Old Grump

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Was in town today and decided to visit some shops in the depressed Downtown area of Moberly. Whats up with the cheap looking whiskey barrels? I guess they are planning on using them for some type of beautification plan in the Spring. They are working out great as trash containers as that is what they are being used for. Also they are going to be a fantastic trip hazard. Just what Moberly needs.....more lawsuits. And come on!!! Do they really expect to plant flowers in those things and they won't be pulled up the first week?
WTH

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

if you're looking for beautification keep on moving down the road you won't find it in 65270.
Eliot Ness

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Due to family illness, we plan on moving back. The city isn't going to like this old man. I have one already calling me an idiot. They're going to find out what an Idiot with money is all about. I'll be damned if my family and friends are going to come visit us in such a corrupt place!!
i like eliot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Hope what u speak is true. there are many educated peopkr in this town with out the financial ability to make a change. Many people that are honest and have morals and integrity live paycheck to paycheck and cannot make a difference in this corupt town.
Eliot Ness

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The problem is witchcraft and has nothing to do with money. Until that town gets a paper that exposes the little witches flying around, nothing will change. All those little organizations claiming to do good, do just the opposite. Altrusa is nothing less than witches around a cauldron, and those shitn Riley women keep it stirred! Those political organizations do the same godam thing! No one gives a dam about benefiting society, its all about control. Democrats and Republicans alike! Witchcraft and Rileys! Makes me sick!
i like eliot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Very true but those whom live paycheck to paycheck are perhaps a bit timid to make to big of waves
want the truth

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The problem with this town is the ill run government that runs it. As far as paycheck to paycheck is that your Wal-Mart refuses to pay a living wage to most that work there. There has been a long standing few that call the shots that what goes on around here and nobody can or will stand up to these pricks and say anything. The people of this berg need to get involved that means getting off the couch and going to city counsel meetings. As long as the people of this town stop being lazy and complacent nothing will ever change.
want the truth

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

One more thing this depressed downtown that has been brought up, the reason for the shape is in the owners of the buildings are to greedy to update and general repair. These that have them just want the rent money and that is all they want,they don't care if the building is falling down just give me my rent for this death trap. That is an issue around this town with rentals not going to spend a dime to make it a good place to live no just make sure that HUD or NECAC pays the rent on this no more than tenements. Take a good look around you and put yourself in the frame of mind that you don't live here and decide for yourself, you sure as hell wouldn't move to this hell hole.
ElTigre

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

WTH wrote:
if you're looking for beautification keep on moving down the road you won't find it in 65270.
Go down the road south, to the beautiful metropolis of Higbee, where you can purchase a home for under 50K, send your kids to one of the 12 finest elementary schools in the county and associate yourself with some of the nicest GED holders this side of West Virginia.
Eliot Ness

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I won't agree with bashing our area, but I will stand up against the corrupt nature by which things are done. Poor people just need a boost of pride. My family didn't have money, but we had pride in what we had. I began having problems when the assholes took baseball out of the park. I do believe they're playing a few games back at John Groeber where I and many others played. I read on Facebook where the "Y" is now having problems. There were plenty of places that already tried this and what happened? A few of the same assholes took this over, too. People need to get sick and tired of this crap and vote them all out! They also need to stand up to the pricks, even if it means physically removing them!!!! This old boy has seen all the pats on the back he can take!
Moberly does nothing

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Eliot Ness wrote:
I won't agree with bashing our area, but I will stand up against the corrupt nature by which things are done. Poor people just need a boost of pride. My family didn't have money, but we had pride in what we had. I began having problems when the assholes took baseball out of the park. I do believe they're playing a few games back at John Groeber where I and many others played. I read on Facebook where the "Y" is now having problems. There were plenty of places that already tried this and what happened? A few of the same assholes took this over, too. People need to get sick and tired of this crap and vote them all out! They also need to stand up to the pricks, even if it means physically removing them!!!! This old boy has seen all the pats on the back he can take!
I have no idea who you are but I love your posts! Please come back. We need someone that has integrity and some backbone!
i like eliot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Amen eliot!
Just Crazy

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

In addition to landlords that won't make needed repairs there are a couple of the other "business owners" downtown that will try to run any new business out if they don't approve of them, what they look like or what they sell. What's up with that? Must be part of the Welcome To Downtown Moberly group.
Moberly does nothing

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Just Crazy wrote:
In addition to landlords that won't make needed repairs there are a couple of the other "business owners" downtown that will try to run any new business out if they don't approve of them, what they look like or what they sell. What's up with that? Must be part of the Welcome To Downtown Moberly group.
You mean the City Council?
hmmm

Bonnots Mill, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Most of the buildings downtown are owned by the same guy and he doesn't even live in the county.
Ben Riggins

Lees Summit, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Its my opinion the downtown business owners dont want to do the work or have anything to do with someone trying to do something. they were argued over the crusing this past summer to. Anytime somebody has a n idea they turn there nose. peope on welfare can go to walmt and get it there. Its my opnion the downtown gets what they deserve.
Religion

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Compared to other small towns Moberly's downtown is exceptional.
Cladia Menlo

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Okay, so let's give the Mainstreet org an "A" for effort and a C- for implementation. The barrel idea is pretty bad. Maybe they will look better in the spring with flowers!
anonymous occupy

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Ben Riggins wrote:
Its my opinion the downtown business owners dont want to do the work or have anything to do with someone trying to do something. they were argued over the crusing this past summer to. Anytime somebody has a n idea they turn there nose. peope on welfare can go to walmt and get it there. Its my opnion the downtown gets what they deserve.
you have it right Ben, the downtown merchants for the majority act like they could care less if you shop there or not, they give no service, and just don't make it very friendly experience to go there.
Moberly Citizen

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Religion wrote:
Compared to other small towns Moberly's downtown is exceptional.
Actually, that is not true. Booneville is cute as a button. Fulton..nice too. Mexico, very lovely. I can go to all three of these town and spend the day, eat, shop ..etc. Oh, and Hannibal...great shops/resturants etc.

Moberly is comparable to either of these towns of the same size, income & demographics. BUT cannot compare when it comes to services offered, commerce or leadership.

Just to put things into perspective.

Moberly should be doing much better...don't even mean it MEAN...just true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Moberly Forum right now

Search the Moberly Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fathead arrested 30 min Mobster 3
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,354
Tommy Payne 1 hr Really tho 15
Tre kane is hott! 6 hr Hotty 1
Mothers living off kids SSI (Dec '12) 11 hr and 28
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 12 hr Diane 6,906
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Mon Claire 265
•••
•••
•••
•••

Moberly Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000