should let you know i'm still a student.... my father is the head of construction at TK.....
MIKE

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Bobby wrote:
The orientation is what it takes to complete the AIDT PROGRAM TO GET A JOB AT TK.Prepare to go there at least 5 times.That is if you go all the way .I have been there 4 I am presently waiting for the final interview.Remember doing all this still doesnt get you a job there.Y ou need to be confident on your resume and a whole lot of praying.(LOL)
Mike

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

Hello All, I applied almost a year ago and just recieved a letter in the mail today for orientation. By the looks of it this is a long road. Has TK hired any operator or maintenance positions yet?

Since: Jul 09

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

My husband has been through all the training at AIDT and been through his final interview(2 total)last month. He got a letter that said the next time they contact him it will be for a job offer! LOONNGG road
Jerry

Grand Bay, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

I rent a home to Cives Steel co, they are the supplier for the steel components. They will be wrapped up by mid august and it seems that the plant may be slowing construction, which means hiring is being put off? Does anyone have the latest news/rumor that has some validity? Thanks. I am past the 2nd interview for operator on the carbon side...that has been well over a year ago.
MIKE

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2009

I heard the big shots at TK will decide in august to ope in 3/2010 or 12/2010
Adrian

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Hi everbody! I applied for a maintenance technician( Instrumentation) position wiht TK. I already received the appointment for Orientation. I already have like 3 years experience in steel industry. Can anybody tell me what's next, i mean what that training with AIDT is all about ?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Adrian wrote:
Hi everbody! I applied for a maintenance technician( Instrumentation) position wiht TK. I already received the appointment for Orientation. I already have like 3 years experience in steel industry. Can anybody tell me what's next, i mean what that training with AIDT is all about ?
You will go to orientation one day. The next letter you will come back for a training interview and a computer assessment test. The third letter will be for the actual AIDT training. This is a 32 hour course. It is offered weekends, week days and two days a week for a month. You will be signed up in one of the three classes. If that class does not fit your schedule you will have a phone number to call to change classes. Once you complete the 32 hour course you will fill out an application and wait for the next letter. When it arrives you go for another interview but this time with the actual TK company. After this interview you wait. The next interview will mean something promising. 30,000 people have applied and 2,000 have received letters. Don't be discoutaged. They have only hired 85 on the Stainless side and 18 on the Carbon side. Some will be hired in July and August and more in October. Good luck and be patient. Watch your mail box. Hope this helps.
Adrian

Birmingham, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Hello Guest! I truly appreciate your feedback in a such a short notice. I don't want to look to insistent to you, but I need to know what will be the topics on that computer assesment? When they hired me 3 years ago, I had one with Severstal NA and the main subjects were Basic Math, English, Reading and Comprehensivity on some texts, some geometry and Logic problems.I used to work as an Instrumentation technician covering the afternoon shift by all means, instrmentationwise, in a contiunues caster environmnet. Once again I truly appreciate your time, indeed and wish you Good Luck. Maybe I will be lucky enough to have the chance to meet you down there, and who knows maybe working together. However in any case the drinks are on me.

Since: Jul 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Hey Adrian,

The computer assessment is more on the order of "Have you been convicted of a felony?" and "How many days of work do you think it is acceptable to miss in a year?" rather than solving math and logic problems. There are a series of assessments done during the classes generally in line with what you've done previously (basic math, reading comp., etc.)
MIKE

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

For the TK interviews I recieved a phone call not a letter.Guest I am curious how did you hear only 18 people are hired on the carbon side?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

MIKE wrote:
For the TK interviews I recieved a phone call not a letter.Guest I am curious how did you hear only 18 people are hired on the carbon side?
I was in a meeting with TK human resource person.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Helix wrote:
Hey Adrian,
The computer assessment is more on the order of "Have you been convicted of a felony?" and "How many days of work do you think it is acceptable to miss in a year?" rather than solving math and logic problems. There are a series of assessments done during the classes generally in line with what you've done previously (basic math, reading comp., etc.)
As someone has mentioned the computer assessment is questions that ask what you would do in certain situations.( strongly agree or disagree)Just read carefully.
The training is a lot of basic reading, math and vocabulary along with team building (follow instructions)and a few other classes. The instructors are very good and make it fun. The only think that i might brush up on is converting metrics from metric to metric. For example 10 cm = how many mm. You will enoy your week of training.
One other thing ,at some stage you may get a phone call in stead of a letter. So far i have just received letters.They said you could get either. Good luck.
Mike

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Would it be correct to say that TK is more interested in whether or not the individuals AIDT is interviewing and training are trainable at there standards. Not the fact that an individual might have years of experience in this industry? I have received a letter and have never stepped foot in a steel processing facility. But I have done what I do for 12+ years.
KIMBERLY

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

iS THE ORIENTATION WORTH GOING TO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

KIMBERLY wrote:
iS THE ORIENTATION WORTH GOING TO
you have no choice if you want to be considered

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mobile Discussions

Search the Mobile Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Give Him a Brain 84
Dentist in Mobile Offers Free Cosmetic Consulta... (Jun '11) Wed Jane 5
Men have a right and a role in the abortion iss... Wed Dan 3
Conservative Alabama Town In Uproar Over Gay Ma... (Dec '13) Tue JOLEE 5
McDonald's Jul 16 McDonalds 1
Vacation Jul 16 mcdonalds 4
Mobile police arrest Dennis Emerson, charge him... (Feb '13) Jul 16 John George 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mobile Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mobile People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••