Disgusted

Fayette, MO

#1 Sep 5, 2012
Do landlords EVER check on their rental houses? I'm seriously hoping this bunch will destroy the house so bad that it has to be demolished when they leave and it smells like it's almost there! Who do you complain to the city who seems to notice every "problem" except that one, the police who "can't help with that issue", the landlord who doesn't return phone calls? Code enforcement will tag a vehicle parked in the front yard within an hour ~ but this trash dump can't be seen?
If a landlord just happens to see this posting ~ please take a few minutes from your day and drive by your houses! You don't live anywhere near them but someone else does. C if you can DO anything to change the situation.
hhhmmm

Columbia, MO

#2 Sep 5, 2012
You just hit a nail dead on!
It would be nice if the one who owns and rents would be sure that the tenant is taking care of the property and yard. Mostly the damn yard.
I have the same problem in my neighborhood with a couple of houses. Unfortunately the worst is actually the homeowner and her yard is disgusting so I can only imagine what the inside looks like.
The traffic in and out it's obvious what's going on only I can't tell if it's drugs or johns or both. Wish she would take her brood and move!!!
Here we go

Ottumwa, IA

#3 Sep 5, 2012
Dog PooP
FORMERMOBERLYAN

Overland Park, KS

#4 Sep 5, 2012
address or landlord name please
Disgusted wrote:
Do landlords EVER check on their rental houses? I'm seriously hoping this bunch will destroy the house so bad that it has to be demolished when they leave and it smells like it's almost there! Who do you complain to the city who seems to notice every "problem" except that one, the police who "can't help with that issue", the landlord who doesn't return phone calls? Code enforcement will tag a vehicle parked in the front yard within an hour ~ but this trash dump can't be seen?
If a landlord just happens to see this posting ~ please take a few minutes from your day and drive by your houses! You don't live anywhere near them but someone else does. C if you can DO anything to change the situation.
BackInTheDay

Fayette, MO

#5 Sep 5, 2012
This brings to mind, a long time ago, when Stanley Hall had all his houses. A lot of people had a bad opinion of him and his houses, however I remember him actually going by his rentals every month (or more) to collect rent, mow the yards, etc. There might be something to learn from that example.
Disgusted

Fayette, MO

#6 Sep 5, 2012
FORMERMOBERLYAN wrote:
address or landlord name please
<quoted text>
I think you missed the point. Take a day and drive by your rental houses ~ would you like to live in the neighborhood with your tenants? Better yet, go knock on the door and take the "full" house and yard tour.

Personally, if I owned rental houses I would want to be sure that my houses and their yards were presentable. Your name is associated with THAT house whether you live there or not.
Disgusted

Fayette, MO

#7 Sep 16, 2012
I think I saw someone stop by who looked like a landlord helper! Maybe they will C & DO something after all!
FORMERMOBERLYAN

Olathe, KS

#8 Sep 16, 2012
Listen up dip shit; I was trying to help you out. You are the one complaining and bitching about it so I was trying to get an address and possibly contact the owner. So don't talk down to me ever; you got it you trailer trash snatch.
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you missed the point. Take a day and drive by your rental houses ~ would you like to live in the neighborhood with your tenants? Better yet, go knock on the door and take the "full" house and yard tour.
Personally, if I owned rental houses I would want to be sure that my houses and their yards were presentable. Your name is associated with THAT house whether you live there or not.
ITS ABOUT TIME

Macon, MO

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Anyone know of any clean reasonable rentals outside of town? One to two bedroom, nothing special, I'm looking of getting out of city limits a bit, with my little poodle! Any suggestions would be appreciated and welcomed.
ITS ABOUT TIME

Macon, MO

#10 Sep 17, 2012
Sorry.......outside of Moberly
Disgusted

Fayette, MO

#11 Sep 17, 2012
FORMERMOBERLYAN wrote:
Listen up dip shit; I was trying to help you out. You are the one complaining and bitching about it so I was trying to get an address and possibly contact the owner. So don't talk down to me ever; you got it you trailer trash snatch.
<quoted text>
I wasn't complaining or bitching, but I was hoping that the landlord who DIDN'T return the call I already made to them might happen to see the posting and make a visit. I appreciate your offer of help, but it seems unless YOU are the landlord it would probably be a waste of your time as well. Thanks anyway!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
johnny Thomas moving service Wed Just Me 3
Beware of Black Market BBQ (Jan '13) May 24 friend 39
Karissa Head May 23 BWG 3
Liz Ashburn (Oct '13) May 20 daddy 52
Moberly Monitor Index (Aug '13) May 20 Read It 46
Dragon Creation Tattoo May 18 Ikr 5
Monitor Index Job May 17 Suggestion 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages