Current regime worst leadership in Mo...

Current regime worst leadership in Moberly history?

Posted in the Moberly Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Tuckian

United States

#1 May 13, 2010
Can anyone think of a time when Moberly's leadership has been so piss poor?

The City Council, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development.

Do these people actually do anything other than watch the community crumble?
Crazy Ike

Union, MO

#2 May 13, 2010
Yeh, they give Bob Cunningham "news" to print in his excuse for a newspaper.
Waitaminute

United States

#3 May 13, 2010
We have to give praise for our councils' "successful" "Community Spotlight" program. By sending their investigators (inspectors?) out to covertly photograph (LOCALLY NORMAL) run down properties,(especially those of the handicapped, disabled, and unemployed), and plastering them on our fine city website and the pages of our city rag,(for public discrimination if NOT "public" vote as "most distressed") they have "beautified" our city.(Too bad it didn't bring in new buisness as it was implied it would.)
Gotta give it up to them for the idea of a free trip to the dump in the middle of winter for citizens with no vehicle or trailer, let alone cash for gas, or the ability to wheel out in the snow to clean up whatever our council frowned upon.
That is intelligence and leadership at its finest.
Concerned

Lees Summit, MO

#4 Aug 2, 2010
Youve got to be kidding. The leadership is the best ever.
Moberly on the move

Moberly, MO

#5 Aug 3, 2010
Didnt they just land a chinese company here in moberly in less than 90 days, 600 jobs! Good Job! Lets get this town cleaned up!
Doctor Doggystyle

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 3, 2010
And a condom factory is coming to Moberly too! now if they could just bring us a hy-vee!
Get Jobs

Kansas City, MO

#7 Aug 3, 2010
I have heard that 3 more Chinese businesses are coming to Moberly and that they are all going out by the Mamtek factory, not sure what they are though.
math

United States

#8 Aug 3, 2010
39 million in city bonds?
Losers

Moberly, MO

#9 Oct 21, 2010
Community spotlight ended in 2009. Why are you still talking about it?
PLEASE

Peculiar, MO

#10 Oct 23, 2010
Get Jobs wrote:
I have heard that 3 more Chinese businesses are coming to Moberly and that they are all going out by the Mamtek factory, not sure what they are though.
So it is progress to bring foreign companies to our "American" soil, and place our community in financial dependence to them? Then perhaps we can take our wages from this "progress", spend it at Walmart, and it will go directly back to their country.
Only in mid-"AMERICA"?
Perhaps, with new job opportunities, for immigrants, our government will allow hundreds of new visas for them to come and replace those Americans who will be fired and laid-off, assuring jobs for the wave of immigration to come?
I really see progress and a future for the U.S.C.,(United States of China).....
Call it pessimism....or realism?
Winners

Peculiar, MO

#11 Oct 24, 2010
Losers wrote:
Didn't know such an "important" and "progressive" "PUBLIC?" program no longer existed - guess I missed the PUBLIC? announcement of its demise? I would think the end of such a vital public program would have been posted, just as the handicapped properties were plastered up for public degradation?
Thank you for informing us,(the public)- sorry to see it bothers you to be reminded of the futility and failure of such a waste of city funds and time, resulting only in proving the foolishness of a program created and carried out by our civic "servants"....
I would think it should not be forgotten, for AT LEAST the length of time that it persecuted and humiliated the unemployed, poor, elderly, disabled, and handicapped CITIZENS of our great community?
I will have to research how long the persecution lasted, but believe it was well over a year...unless you can inform us of that as well?
Losers is right. JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL.
Higbee

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Oct 24, 2010
We see nothing wrong with the Moberly elected governments.
STAND CORRECTED

Peculiar, MO

#13 Oct 25, 2010
According to this link - http://www.moberlymonitor.com/news/x359572438...
our civic servants strove to "eradicate blight" by persecuting and humiliating the unemployed, poor, disabled, aged and handicapped.
We all know they are the "blight" of our society, can't kill 'em, might as well persecute them....
LET US NOT FORGET

Peculiar, MO

#14 Oct 25, 2010
Losers wrote:
This ended in 2009 also, but is still worth consideration....
October 8, 2009
City of Moberly, MO Council Minutes
City Manager, Andrew Morris discussed a memo from Michael Bork, Parks and Recreation Director pertaining to the Professional Services Contract with Steve Nuhn, for renovations at the Municipal Auditorium. At the October 19, 2009 Council meeting, Mr. Bork will put before Council a General Services Agreement unless the Council objects.
The following bid was received for Moberly City Hall?s Heating and Cooling System: Peters Heating & Air Conditioning,$356,775.00. A motion was made by Boots and seconded by Lawrence to approve the bid. Ayes: Burton, Riley, Boots, Lawrence and Copenhaver. Nays: none.
Lawrence introduced a bill for an ordinance entitled:?AN ORDINANCE IN RELATION TO AUTHORZING THE CITY MANAGER OF MOBERLY, MISSOURI TO ACCEPT THE BID OF PETERS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING OF HANNIBAL, MISSOURI
IN THE AMOUNT OF $356,775.00 FOR EQUIPMENT AND INSTALLATION OF A NEW HVAC SYSTEM FOR CITY HALL? and moved that the bill be read two times by title for passage. Boots seconded the motion, and upon said motion the vote was as follows: Ayes: Burton, Riley, Boots, Lawrence and Copenhaver. Nays: none. The bill having previously been made available for public inspection was read by title two times. Riley moved that the bill be enacted into an ordinance. Copenhaver seconded the motion. The presiding officer having called for a vote on the motion, the vote was as follows: Ayes: Burton, Riley, Boots, Lawrence and Copenhaver. Nays: none.
Frank B

Independence, MO

#15 Oct 26, 2010
Well get your arse out there and get elected. That's how all them boys got new air conditioners at their houses! Get up to Lula's, buy drinks, offer free services, give them cash and you can get the bid. This is how Moberly works. We all know this, just join em and quit complaining.
Birds of a feather

Kansas City, MO

#16 Oct 27, 2010
Frank B wrote:
Well get your arse out there and get elected. That's how all them boys got new air conditioners at their houses! Get up to Lula's, buy drinks, offer free services, give them cash and you can get the bid. This is how Moberly works. We all know this, just join em and quit complaining.
I'll die complaining, poor and persecuted before hanging with crooks who persecute those whose money they waste frivalously, to out of town kickbackers....
Speaks volumes for itself

United States

#17 Nov 25, 2010
Nurse15

Kansas City, MO

#18 Mar 6, 2011
Speaks volumes for itself wrote:
http://www.komu.com/KOMU/d7e20 17e-80ce-18b5-00fa-0004d8d229c b/7588a11b-80ce-18b5-00be-542f e98bb3bf.html
This city Manager is not helping--who does the hiring? Come on! And no, you can't help because if you get voted on the City Council--its one against all of them and you will get out voted!
Common Denominator

Moberly, MO

#19 Mar 8, 2011
Nurse15 wrote:
<quoted text>
This city Manager is not helping--who does the hiring? Come on! And no, you can't help because if you get voted on the City Council--its one against all of them and you will get out voted!

Couldn't disagree more! I don't know Mr. Morris personally but he is definitely an asset to Moberly and he is a very positive role model. People are grateful for his service to our community.
Nurse15

Kansas City, MO

#20 Mar 8, 2011
Common Denominator wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't disagree more! I don't know Mr. Morris personally but he is definitely an asset to Moberly and he is a very positive role model. People are grateful for his service to our community.
Since you "don't know him personally", could you enlighten us on what he has done or how our city has improved. I mean that openly and fairly. I honestly would like to know and then I may stand corrected. Speaking with employees, that is not the impression that I have gotten and I have not "seen" much. But I will be the first to say, somethings are done behind the scenes and sometimes "forgotten about".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hazel Hess (Feb '09) Sun mo gal 114
Tommy Fainter (Jun '15) May 1 fainterhater 11
Monitor Index Haunted Apr 30 Felt It 6
any good pain docs in moberly (Feb '14) Apr 30 Knobbyknees 10
Sick of the bells Apr 30 Browniemom 4
collen Humphrey (May '15) Apr 30 in the know 6
Amber Settle Apr 30 Amber Settle 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages