Dry Foam Cleaning Service Vans

Dry Foam Cleaning Service Vans

Posted in the Moberly Forum

really

Fayette, MO

#2 Sep 11, 2012
News Reporter wrote:
Most readers here hopefully already know not to let anybody who says they are doing a free cleaning service into their homes, but as a heads up, there are groups driving around in vans that read "Dry Foam Cleaning Service" who go door to door making that claim when it is really a front trying to sell used Kirby vacuum cleaners, claiming them to be brand new. They will start their demo by vacuuming your carpet with your own vacuum, then vacuuming again with the Kirby vacuum. They will use pads instead of a bag for their Kirby vacuum to show what their vacuum sucks up, which will be a lot of small carpet particles to make it look like your vacuum cleaner left behind a lot more dirt than it really did. They will also get real pushy at wanting to get into your bedroom to vacuum the bed as well as shampooing your carpet and putting sand in your carpet to vacuum it back up. After that, they will get real pushy at trying to push a Kirby sale on you and trying to make it sound like the vacuum you already have doesn't really work. They will even beg, claiming they need one more sale to win a certain trip somewhere. They claim the market price on that thing is $2,000, which is a lie to begin with, then begin to lower it. They will stay in your house, refusing to leave, for hours with their continual high pressure sales tactics. They even go as far as threatening and cussing at people a lot if they can't close the sale. Some of them have gone even farther by trying to force themselves into people's houses against their will, then trying to do a demo with the Kirby vacuum. That's not to mention the amount of them who will case the house for anything they might want, asking about alarm systems you might have as well as when you're home and when you're not with possible plans of coming back on their own time to rob you when you're not home. There have been plenty of incidents involving this same company all over central Missouri. They do occasionally drive through Moberly is why I'm posting this as a heads up deal. Their office is based in Columbia, but the real reason they don't normally solicit in Columbia is because they are the same company that got shut down by the Columbia PD a few years ago for legal reasons back when they went by Team Enterprises. They came back a couple of years ago at a new location as Team Navigator and are still currently going by different names like Navigator Group, CR & Associates, and CR Distributing. They do need certification slips to solicit in Moberly, but they do use their old ones from back when they went by Team Enterprises. It is best not to even let them in and to threaten to call the police when they start refusing to leave. Another idea might be to call the police if you see them in the area, and mention that their certifications are under the name Team Enterprises, which are from before when they were shut down, and might not even be legit anymore. The whole thing is a big rip off and it is not easy getting them to leave if you let them in.
Are these the same people going door to door with the febreeze cans?

Since: May 12

Fulton, MO

#5 Sep 16, 2012
yes i had one come to my door..i already have a kirby so i said i already have one and slammed the door lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn McCormick 3 hr Shawn 3
Christina Williams 5 hr Joe 2
Jessica Fainter 7 hr Bev 29
What is going on with Moberly PD? 10 hr Bir 14
Shelly Welker 10 hr Bir 11
Dr. Justin Lamonda suspended 17 hr Reality check 5
Trevor Bruce 20 hr Amber 20

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance