Azalea opening soon in moberly mo old...
Waitress

United States

#44 Nov 24, 2012
wolywig wrote:
I thought the food at the GC was good!!!! And I am a very picky person!!! And I live in Moberly & I don't know why it says Kansas,City??????? ButI sure hate to hear that he prices are higher(:(:(: We are seniors with not a lot to spend on eating out so don't know):(:):( I just hope they have some kind of senior discount???):):):)

Monday thru Friday from 2pm to 4pm (best to come about 3:40 so you can get steak for lower price) we have an early bird special and seniors get their drinks free.
billy

United States

#45 Nov 25, 2012
I love the food azalea is very good and the owners are very nice people I love mrs azalea she is a very nice person the service is very good way better then it was when golden corral was there I'm glad to see them back and I will always go there to eat and I enjoy seeing liz she is really sweet. I wish azalea the best and I would like to see more food choices on the buffet but the food is way better then golden corral fuck what people say its probably old workers who are making these post because they didn't get there jobs back because the owner wants the best people and he has them so keep up the. Good work
wolywig

Prairie Village, KS

#46 Nov 25, 2012
thanks Waitress appreciate your info!!!! We will definately come at that time!!!!!!!:))
billy

United States

#47 Nov 25, 2012
They give seniors a discount every day and mrs azalea is a very nice lady who loves her customers and some of the same workers are back and he's hiring some others next week he wants the best people and the food is good they have to cook it different since its no longer golden corral so people give them a chance and if you have any suggestions just tell the owner he will fix it or get it for you I made several suggestions and he is doing them and bringing back my favorite food items I am so sick of people saying stupid shit about them. I do not agree with you. The service is very great and the food is awesome.
mark

United States

#48 Nov 25, 2012
Me And my family had lunch here today and it was horrible. I have no plans of going back. But it was buzzy so my its just me and my family . SORRY.....
billy

United States

#49 Nov 25, 2012
The food is not nasty people need to give them a chance instead of bitching that's all moberly people do the owners are trying there best to make the customers happy he is bringing back a lot of food that used to be on the buffet they have to use different sauces and seasoning because they can't copy off golden corral I always see them busy and a lot of people enjoy the food so stop fucking bitching and give them a chance or speak with the owners and tell them your issues and what you would like to see on the buffet mrs azalea and her husband will get it for you they are really nice people
Jade

Madison, MO

#50 Nov 26, 2012
My husband brother in law and I all ate a Azalea last night,the waitres was really pleasant and nice,but the food was awful the milk gravy was thin and runny,the cheese sauce looked like curdled milk,the person takng care of the meat section was cleaning the walls above the food and grill during dinne time and the owners were arguing in front of the customers.Was a waste of $40. We will not be going back

Since: Oct 12

United States

#52 Nov 26, 2012
We'er just waitijng for the opening of 54 Diner. we have always had good food & service when we have eaten there.
jades brother in law

United States

#53 Nov 26, 2012
Jade wrote:
My husband brother in law and I all ate a Azalea last night,the waitres was really pleasant and nice,but the food was awful the milk gravy was thin and runny,the cheese sauce looked like curdled milk,the person takng care of the meat section was cleaning the walls above the food and grill during dinne time and the owners were arguing in front of the customers.Was a waste of $40. We will not be going back
she just tripping cause she thoght she wasw going to get t-bone on the all you can eat. But trust me the food was good. I liked it better than the place across the street richard steak house. That place is a joke.
Yikes

United States

#54 Nov 27, 2012
I ate there on opening day, I thought it was fine. Almost exactly like GC. But I enjoy Ricks Steakhouse too... It's nice to have options other than Mexican or chinese... I enjoy eating at Santa Fe and China Garden, but Azaleas. is a nice change. Immaturity excited to try Diner 54 :)
Yikes

United States

#55 Nov 27, 2012
Yikes wrote:
I ate there on opening day, I thought it was fine. Almost exactly like GC. But I enjoy Ricks Steakhouse too... It's nice to have options other than Mexican or chinese... I enjoy eating at Santa Fe and China Garden, but Azaleas. is a nice change. Immaturity excited to try Diner 54 :)
Dang auto correct! Last sentence should say im not immaturity ... Lol
josh

Prairie Village, KS

#56 Nov 27, 2012
Well I am here to tell you that I am a cook there and we use a lot of different things.We got three of the best cooks around.One of them just started a few days ago and he has made things a lot different already.Way to go to the new guy I would put his name on here but if you eat there a lot you will see who it is.The cooks out there are great.The only down fall is the mouthy black cook they got he will cuss in front of customers that's why he is about to get the can.
levi

United States

#57 Nov 27, 2012
Is the black guy mr harris I can't stand him but I will still eat the food
dontlike

Mexico, MO

#58 Nov 27, 2012
it's just another golden corral with a different name.
Whatever

United States

#59 Nov 27, 2012
Try Golden Corral in Columbia! Talk about variety, cleanliness, and great food at a great price! ALWAYS BUSY!!! Food is always fresh and yummy. Too bad Moberly couldn't live up to that! And over $8 for lunch? Too much! Crazy price to pay for food with filler in it!

United States

#60 Nov 29, 2012
$13.00 for a meal with a drink is way too much for the quality of the food, won't be back.
wolywig

Kansas City, MO

#62 Nov 29, 2012
$13.00 for one person is way too much for seniors like we are!!! I dont think we will be going there I am sayto say(:(: I have 2 receipts here that I saved;don't know why??? One fom the last time we ate at GC here in Moberly;May,11,2012-two senior buffet;$6.99 and one from Columbia-Nov.9,2012 same two senior buffet (both restaurants with water)$7.39!!And at both restaurants we either as for coffee or waitress ask if we want coffee(we did) I am so sorry they charge that price. Maybe not too much for working people but we not.
True

United States

#63 Nov 29, 2012
Food is gross, buns taste like stomach acid, everything was not fresh looking. Meats were like plastic shoe sole. Way too much to pay for crappy food.
brandy kitchen

Tulsa, OK

#64 Nov 29, 2012
You all need to stop talkin bad about that place the food is great.What did you think your fat as* waz gonna get a free meal for complaining.NOT.

United States

#65 Nov 30, 2012
Nasty nasty nasty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Black Market BBQ (Jan '13) 17 hr frisbie 40
Monitor Index Job 23 hr May I suggest 4
Chris Main May 28 Will 2
johnny Thomas moving service May 25 Just Me 3
Karissa Head May 23 BWG 3
Liz Ashburn (Oct '13) May 20 daddy 52
Moberly Monitor Index (Aug '13) May 20 Read It 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages