MOBERLY - A mid-Missouri company is m...

MOBERLY - A mid-Missouri company is making an investment in its employees' health.

There are 59 comments on the KOMU-TV Columbia story from May 4, 2008, titled MOBERLY - A mid-Missouri company is making an investment in its employees' health.. In it, KOMU-TV Columbia reports that:

“They're happier in their private lives, said Risk Manager Joan Caselton. "And so, we're encouraging wellness.”

A mid-Missouri company is making an investment in its employees' health. Orscheln Industries is taking a pro-active approach to health care. via KOMU-TV Columbia

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMU-TV Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Because I can..”

Since: May 08

Pilot Grove, MO

#42 May 16, 2008
O I have first dibs, then?
BLAAABLAAABLAAA

Columbia, MO

#43 May 17, 2008
WeWii wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I did'nt realize you worked for Ford or THe City of Moberly at the time. My bad and how much do you want for your bridge?
makin up stories again. The real story is: I heard in 2000bc that old man Smith wanted to start his rock wheels company in Moberly, but I'll be damned if the Orschlens put a stop to it. You can't win for losing :(
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#44 May 17, 2008
I remember the time Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and Donald Trump wanted to get together and give a million dollars to every citizen in Mid-Missouri but Don Orscheln stopped them.

They ran away in fear once Daddy Don stepped up.
Pheque

Sedalia, MO

#45 May 17, 2008
Chamber of Commerce Foe wrote:
<quoted text> You're showing your uneducationist again; it's Moniteau not Moniter.
uneducationist???
kenny

Sedalia, MO

#46 May 17, 2008
Some people say Moniteau some say Moniter creek and some people get on here and scan everyone's words and see if they can get one on some one. Well I call it the moniter sorry, you got me for being wrong now you can go back and play your video games. Dont forget to tell everyone you corrected me. They will all jump up with joy, maybe will throw you a parade :)
BLAAABLAAABLAAA

Columbia, MO

#47 May 17, 2008
I also remember when Chester Warner wanted to start a peanut plant. Yep you guessed it, the O's wouldn't allow it. But they allowed the Frost Stop to move in, I never! Damn O's
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#48 May 17, 2008
BLAAABLAAABLAAA wrote:
I also remember when Chester Warner wanted to start a peanut plant. Yep you guessed it, the O's wouldn't allow it. But they allowed the Frost Stop to move in, I never! Damn O's
Bill Orscheln allowed the Frostop because he didn't want the Bersted/McGraw-Edison folks to go hungry.

No, I mean he owned the Frostop. He built it so he could get all the workers lunch money. Yeah, that's the ticket.

“Because I can..”

Kansas City, MO

#49 May 19, 2008
Actually, that was meant as a small joke. I have heard it several times. But putting the years and the economy into the mix and it would have been imposible to be a true tale. There is another poster on here that will know exactly what I am talking about. It has been talked about several times during sessions... If you pick up what I am putting down..
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#50 May 19, 2008
WeWii wrote:
Actually, that was meant as a small joke. I have heard it several times. But putting the years and the economy into the mix and it would have been imposible to be a true tale.
Are you talking about the Ford plant or the Frostop?

WeWii wrote:
There is another poster on here that will know exactly what I am talking about. It has been talked about several times during sessions... If you pick up what I am putting down..
I don't think I understand.

But anyhoo,there was a time in my youth when I partook in small town "player hating" on the Orscheln regime as much as anyone. I had different reasons than most, reasons that I won't divulge here. I never worked for any of the Orscheln companies but I knew the family.

Over time, as I grew into adulthood I came to appreciate the work Don Orscheln did for the community. I also knew Jerry's bunch, the McClones and Caldarellos, but they didn't get the notoriety that Don did.

Ol' Don fathered about 15 kids though. That's gotta' count for something.(=
Chamber of Commerce Foe

United States

#51 May 19, 2008
kenny wrote:
Some people say Moniteau some say Moniter creek and some people get on here and scan everyone's words and see if they can get one on some one. Well I call it the moniter sorry, you got me for being wrong now you can go back and play your video games. Dont forget to tell everyone you corrected me. They will all jump up with joy, maybe will throw you a parade :)
You can say Monitor all you want, but those with common sense can read plat maps and local history and then know that Moniteau Creek heads up northeast of town and from it came the name of the township Higbee is in, but granted, that's too much mental stress for most folks involved in these messages. Oh, and what about the mysterious death of Don O's first wife? I haven't heard that mentioned amidst the dirt thrown about the O's.
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#52 May 19, 2008
... Oh, and what about the mysterious death of Don O's first wife? I haven't heard that mentioned amidst the dirt thrown about the O's.
Wasn't all that mysterious, other than it happened in the middle of the night.

Lady had a drinking problem. Fell down, passed out, choked.

Our society wasn't as PC then. We didn't have treatment centers for alcoholism. The Moberly lifestyle - especially the Country Club lifestyle - basically required heavy drinking. Some people didn't handle it as well as others.

“Because I can..”

United States

#53 May 20, 2008
Harry Dangler wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Ford plant or the Frostop?
<quoted text>
I don't think I understand.
But anyhoo,there was a time in my youth when I partook in small town "player hating" on the Orscheln regime as much as anyone. I had different reasons than most, reasons that I won't divulge here. I never worked for any of the Orscheln companies but I knew the family.
Over time, as I grew into adulthood I came to appreciate the work Don Orscheln did for the community. I also knew Jerry's bunch, the McClones and Caldarellos, but they didn't get the notoriety that Don did.
Ol' Don fathered about 15 kids though. That's gotta' count for something.(=
I was talking about the Ford Plant.

About three weeks ago someone brought that story up in the middle of a conversation(at a bar in k.c.) about Moberly; the economic growth and what has hindered it. That person gets on topix as well but up until a few days ago neither one of us ever thought about looking up the Moberly forum.

“Because I can..”

United States

#54 May 20, 2008
One of the fellas that was with us. Went on and on about this and brought up John Deer and a Brewing Company as well. All three fortune 500 companies. His standpoint was how a small town in California kept Wal-Mart out. Which, in fact that was for a completely different reason(small business). I respect what the Orscheln's have done for Moberly.
The true story

Sedalia, MO

#55 May 21, 2008
<quoted text>You can say Monitor all you want, but those with common sense can read plat maps and local history and then know that Moniteau Creek heads up northeast of town and from it came the name of the township Higbee is in, but granted, that's too much mental stress for most folks involved in these messages. Oh, and what about the mysterious death of Don O's first wife? I haven't heard that mentioned amidst the dirt thrown about the O's.
Most of us here in Higbee say Moniter because of all the moniter lizards that live there, and that's the truth!

“Just Me!!”

Since: Oct 07

Moberly shhhhhhh

#56 May 21, 2008
Keep those Lizards down there!! LOL
Chamber of Commerce Foe

United States

#57 May 22, 2008
The true story wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us here in Higbee say Moniter because of all the moniter lizards that live there, and that's the truth!
That's odd, I've been in and around Higbee for about sixty years and you are the first I've heard say this. Sounds like a made up deal to me.
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#58 May 26, 2008
Actually, the correct spelling is "monitor" and they aren't lizards at all, but former newspapermen from Moberly disguised as lizards.
Harry Dangler

Tampa, FL

#59 May 26, 2008
Oh, and if anyone wants to buy that bridge, I'll also include the lizardmen for free.
pert

United States

#60 May 26, 2008
r they goin to rebuild that bridge???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City of Huntsville 1 hr Do not unerstand 2
Dragon Creation Tattoo 7 hr Mr Green 9
Who's living in the abandoned grain towers? 14 hr Kirby Klown 8
Moberly Missouri Salvation Army Clothing Store 14 hr Kirby Klown 6
Judge Hayes (Jul '12) Thu Jrbrfe 96
celia shields Jul 27 gubble 9
Randolph/Moberly YMCA (May '13) Jul 26 Worried 34

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance