AG Koster to make Mamtek announcement

Posted in the Moberly Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mobfrustrated

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Missouri attorney general, who is running for re-election, will be in Moberly this morning to announce the findings of his investigation. A re-election photo op means no Moberly officials will be found guilty in any of this. Somebody outside the MMI, who only does press releases and has no news reporter, needs to go and ask some real questions.
Mindy

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Very sad that the LOCALS will not be held accountable, especially when they have a habit of disregarding laws and just plain NOT doing the right thing.

Between the Police Department being sued by that family and the locals disregarding laws, it seems Moberly will NEVER be cleaned up. Moberly Officials hurried this deal thru, did not let the voters vote and on top of that, Moberly Officials remained silent and would not even Educate Moberlyans on what was going on.

I have no idea why the AG would protect the Moberly Officials? Do you know why they would do this?

I imagine its because of the cost of litigation. Maybe its an election move?

Ed Martin for Attorney General in the next election? AG Koster has let Moberly down, Moberly will NEVER get cleaned up. You just can't trust these people to do the right thing, can you?

Does anyone know where you can view this investigation? Who has the investigation that Moberly had done? Where you can find Koster's investigation?
Disappointed Missourian

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Disappointed MIssourian wrote-
To MIssouri voters:
Please just remember that AG Koster has just let ALL officials know that they can do whatever they want to you, to your community and that your local Government can be unethical and disregard the laws and it is PERFECTLY fine.

Your local Officials can disregard your right to vote on big expeditures and disregard the wishes of the people that they have sworn to serve.

Attorney General Koster will give them a pass. Please remember that at election time.

Just to remind you-If you did the same thing, these locals would throw you in jail. However, because they are considered "leaders" they can do whatever they want. Koster just told them that they could.

LADY JUSTICE has been absent from Moberly/Randolph County for some time. Seems Koster just slammed the door in her face again.
Informed Moberly Citizen

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Nixon is a democrat
Koster is a republican

Pretty sure with it being election time, the republicans wanted Nixon to look bad.

Its all political. I do not vote by party. My final vote is cast for right person that is best suited for the job. I have no party affiliation or party loyalty once I get in the booth.

However, Koster just hurt all Republicans in my book. We now know what they find acceptable.
Hey ya hey ya hey ya

Mexico, MO

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Janet Morales totally called it right at the beginning and they shut her paper down by pushing her ads to recall their ad money. Buyer Beware. The city council should have GOOGLED this guy and his Mamtek piece of crap business before they ever gave him any $$. He was a snake oil salesman and the city council fell for it like a bunch of uneducated, redneck rubes. Idiots and par for the course in this town.
Informed Moberly Citizen

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Hey ya hey ya hey ya wrote:
Janet Morales totally called it right at the beginning and they shut her paper down by pushing her ads to recall their ad money. Buyer Beware. The city council should have GOOGLED this guy and his Mamtek piece of crap business before they ever gave him any $$. He was a snake oil salesman and the city council fell for it like a bunch of uneducated, redneck rubes. Idiots and par for the course in this town.
Funny how you and I understand this information and somehow, the Attorney General Koster seemed to side step and ignore this information. Its unbelievable!
Bruce Cole

Pilot Grove, MO

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Thank you Moberly, and I'm out! PROJECT SUGAR FOREVER!
Wrong party

Pleasant Hill, MO

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Informed Moberly Citizen wrote:
Nixon is a democrat
Koster is a republican
Pretty sure with it being election time, the republicans wanted Nixon to look bad.
Its all political. I do not vote by party. My final vote is cast for right person that is best suited for the job. I have no party affiliation or party loyalty once I get in the booth.
However, Koster just hurt all Republicans in my book. We now know what they find acceptable.
Koster is a democrat not republican.
Wrong party

Pleasant Hill, MO

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Justice for Moberly

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2012
From what I read on the web he is looking at possible 10-15 years state time with a fine. How is that Justice. Another GOOD questio- Why are FEDS not involved with charging him?
Informed Moberly Citizen

United States

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Wrong party wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for correcting me! And you are right but read this..........

Chris Koster (born August 31, 1964) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Missouri and is the current Attorney General of Missouri. Prior to his election as Attorney General, he had served in the Missouri Senate since 2005 representing the 31st Senatorial District as a Republican until August 1, 2007 when he switched to the Democratic Party.[1]

He switched parties. Not sure who's interest he working for but it sure is not Moberly's!
Informed Moberly Citizen

United States

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Bruce Cole wrote:
Thank you Moberly, and I'm out! PROJECT SUGAR FOREVER!
I have tried to have faith and be positive. Its is an uphill battle with these crooks. From top to bottom.

Like you, I AM OUT! Sad, but well said.
Moberly does nothing

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Chris Koster (born August 31, 1964) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Missouri and is the current Attorney General of Missouri. Prior to his election as Attorney General, he had served in the Missouri Senate since 2005 representing the 31st Senatorial District as a Republican until August 1, 2007 when he switched to the Democratic Party.[1]
He switched parties. Not sure who's interest he working for but it sure is not Moberly's!
This is another example that Moberly Residents think local Government should be held accountable!!!!!! Moberly cannot afford for Riley to "think anyone else is personable"!!!!!!!!!!
"Frustrations still run high among Moberly residents, some of whom watched Koster's news conference. Norman Wright, a retired construction contractor, said he was glad to hear of the charges against Cole.
But "I think they should have arrested his wife. I think they ought to arrest the City Council, too," Wright said. "They didn't do their homework."
Moberly Mayor Bob Riley said that, in hindsight, Cole "was not as honest as he could have been" with local officials eager to generate jobs for the north-central Missouri town of about 14,000.
"He was a very personable man — and still is, I'm sure —(it was) hard not to join on the bandwagon," Riley said."
Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/articl...
nowonder

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Sep 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Pretty sure he's working for Koster's interests. UMB had this info months ago. The court documents have been on centralmoinfo.com and the Columbia Tribune. But it's getting close to election time so he had to do something. He's probably been waiting for the right photo op. He's lucky Cole didn't make off for the Caymans before they came for him.
schmucky

Mexico, MO

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Moberly does nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another example that Moberly Residents think local Government should be held accountable!!!!!! Moberly cannot afford for Riley to "think anyone else is personable"!!!!!!!!!!
"Frustrations still run high among Moberly residents, some of whom watched Koster's news conference. Norman Wright, a retired construction contractor, said he was glad to hear of the charges against Cole.
But "I think they should have arrested his wife. I think they ought to arrest the City Council, too," Wright said. "They didn't do their homework."
Moberly Mayor Bob Riley said that, in hindsight, Cole "was not as honest as he could have been" with local officials eager to generate jobs for the north-central Missouri town of about 14,000.
"He was a very personable man — and still is, I'm sure —(it was) hard not to join on the bandwagon," Riley said."
Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/articl...
Incompetence riley and the entire city councel need to step down and while you're at it pay the money back so I don't have to!
Moberly Goofballs

United States

#16 Sep 18, 2012
So many misinformed opinions being tossed about. Exactly what are they going to arrest and charge the mayor and city council with? Being idiots and inadequate at their jobs? Ok. So lets arrest half the population as well, since that has somehow become a crime. I can't stand the city council and the leaders of this community as much as the next person, but exactly what did you expect Koster's office to do in regards to them? He did as much as he legally can do. Pursue the criminal charges to the fullest extent and put the man behind bars. They have evidence that this man defrauded the community. It's done, black and white, clear as day. These wild conspiracy theories and lack of evidence accusations against the city council are absurd. Cole, if convicted of all counts, faces 55 years in prison. The man is going to rot in a prison cell, for whatever days he has left. I consider that a pretty good dose of justice the AG just delivered for the people of this community and those that look to swindle communities.

I love the lets go vote for Ed Martin BS. Ed Martin has never tried a single jury case in a court of law. Ever. The man is a bumbling idiot that has run for 3 different offices over the last year (U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and Attorney General). Personally, a man that has never tried a jury trial in a court of law, and can't make up his mind what he wants to do when he grows up, has no place being the head prosecutor for the state of Missouri and it's citizens. Martin is a political bobblehead. Personally, you should be asking the Fusselmans, why they have Ed Martin signs hanging all over, when Mike Fusselman is supposed to be working WITH Attorney General Koster in pursuing this case and justice for the people of Moberly. That seems like a conflict of interest, if you ask me.

The civil suits are coming. Bruce Cole is in jail and will be for 55 years. Chris Koster did the best he could, with the turd he was handed.
Be informed

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Moberly Goofballs wrote:
So many misinformed opinions being tossed about. Exactly what are they going to arrest and charge the mayor and city council with? Being idiots and inadequate at their jobs? Ok. So lets arrest half the population as well, since that has somehow become a crime. I can't stand the city council and the leaders of this community as much as the next person, but exactly what did you expect Koster's office to do in regards to them? He did as much as he legally can do. Pursue the criminal charges to the fullest extent and put the man behind bars. They have evidence that this man defrauded the community. It's done, black and white, clear as day. These wild conspiracy theories and lack of evidence accusations against the city council are absurd. Cole, if convicted of all counts, faces 55 years in prison. The man is going to rot in a prison cell, for whatever days he has left. I consider that a pretty good dose of justice the AG just delivered for the people of this community and those that look to swindle communities.
I love the lets go vote for Ed Martin BS. Ed Martin has never tried a single jury case in a court of law. Ever. The man is a bumbling idiot that has run for 3 different offices over the last year (U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and Attorney General). Personally, a man that has never tried a jury trial in a court of law, and can't make up his mind what he wants to do when he grows up, has no place being the head prosecutor for the state of Missouri and it's citizens. Martin is a political bobblehead. Personally, you should be asking the Fusselmans, why they have Ed Martin signs hanging all over, when Mike Fusselman is supposed to be working WITH Attorney General Koster in pursuing this case and justice for the people of Moberly. That seems like a conflict of interest, if you ask me.
The civil suits are coming. Bruce Cole is in jail and will be for 55 years. Chris Koster did the best he could, with the turd he was handed.
ED MARTIN BIo from his campaign website-copied and pasted this:
After the end of this church service, Ed spent the summer working at the Institute for Justice in Washington, D.C.
During the 2001-02 term of the federal Court of Appeals for Eighth Circuit, Ed served a judicial clerk to Honorable Pasco M. Bowman, II. During this time, Ed lived in downtown Kansas City.
Immediately following his clerkship, Ed joined the St. Louis-based international law firm Bryan Cave, LLC specializing in commercial litigation.
In the fall of 2004, Ed left Bryan Cave and started his own law firm. He specialized in litigation and small business practice.
In 2005, Ed led a team in taking on Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Also, in 2005, Ed was appointed Chairman of the St. Louis Board of Election Commissioners. He took on ACORN, stream-lined the office, and implemented the Help America Vote Act.
In 2006, Ed was appointed as chief of staff to Governor Matt Blunt.
My thoughts:
Martin took on ACORN and helped get rid of GOV ROD BLAGOJEVICH..........sounds like he is against corruption and will take a stand.
I have no idea if he has been in the courtroom but sounds like he may get results without HAVING to step foot in one!
Im Leaving

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2012
I am selling and moving out of Moberly. They can be corrupt together but I will not let their corruption affect me. Moberly has lost goods, services, jobs and reputation and it will only continue. Thought something was going to get done about it. Thought things would change and Moberly could move on and up.

That will never happen. Riley is in charge and when he is thru, there will be nothing left.

The problems we have now, will only get bigger and multiply. There is no hope or growth for Moberly.

None of our locals will be held accountable. They are free to continue on with their corruption. Look at their track record.....
notforsure

Columbia, MO

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Im Leaving wrote:
I am selling and moving out of Moberly. They can be corrupt together but I will not let their corruption affect me. Moberly has lost goods, services, jobs and reputation and it will only continue. Thought something was going to get done about it. Thought things would change and Moberly could move on and up.
That will never happen. Riley is in charge and when he is thru, there will be nothing left.
The problems we have now, will only get bigger and multiply. There is no hope or growth for Moberly.
None of our locals will be held accountable. They are free to continue on with their corruption. Look at their track record.....
This is my plan as well. Good luck to both of us selling our houses!
Hmmmm

United States

#21 Sep 19, 2012
Be informed wrote:
<quoted text>
ED MARTIN BIo from his campaign website-copied and pasted this:
After the end of this church service, Ed spent the summer working at the Institute for Justice in Washington, D.C.
During the 2001-02 term of the federal Court of Appeals for Eighth Circuit, Ed served a judicial clerk to Honorable Pasco M. Bowman, II. During this time, Ed lived in downtown Kansas City.
Immediately following his clerkship, Ed joined the St. Louis-based international law firm Bryan Cave, LLC specializing in commercial litigation.
In the fall of 2004, Ed left Bryan Cave and started his own law firm. He specialized in litigation and small business practice.
In 2005, Ed led a team in taking on Governor Rod Blagojevich.
Also, in 2005, Ed was appointed Chairman of the St. Louis Board of Election Commissioners. He took on ACORN, stream-lined the office, and implemented the Help America Vote Act.
In 2006, Ed was appointed as chief of staff to Governor Matt Blunt.
My thoughts:
Martin took on ACORN and helped get rid of GOV ROD BLAGOJEVICH..........sounds like he is against corruption and will take a stand.
I have no idea if he has been in the courtroom but sounds like he may get results without HAVING to step foot in one!
A copy and paste from Martin's site paints him as a saint. Who woulda known! LOL. While your on "The Google", look up the corruption and "lost" documents during his time in the Blunt Administration and his eventual "resignation" from that position. He led a team taking on Blago!?! Really? Exactly what did he lead? A Twitter campaign calling for Blago to be tried? Did he drive to Illinois in his Ed Martin "Whamublance"? Exactly, what was he able to do, as a Missouri attorney, on a matter that took place and was tried in Illinois? Dude is a goofball and a horrible liar. He would tell you fools he turned water into wine if he thought it would get him elected to whatever office he is running for this week. Personally, i'm surprised he's lasted this long in the AG race. I really figured he would have dropped and moved on to his 4th race in 12 months. Backbone? LOL. If you say so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any information on Rick's tires on Morley street? 6 hr Springer77 2
The Minks Twins (Mar '13) 19 hr Kwright 29
Milo Smith Tue guessing 16
stupidity in moberly and on this forum Tue Kirby Klown 2
rick shackleford (Apr '11) Tue hahaha 5
Kiatcha Schultz Mon Jim bob 3
Sasha clarkson Aug 27 John 3

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance