Moberly Trash Bag Increase

Moberly Trash Bag Increase

Posted in the Moberly Forum

Informed Moberly Citizen

Mission, KS

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Here you go Moberly, its already started! I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and the blue trash bags have increased quite alot.

This is just the start and your increases have just begun for the Mamtek fiasco.

Remember that next time you stay home and DO NOT VOTE on your City Council Members. You get Riley. You get a City Board that keeps Riley as Mayor. You get your money GIVEN away. You get NOTHING FOR YOUR MONEY except HIGHER TAXES.

This is why it is important to get out and vote. And for those of you who stayed home, this is why we are paying $12 for mandatory trash bags. This is why our Children's and City's future is in Riley's hands. If we do not get him off of the City Council, it will continue to get worse.

The writing is on the wall. He created this mess and has no idea how to make it better so he will take it out on us. Increase taxes, decrease services. What services we do get, we will pay more for. You just wait, it will only get worse. Wait til you want your streets cleared off after ice and snow......we won't even have the funds to pay the workers or the gas for the graders. And Riley, if you think that we are so dumb to think that all this mess and ongoing mess is the "economy's fault", you are sadly mistaken. This mess happened because of you.

Because you did not insist on seeing a working factory during your trip to China because it was "just oo far away". Well, I cannot pay my water bill because the water office is just "too far away", funny, I am sure you do not find my excuse acceptable and thats ok, we do not find your acceptable either.
mamteker

Kansas City, MO

#2 Aug 31, 2012
we also built on to the high school because of mamtek so taxes went up, also water went up 9% again this year in the last 3 years its up 24%(6,9,and 9) also ameren ue wants to increase electicity 14%, gas continues to go up...what hasnt went up you ask pay and jobs. lets keep voting for increases!
Anonymous

Kansas City, MO

#3 Sep 17, 2012
mamteker wrote:
we also built on to the high school because of mamtek so taxes went up, also water went up 9% again this year in the last 3 years its up 24%(6,9,and 9) also ameren ue wants to increase electicity 14%, gas continues to go up...what hasnt went up you ask pay and jobs. lets keep voting for increases!
I get sick of how people blame everything on one topic. The City of Moberly nor Mamtek had nothing to do with the high school rebuilding. Yes the water rates went up but not because of Mamtek. Look around...Other utility rates have gone up as well, Ameren, Kansas City raised their rates by more than 27%, Even Higbee, Renick, Clarence Cannon Wholesale Water Commission members throughout NE MO, and almost all others have or are planning to.

I paid more for trash service in Moberly in 1998 than I am now. It was over $15/month then. If you set out 1 blue bag per week, its still cheaper or about the same as it was in 1998.

Mamtek scammed Moberly but it has nothing to do with the water or trash rates or the price of tea in China. Its a given fact. As prices go up and government regulations increase, companies and utilities have to raise their prices to cover the costs.
yepper from moberly

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2012
I was talking to my daughter that lives in Columbia and she told me that the city of Columbia supplies the bags for their residents.
wow

Fulton, MO

#5 Oct 4, 2012
this makes me so mad, my neighbors do not use the blue bags and their trash gets picked up each week. They look to be the glad force flex bags. I am sick of buying the blue bags so I called the trash company and she said she would alert the driver well it got picked up today..ridiculous..if there is a ordinance I think everyone should follow it..
Sayitlikeitis

United States

#6 Oct 12, 2012
mamteker wrote:
Yep and they are now telling us to vote for TAX increases but it will NOT costs us more..........

If you are buying what they are selling this time around, than you must be stupid

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#7 Oct 12, 2012
I think everybody should just stop buying the blue bags and just put out your white or black trash bags and if they don't pick it up leave it there or set it back on the curb every week until they do.The city is doing nothing but stealing from us and it's time to put it to a end. Even your major cities don't make you buy special trash bags and they actually have recycling centers.
dontknow

Mexico, MO

#8 Oct 18, 2012
the blue bags are ridiculous ...I hate them and I am going to start taking pics of my neighbors and sending it to veolia every time it's set out to get my point across..if I have to everyone has to.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 18, 2012
you should report them to one of the local television stations and send them pictures and expose them to everybody. that way everybody will know what a scam those blue bags are
dontknow

Mexico, MO

#10 Oct 20, 2012
oh I have called and they did nothing so I give up and said screw it.
sure123

Pilot Grove, MO

#11 Oct 21, 2012
Im not a smart man. I do know wright from wrong. Alot of wrong is going on in this town. Did you know that Moberly gave 1 million dollars to the city of Columbia for its new airport expansion. Crazy Crazy Crazy!!! I should run for mayor but like I said Im not a smart man. Im sure Moberly's best people will comment on this post with alot of four letter words. Gohead and show us how smart you are Moberly.
what

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2012
sure123 wrote:
Im not a smart man. I do know wright from wrong. Alot of wrong is going on in this town. Did you know that Moberly gave 1 million dollars to the city of Columbia for its new airport expansion. Crazy Crazy Crazy!!! I should run for mayor but like I said Im not a smart man. Im sure Moberly's best people will comment on this post with alot of four letter words. Gohead and show us how smart you are Moberly.
you are so right man. And I think mayor riely and tom sanders and a few others need to be in court also with that dude from mamteck. They need to go down too. They are some of the biggest scam artist in moberly.

Since: Aug 12

Pilot Grove, MO

#13 Oct 22, 2012
yepper from moberly wrote:
I was talking to my daughter that lives in Columbia and she told me that the city of Columbia supplies the bags for their residents.
i cant belive that a city that big would give away free trash bags becouse they are building new schools.
Wendy

United States

#14 Oct 22, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>you are so right man. And I think mayor riely and tom sanders and a few others need to be in court also with that dude from mamteck. They need to go down too. They are some of the biggest scam artist in moberly.
I could not of said it better. If their lips are moving, its a good bet that lies are being told!
Sophie

United States

#15 Oct 22, 2012
sure123 wrote:
Evidentally you are smarter than our Mayor because you know not to give millions away to Columbia or some scam artist. There is no hope for Moberly under this guy.
shocked

Columbia, MO

#16 Oct 23, 2012
Sophie wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidentally you are smarter than our Mayor because you know not to give millions away to Columbia or some scam artist. There is no hope for Moberly under this guy.
I think both of you, as my Grandma would say, hit the nail on the head. We definitely need new city counsel officials.
Might need to just clean the whole city hall out and hire people with moral ethics. Some that don't bar hop and breaking laws knowing that for the most they will get away with it because of their job or their name. I agree this town has some serious issues. I'll be so glad to get my house sold and move the hell away! I'm tired of my property taxes going up to cover all this ignorance. I realize Mamtek nor that million Como got has cause the property tax increase but I'm betting they will before this is over. Hope that school produces smarter kids. Maybe some that will stay around here and clean "house".
Sophie

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2012
shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
I think both of you, as my Grandma would say, hit the nail on the head. We definitely need new city counsel officials.
Might need to just clean the whole city hall out and hire people with moral ethics. Some that don't bar hop and breaking laws knowing that for the most they will get away with it because of their job or their name. I agree this town has some serious issues. I'll be so glad to get my house sold and move the hell away! I'm tired of my property taxes going up to cover all this ignorance. I realize Mamtek nor that million Como got has cause the property tax increase but I'm betting they will before this is over. Hope that school produces smarter kids. Maybe some that will stay around here and clean "house".
I just cannot understand what arrogant stupid man, would not step down after the mess is incompetent leadership has caused. Why won't the Council ask him to step down?

We need a clean sleep but first things first, get rid of our pompus ass Mayor. Other towns do not feel sorry for us, other towns are like...I knew his arrogance would get them into trouble. He does not seem very educated either....

Remember the artilces of how Moberly by passed out vote and did a quick move to get this deal away from Mexico Mo? While Mexico was doing the required legal investigation/paperwork, Moberly did a quick move.

I bet Mexico Leaders are THANKING GOD that Moberly did such a sly move. Riley got what he deserved but sad thing is, WE will be the ones paying for it. OUR MONEY IS GONE!

I talked with a lady in a neiboring town, she said their town needed money for their water/drainage system and was sayig how the Mayor was having town meetings, talking and including people in hopes of getting support/input on the project. There was an older man there that no one realized had money. The man liked how the Mayor treated him and spoike to him about his views. Next thing ya know, the man tells pulls out his checkbook, tells the Mayor that he will give him an adance on his taxes plus a donation to the City. He wrote him a check for $15,000. Wow.

The people that RIley caters to, really do not have the money or they are not giving it up and those of us who do have the money and would actually be willing to help a City out..........would not write a check for $5 to these swindlers!

No one will help us long as Riley is in charge and the City Council DOES NOTHING to change that fact. I too, checked on a Petition, but the Circuit Court Judge Hayes would have to rule on it and they will not happen, because he is not going to go against the City before an election. Period.

Moberly City Council=get Riley out ot there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
johnny Thomas moving service Wed Just Me 3
Beware of Black Market BBQ (Jan '13) May 24 friend 39
Karissa Head May 23 BWG 3
Liz Ashburn (Oct '13) May 20 daddy 52
Moberly Monitor Index (Aug '13) May 20 Read It 46
Dragon Creation Tattoo May 18 Ikr 5
Monitor Index Job May 17 Suggestion 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages