Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2013
A power trip for our county. I'm surprised they don't tell you how many times a day you can take a crap. Do they really care about these people or just want to control their every move?
crooked town

United States

#2 Apr 18, 2013
Yeah, Judge Suter had a person on drug court arrested because she has a facebook. Really, that's what my tax dollars pay for? How stupid is that. Says a lot about what they are really trying to do.
Wow

Independence, MO

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Well the alternative to drug court is prison...maybe you should have just went... Personally I think drug court is too easy for some,sounds like you think you should just do what you want with no repercussions for your actions.. Drug court won't help you ...they should just go on and put ypu in prison.
crooked town

United States

#4 Apr 18, 2013
I'm not the one on drug court, stupid. And you really think having a Facebook account is worth that? You must work for Randolph county. This person has stayed clean and jumped through all their hoops so because they can't find a real violation against them they use this as a reason. Do you know that if you talk to lawyers from other counties they talk about how crooked Randolph county is. And what a joke we are to them. Get a clue.
crooked town

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2013
I think its time to get a hold of the Columbia Tribune and have them do a story about this. Wonder how Suter would feel about that.
Wow

Independence, MO

#6 Apr 18, 2013
Seriously, you think I work for the county because I disagree with you? I am sure the Facebook wasn't the real issue.. It was probably something posted on the Facebook that got them in trouble,but just think prison is the other option.. You can't have facebook there either. If you don't like Randolph county then leave, I am sure you are just a waste of tax payers money anyway. We can tell that by your beliefs. If you can't obey the law there are consequences . It's really a simple concept one that is suppose to be taught as a child, action....reaction. There are rules everywhere you go and everything you do ,so if you don't want punished by law ...don't break them. Nobody feels sorry that your friend is being punished... It's called justice! Drug court is a second chance ..maybe they should just be thankful for it!
crooked town

United States

#7 Apr 18, 2013
It is simply because they have a Facebook. I know this for a fact. And believe me after my youngest child graduates I will be leaving this joke of a county. I hope that you never have to deal with our counties legal system. You will be in for a rude awakening.
fact is

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2013
well I seriously doubt its a power issue ...I have a friend in Macon co that is in drug court and he is more than happy to abide by there guidelines set forth...I suppose its how you look cat your recovery and motivation
crooked town

United States

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Yeah, I'm sure Macon county isn't near as crooked as Randolph.
fact is

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2013
I doubt that either are nearly as crooked as they are accused of being ..if you've made it to their playground ...its their rules ..people don't get drug court for jaywalking ..
crooked town

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2013
fact is wrote:
I doubt that either are nearly as crooked as they are accused of being ..if you've made it to their playground ...its their rules ..people don't get drug court for jaywalking ..
Never said they did. They had an addiction. They have already been phased up a level for doing good. But this person is young and likes her Facebook. She is not supposed to have per their rules. But really you need to arrest them for it? And the real kicker, they have a $20,000 cash only bond. I mean really, for Facebook.
Dan Mandoli

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Apr 18, 2013
crooked town wrote:
Yeah, Judge Suter had a person on drug court arrested because she has a facebook. Really, that's what my tax dollars pay for? How stupid is that. Says a lot about what they are really trying to do.
Sorry Crooked...they cannot and do not arrest a person for simply having Facebook. I hate to tell you, but your friend is leaving a piece of the story out if they are telling you they were incarcerated for simply having a Facebook account. Chances are they created a posting that was in direct violation of their court sentence or parole. As someone who works in the legal field, the story you told sounds dramatic, but completely fictitious.
Dan Mandoli

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Apr 18, 2013
Sorry Crooked...we were posting at the same time and I just read your posting that they were not to have access to Facebook but continued using it. Simple - you break the rules and you pay the price. Most judges I know would have given the same form of punishment. It's simple - don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about. It's when a person thinks they are above the law that things turn our very differently. I wish the best for your friend.
fact is

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2013
the rules that they set are done for each individual ..case ..a persons inability to follow rules or laws obviously has something to do with this restriction that's been implemented...my friend for instance used fb as a communication with his " buyers" so it made sense even tho it may sound trivial... when drug court is offered ..its clearly stated you will do it their way..
anyone I know that's completed the program has said it was what changed their life and .if you think its going to be easy ...you will never make it
Get Real

Kansas City, MO

#15 Apr 18, 2013
crooked town wrote:
<quoted text> Never said they did. They had an addiction. They have already been phased up a level for doing good. But this person is young and likes her Facebook. She is not supposed to have per their rules. But really you need to arrest them for it? And the real kicker, they have a $20,000 cash only bond. I mean really, for Facebook.
Is this the Chrysten girl that the judge told to shut her facebook down?? Then she cried and said that's ok I have twitter & instagram!! Yeah she's really learning. I don't think any of us need it just more ways to hook up with the wrong people!
notbuyingit

Columbia, MO

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Bullshit. I'm not buying that she's on a 20,000 dollar bail for having a facebook account. There is more to the story then that so if you want to tell it then do. They wouldn't put that much bail even if she had went against the rule that she can't have or use her account. She done something else like made a drug comment or drug deal via facebook or something. I know the criminal system is jacked up sometimes, I've spent some time dealing with it, I've had friends, family deal with it both Macon and Randolph. I have friends who are cops, lawyers two are judges, so don't try and blow smoke up my ass. I call bullshit. Tell the real story or shut up.
Moberly Mom

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 19, 2013
notbuyingit wrote:
Bullshit. I'm not buying that she's on a 20,000 dollar bail for having a facebook account. There is more to the story then that so if you want to tell it then do. They wouldn't put that much bail even if she had went against the rule that she can't have or use her account. She done something else like made a drug comment or drug deal via facebook or something. I know the criminal system is jacked up sometimes, I've spent some time dealing with it, I've had friends, family deal with it both Macon and Randolph. I have friends who are cops, lawyers two are judges, so don't try and blow smoke up my ass. I call bullshit. Tell the real story or shut up.
Exactly! A huge part of this story is missing.
crooked town

United States

#18 Apr 19, 2013
That is the truth. Believe it not. Do some checking.
chrystens mom

United States

#19 Apr 19, 2013
crooked town wrote:
That is the truth. Believe it not. Do some checking.
This is her mom. They came and puked her up Thursday. Said they had a warrant. Did not know for what. I, myself personally called her po. She said it was because Chrysten had been on FB and Judge Suter had told her to stay off if it. I told her that was the stupidest thing I had ever heard and she told me she wasn't going to argue with me about what they thought was best for her. After repeated calls to the justice center I was told she is on a $20,000 cash only bond. I'm sure they are calling it failure to follow a judges order. I'm am her friend on FB and she posts things about her recovery and how good her life is now that she is clean. She also posts about her daughter and family. They will release her Wednesday after drug court. Her po said this is a wake-up call for her that she has to do as she is told.
fb friend

United States

#20 Apr 19, 2013
She does not post anything about drug use. A really cool poem once about being off meth. Pics of her baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 20 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,051
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 33 min mr goodwrench 1,816
Brandon Mckenzie 8 hr Just curious 1
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 14 hr stupid bills for ... 6,930
new eating place going next to great clips (Apr '13) 16 hr Down low 41
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 22 hr neveratfault 223
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Wed i kno 327
•••
•••
•••

Moberly Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moberly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Moberly News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Moberly
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••