Valinda

United States

#21 Feb 18, 2013
The founding fathers never dreamed the ignorant would be allowed to vote, sir!
Ben Riggins

United States

#22 Feb 18, 2013
the commisoners have everyone in the county under there control to! you go look at there roads and you see what im talking aoubt. we been trying to gert holiday acres done but they dont like it and the assesor raises our taxes! to the lady valinda who says were not smart, im not that smart, but I sure have paid my fair share of taxes forty years!! Im sorry you have to live with us dumb people.
hmm

Columbia, MO

#23 Feb 18, 2013
Valinda wrote:
The founding fathers never dreamed the ignorant would be allowed to vote, sir!
they never dreamed women would either.
Newsflash

Mexico, MO

#24 Feb 18, 2013
amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't your husband on the Economic Development board that brought us mamtek that is costing the city hundreds of thousands of dollars just in legal fees? Yep, guess all the elected and non-elected officials should do as you say.
Oh yes. Please do tell.
want the truth

Moberly, MO

#25 Feb 18, 2013
Valinda, I would guess that you are one of the ignorant people you speak of, to make a remark such as this. The gentlemen that says it is a ridiculous post, I have to ask where do you get that line of thinking? Do you think it ridiculous for elected officials to represent the population that they are there to serve, are they not referenced to as public servants? Do you think for one moment that people shouuld not take a stand on the issues, is that not what the founding father's are are refered to so openly these days. I will take a stand when needed. Another thing to get straight remember you history that the citizens of Germany stood by and let a fascist leader take control of that country, let me remind you not all fascist leaders look like Hitler.sometimes they look like Tim Remole and other's like him! Now back to Valinda before you refer to someone and their ignorance better check your own IQ level.
want the truth

Moberly, MO

#26 Feb 18, 2013
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
they never dreamed women would either.
By the way you just flushed yourself out, THAT SAYS TEABAGGER! That says Koch brothers stooge,they are laughing at you all the way to the bank and loving that you and those like you buy in to their scam.
Moberly does nothing

United States

#27 Feb 18, 2013
Valinda wrote:
The founding fathers never dreamed the ignorant would be allowed to vote, sir!
That is exactly right "want the truth". When people sit back, complain and do nothing.....that is how things like the Holocust or more recently and close to home, MAMTEK happen.

Lesson of the day: We are Americans and have a right to free speech, our OPINIONS and
to comment on the performance of our elected leaders.

Its the small minded and usually uneducated people, like Valinda, that try to stifle someone's opinion's when they do not agree with them. Valinda, why don't you try telling us of instances, track records and actual fact that you depend on to form your opinions.

Valinda, who are you to call someone stupid for their opinion? Who are you to say WHO has enough to brains to vote or not?

Valinda, you do realize that there are people in business that would not hire you soley because your name is Valinda. Unless it was at a strip club or something. You might want to watch what stones you throw. Of course, this is just my opinion----
Ms Marcelledbetter

Mexico, MO

#28 Feb 18, 2013
Okay here is a thought for all of you out there, have you tried to please everyone? Were you able to please everyone that you met, not just your friends? I have know Tim since I was 7 years old, now I'm 40, he is an honest,good man, he puts God and family first. At the debate he was quite clear on his stance on RTW and unions. He has been a union employee before and he knows how it works. He has never mislead a single person. I would be willing to bet that those on here griping are the ones that chose not to vote for him. I will proudly say that I did. I would love to see any of you do any better. My grandparents taught me that if you didn't vote you couldn't b**ch. Well as long as you each voted you have that right, if you didn't you need to sit down and be still. I'm proud of Tim and pray daily that we as a nation get back to where we should be, a strong nation, under God. God Bless you Tim and bless everyone in our state as well.
want the truth

Moberly, MO

#29 Feb 18, 2013
I have no doubt that he is good in character, he is just not doing the job he is elected to do, he doesn't seem to realize that it would help to do the research on the matter at hand before making a judgment on how he will stand on the. I do hold his honesty in question and his knowledge in the union workings. The other issue is the separation of church and state, we can leave religion out of the discussion. To inform you that no I did not vote for him, I didn't like the fact that he has ties to the teaparty movement, this is the main problem with politics today. These people are nothing more than domestic terrorists, holding the workings of goverment hostage any every chance they get. For this I did not vote for him, and you're right I will gripe for the fact he is pushing outside interests in this issue, and he is as stated before he is nothing more than a figurehead, and he is not alone in this extreme agenda there are many more besides him.I hope you understand my disrespect for this so-called representative I am stuck with.
Ms Marcelledbetter

Mexico, MO

#30 Feb 18, 2013
First do your history....this country was founded on religion/church...this country's beliefs have always been true to what our founding father's beliefs were. So if you aren't a democrat or a liberal then you are not able to think for yourself or are you just wrong? From what I am getting from you I understand you to say that if someone doesn't agree with you and your views they are wrong. As far as you being "stuck" with this representative here is an option for you...move to an area where you have a representative you can be proud of and agree with. I do NOT belong to a party, I have a mind of my own and I DO dig and look at politicians records and their home lives and their reputations before I vote. I know that Tim and I have sat and talked about unions and YES he does know how they work and what they stand for. I believe in the past they did great things, the 8 hour work day, 40 hour work week, etc. What others need to realize is they have gotten to big for their britches just like our government has. I don't give a good two cents if you do/don't go to church, that is your right. Our founding fathers and our military have fought to give you those rights and our military still makes sure those rights are protected. Free speech is a wonderful thing. As for the question I posed before that you skipped right over and never answered....Have you ever been able to make everyone you come into contact with happy? I don't know a single person who has and if someone told me that they did I would be inclined to believe that either they are lying or are delusional.
anti union

Mexico, MO

#31 Feb 18, 2013
I have have had the misfourtune of working around several different unions for the past few years and what i have seen first hand and spoken to members of the union is it a giant freaking game that costs the consumer in the end. You have people making large hourly wages such has 3 to 6 times minumum wage and if they are a machine operator and a hose on their machine is leaking from an obvious loose clamp. They will shut down the machine and wait for a mechanic to spend 30 seconds to tighten it even if that calls for 3 hours of down time for the mechanic to arrive and a bill for several hundred dollars. All because the cant "steal work" what a bunch of bs.
I know of at least 2 unions that the "company" has people who's main job is setting up situations to try and find a worker breaking a rule just to have the union jump in to get their job back. Of all the non union companies i work with, none of them play these stupid little games. And the garbage just goes on and on and on and who pays for all these expenses in the end? Yep the consumer.
If a company puts 20 million dollars in upgrades to a factory and because of the improvements they cut costs and make a larher profit, guess what the unions want a bigger chunk on the next contract, but if the improvements do not work out and the company loses money do the unions pay them a part to offset the loss? Of course they dont. Unions want all the rewards even if they didnt take the risk because lord forbid someone to take a financial risk that works out without the union profiting also.
Moberly does nothing

United States

#32 Feb 18, 2013
Ms Marcelledbetter wrote:
First do your history....this country was founded on religion/church...this country's beliefs have always been true to what our founding father's beliefs were. So if you aren't a democrat or a liberal then you are not able to think for yourself or are you just wrong? From what I am getting from you I understand you to say that if someone doesn't agree with you and your views they are wrong. As far as you being "stuck" with this representative here is an option for you...move to an area where you have a representative you can be proud of and agree with. I do NOT belong to a party, I have a mind of my own and I DO dig and look at politicians records and their home lives and their reputations before I vote. I know that Tim and I have sat and talked about unions and YES he does know how they work and what they stand for. I believe in the past they did great things, the 8 hour work day, 40 hour work week, etc. What others need to realize is they have gotten to big for their britches just like our government has. I don't give a good two cents if you do/don't go to church, that is your right. Our founding fathers and our military have fought to give you those rights and our military still makes sure those rights are protected. Free speech is a wonderful thing. As for the question I posed before that you skipped right over and never answered....Have you ever been able to make everyone you come into contact with happy? I don't know a single person who has and if someone told me that they did I would be inclined to believe that either they are lying or are delusional.
Ms Marcelledbetter, did you really just ask the question, and I qoute "From what I am getting from you I understand you to say that if someone doesn't agree with you and your views they are wrong."

Um yea, usually if you don't have the same views, you think the other side is wrong. Evidentally, you don't agree with other's views and you are on here telling them that they are wrong. In fact, you are actually telling people to move .

No one said he had to make everyone happy, but people can still have an opinion, even if it does not make you happy Ms. Marecelldbetter. Who are you to tell people to move?

I have not made up my mind, I have had one experience but am looking for hard fact,background information and debate to get the info to make my decision. But instead, all I am getting from Remole's campaign people is that if I do not AGREE with them, I HAVE TO MOVE?

Supporters that get on here and tell anyone that thinks different "to move" or someone outlandish thing like that--you are just hurting the very candidate that you are suppose to be supporting!
Ms Marcelledbetter

Mexico, MO

#33 Feb 19, 2013
Moberly does nothing...I am not a campaign person of Remole's. There is a difference between a supporter and a campaign member. I do not believe that anyone SHOULD have to move, I believe that it one way to get rid of the problem this person feels like they are subjected to. If you will pick up the phone and call Tim he will talk to you. If he is not in leave a number and he will get back to you. I don't always see the "other" side as "wrong" sometimes it is just about choosing which one I feel has more of the same values and ethics as I wish for my children to see. I want my children to grow up to be good, honest, hard working men who don't lie, cheat, steal, beat people, kill, people who will stand up and defend others that can't defend themselves. I am sorry if I hold them to a standard similar to my grandparents. I am sorry if I want my politicians to have the same standards. I really believe that if you want facts you don't come to this site. This site is generally people who won't put their real names out there slamming people with the protection of a computer screen. I have to be honest I looked at voting for Ms. Scott, but her stance on unions and a few other things are what ensured my vote for Tim. I had an awesome father who taught me to vote for record and policy, before you vote friendship. He said that friends and family would be the first to jack you over every time.(Don't loan money to these people, he'd say, not unless you are okay with never getting it back.)I am sorry if you don't agree with me but I am also happy you don't as the world would be a very boring place if we were all little carbon copies. I'm pretty sure that no matter what we all want what is best for our children and I truly believe that Tim is that man. Please ignore all of us, both for and against him, give him a chance to speak for himself. Yes I will defend him but I don't need to, he's a great man and will be a great leader.Please call him and ask all the questions you wish, I know he would be happy to answer each one.
Busy Bodies

Macon, MO

#34 Feb 19, 2013
should have worked the campaign for the other person harder!
Moberly does nothing

United States

#36 Feb 19, 2013
Ms.Marcelledbetter...

Your comment ,"He said that friends and family would be the first to jack you over every time.(Don't loan money to these people, he'd say, not unless you are okay with never getting it back.)" is an excellent example of why one SHOULD vote for Mr.Remole.

Now that is true support. Telling the people of his character. I like it.

However, let me explain something to you and all of the readers. I vote, I pay taxes, I have a great credit score and am definately not a drain on society or any resources of Moberly.

I give and am involved in MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE all the way to the State level.

And, I will be damned if someone /anyone, tells me that I need to move. Because let me explain something, if I move, I take all my assets and bank deposits with me. If my money is out of the banks, the banks assets are lowered. Therefore, the banks cannot loan as much out for things such as, improvements, house buying, start up and credit lines for businesses..etc.

So you see, I give more than I take. I supply more than I demand. And, even if I did not, EVERYONE has a right to express opinions on elected Officials. I will sure and the hell express my opinions and let me tell you, NO ONE will tell me when I need to move, especially someone from an elected Officials support group.

Now, if you don't like that, maybe you should move.
Valinda

Independence, MO

#37 Feb 19, 2013
All of you need to move because you do nothing but complain. Not one of you has said anything kind.
mobfrustrated

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Feb 19, 2013
Valinda wrote:
Thanks for all your comments. Tim is an outstanding individual, and to the Mamtek question, yes. Orschelns was part of getting this organization here in efforts to expand the workforce. We took a shot, and got burned. Moberly should have enough money to pay this off. Moberly deserves the blame because they like being led around on a chain.
There has never been any mention of Orscheln with Mamtek. There are plenty of people in the workforce for all the Orscheln businesses here. Moberly is getting the blame but it was you At Economic Development and Mehaffy who pulled the chain. It was Mehaffy and Economic Development that had to testify before Senate and House and then fork over all their emails for the huge insurance lawsuit. Did you put up any of your personal money?
Valinda

Independence, MO

#39 Feb 19, 2013
Orschelns messed up the courthouse and Mamtek! How can you solely place the blame on Mehaffy? It's foolish to think he could put something that big together by himself. We put who we want in office and we decide what companies move here. If we don't like one, we'll actively campaign against them! You can take that to the bank, Mobfrost!
Stupid People Finder

Independence, MO

#40 Feb 19, 2013
I cannot believe the number of stupid people on here. Valinda, you're just insane. You must be one of the freaky people you see at presidential conventions wearing candidate swag and waving signs.
Religion

Mexico, MO

#41 Feb 20, 2013
Remole's religious views and his insistence on putting that in front of him insure that I won't vote for him or anyone like him. On a national and even a state level these politicians blatantly use religion to gather votes from simple-minded voters. Are they actually faithful? Of course not, in that line of work how could they be? I realize a more naive politician at a local level might actually be one of the simple-minded, thus quite faithful.
Either way, religious views have absolutely no place in making public policy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ej kempker (May '12) 3 hr Michael 40
Brandon Tallman Fri Alyssa 12
EE new subdivision?? Fri townsarathole 4
edgel fry (Sep '11) Fri concerned 26
Dragons Creation Tattoo (Feb '16) Dec 14 Mob man 31
Dana L. McCreery (Dec '10) Dec 13 Trash 13
Blue or black tow truck diver shawn Dec 13 Hmmm 15

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages