Amy Hopper was diagnosed on sept. 4, ...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MEA

Paramus, NJ

#43 Nov 20, 2008
hope everthing is ok. still praying
sick of clear minded

Oakland, CA

#44 Nov 20, 2008
we will know more later
MEA wrote:
hope everthing is ok. still praying
jimmy

Oakland, CA

#45 Nov 20, 2008
who is that
jimmy

Oakland, CA

#46 Nov 21, 2008
amy is doing better. her MRI come back good. she still has her feeding tube because she cant swallow. she is gaining movement in her left arm and the swelling is a little better. lets keep praying for her
jimmy

Oakland, CA

#47 Nov 22, 2008
amy is still swollen but she is recovering fine. we had her smiling today so thats a big improvement. tomorrow will be even better.hopefully she will be moved out of I.C.U. soon so she can get some rest. she is keeping her blood pressure up on her own now. if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. thankyou and GOD bless
jimmy

Oakland, CA

#48 Nov 23, 2008
This is Amys mom and Amy had a pretty rough day and just couldnt stay awake so they gave her 2 units of blood and it seems to help. She was awake some this eve. She had visitors from Oregon and Washington today. People from everywhere are sending love and prayers. She will get better! Please coninue to send prayers. We want to be home for Christmas!
prayforamy

Columbia, MO

#49 Nov 25, 2008
today is the fund raiser out on morley street. i hope to see people out there
Staci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#50 Nov 25, 2008
I am very good friends with Amy, and I want to say Thank you to everyone that came by Morley and Rollins and donated to her and her family today!
Amys bake sale

Oakland, CA

#51 Nov 28, 2008
There will be another fundraiser, a bake sale at Moberly Walmart Sunday from 10-4pm if you would like to contribute to help Amy. She should be coming back to Columbia within the next few weeks!
Amys mom

Oakland, CA

#52 Dec 11, 2008
For all of you that have sent prayers. Seems they are paying off. We are suppose to be leaving Ca. in 2 days. Will be so good to get home. We have been here almost 7 weeks. Will take an air ambulance and Amy will be transferred to an in pt rehab center in Mo. Not sure she understands where she will be going or not, but it will be good for her. She needs alot of different rehabs. and she will be able to see family and friends. Thank you for the prayers and love that was sent many miles away as they were all felt here in Ca.
The Facts

United States

#53 Dec 11, 2008
Amys mom wrote:
For all of you that have sent prayers. Seems they are paying off. We are suppose to be leaving Ca. in 2 days. Will be so good to get home. We have been here almost 7 weeks. Will take an air ambulance and Amy will be transferred to an in pt rehab center in Mo. Not sure she understands where she will be going or not, but it will be good for her. She needs alot of different rehabs. and she will be able to see family and friends. Thank you for the prayers and love that was sent many miles away as they were all felt here in Ca.
I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I know that it is going to be a long road and I will keep you all in my prayers. I think you are very strong and great woman, I could not imagine having to go through what you are and being strong. Her kids are in my thoughts during this holiday season, I know this is extremely hard for them and they are in my prayers also. God Bless and you all will always be in my prayers every night.
Amys mom

Oakland, CA

#54 Dec 11, 2008
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to hear that she is doing better. I know that it is going to be a long road and I will keep you all in my prayers. I think you are very strong and great woman, I could not imagine having to go through what you are and being strong. Her kids are in my thoughts during this holiday season, I know this is extremely hard for them and they are in my prayers also. God Bless and you all will always be in my prayers every night.
Thank you so much!
rodd

Peculiar, MO

#55 Nov 21, 2009
prayforamy wrote:
Moya Moya (a rare brain disease)
Amy Hopper was diagnosed on sept. 4, 2008 with a very rare brain disease, which causes the arteries in the brain to close off. She was 100% occluded on both sides of her brain. She left for Stanford CA Oct 27th for testing and treatment. Nov. 5 was surgery to revascularize the left side of her brain. The Dr. said most people come in with at least 10-20% blood flow and Amy was negative, so the blood was flowing backwards on the left. During this surgery she totally occluded on the right which resulted in a massive stroke. She was totally paralyzed on her left side. During the next week she improved gaining movement in her left leg and left arm. She could not swallow and has a feeding tube. Exactly 1 week after the first surgery she had another massive stroke on the right. She is continuing to deteriorate rapidly and they must get her into surgery to revascularize the right but she has to heal some from the strokes. Surgery for the right brain is scheduled for Nov 17 if she does alright until then. I am her mother and I have been here with Amy. It has been very devastating watching my daughter go through this. My son came to be with us Nov 10th and it is of great appreciation.
Amy has 3 children and has been out of work since sept 12. It is very difficult to maintain her bills at home and living in CA is very expensive. We will probably be here for at least another month. Anyone wishing to contribute can do so by sending to c/o Amy Kemper, 205 E. Stone, Sturgeon Mo, 65284.
We are trying to raise funds set for Nov. 25 on Morley street Moberly Mo. You will see people on that day walking up and down the streets. If you cannot give, please send your prayers. We certainly need them too. Check back for continued updates on Amys progress. You may also send ecards or emails to [email protected]
Wife asked me if I'd heard anything on how Amy was. Anyone know?
Toots

United States

#56 Dec 12, 2009
Mark wrote:
I have a daughter with Amy who misses her mommy very much. Please give what you can when you see us on Morley St. Prayers, donations, and e mails will be appreciated
How is she doing now?
my thoughts

Paramus, NJ

#57 Dec 14, 2009
Jimmy,
I was wondering how Amy was doing also?
Amys mom

Pickens, SC

#58 Dec 16, 2009
Amy is still recovering 1 year later with the help of a rehab facility.. Her recovery is much slower than we thought it would be but the parts of her brain that are damaged is where her initiation and motivation come from. She is at 2nd grade math now. The way i figure is, its better than 1st grade math!!!! I truely believe in my heart, Amy will be independent again someday and thats what i continue to pray for. I came very close to losing her and for some reason i didn't. So that, i am very thankful! If any of her old friends would like to send cards or letters, they can at:
Amy Hopper
2356 N. county rd 1600
Burnside, IL 62330.
She would love to hear from people.
Dian

Tallahassee, FL

#59 Jun 21, 2011
Sorry to hear about your daughter. My sister has been diagnosed with this diease. For years whe kept getting headaches and loosing feeling and the doctors would tell her that they could not figure out what was wrong with her. The blood vessels were bursting in her brain and she was henridging. She had a stroke and rushed her to California to a neurosurgeon. We were told that she would not have any memory and that there will be a 50% chance that she will live or die because of the severity. She had surgery that lasted for two days each day 8 hours . The second surgery on the second day she lost a lot of blood and had to had a blood transfusion. She made it okay by the grace God and still has her memory, She had to stop working and was placed on disability it took four years for her brain to heal. From time she has to has to have blood transfusions, she already had three for this year. Caring for someone who has this disease can be a scaring ordel. I will keep my prayers open for you and your family.
prayforamy wrote:
Moya Moya (a rare brain disease)
Amy Hopper was diagnosed on sept. 4, 2008 with a very rare brain disease, which causes the arteries in the brain to close off. She was 100% occluded on both sides of her brain. She left for Stanford CA Oct 27th for testing and treatment. Nov. 5 was surgery to revascularize the left side of her brain. The Dr. said most people come in with at least 10-20% blood flow and Amy was negative, so the blood was flowing backwards on the left. During this surgery she totally occluded on the right which resulted in a massive stroke. She was totally paralyzed on her left side. During the next week she improved gaining movement in her left leg and left arm. She could not swallow and has a feeding tube. Exactly 1 week after the first surgery she had another massive stroke on the right. She is continuing to deteriorate rapidly and they must get her into surgery to revascularize the right but she has to heal some from the strokes. Surgery for the right brain is scheduled for Nov 17 if she does alright until then. I am her mother and I have been here with Amy. It has been very devastating watching my daughter go through this. My son came to be with us Nov 10th and it is of great appreciation.
Amy has 3 children and has been out of work since sept 12. It is very difficult to maintain her bills at home and living in CA is very expensive. We will probably be here for at least another month. Anyone wishing to contribute can do so by sending to c/o Amy Kemper, 205 E. Stone, Sturgeon Mo, 65284.
We are trying to raise funds set for Nov. 25 on Morley street Moberly Mo. You will see people on that day walking up and down the streets. If you cannot give, please send your prayers. We certainly need them too. Check back for continued updates on Amys progress. You may also send ecards or emails to [email protected]
Michael

Brookfield, MO

#60 Jun 21, 2011
My prayers and condolences to Amy and Family.

Since: May 12

Fulton, MO

#61 Sep 16, 2012
I know this post is from a long time ago..How is Amy now? Has she passed or did the surgery go well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sick of the bells 5 hr that guy 5
The dimples on Kennedy dr Wed Gracie Scott 1
Josh luntsford Wed Just the facts 4
Hazel Hess (Feb '09) May 1 mo gal 114
Tommy Fainter (Jun '15) May 1 fainterhater 11
Monitor Index Haunted Apr 30 Felt It 6
any good pain docs in moberly (Feb '14) Apr 30 Knobbyknees 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moberly Mortgages